+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship stories

Jb8

Mar 28, 2018
I came to Canada as a visitor then my family applied for a refugee claim and we've been accepted
Now I am waiting for my PR.
During my stay in Canada I met my boyfriend on internet we really love each other he's my cousin's friend.
Since we met we talk every day, chatting, video calls , calls.
(Before we met he tried to have a visa to visit my cousins but he got rejected)
We are planning to get married when I receive my PR.
We are going to travel to a country other than our original country( since I am a refugee I can not return to my birth country) and have a ceremony there.
I am a student now and I have a part time job.
I want to know if our spouse sponsorship may be rejected and what are the possible reasons.
Please share with me ur spousal sponsorship stories maybe they will help me.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I came to Canada as a visitor then my family applied for a refugee claim and we've been accepted
Now I am waiting for my PR.
During my stay in Canada I met my boyfriend on internet we really love each other he's my cousin's friend.
Since we met we talk every day, chatting, video calls , calls.
(Before we met he tried to have a visa to visit my cousins but he got rejected)
We are planning to get married when I receive my PR.
We are going to travel to a country other than our original country( since I am a refugee I can not return to my birth country) and have a ceremony there.
I am a student now and I have a part time job.
I want to know if our spouse sponsorship may be rejected and what are the possible reasons.
Please share with me ur spousal sponsorship stories maybe they will help me.
Spousal sponsorship process takes between 10 to 12 months to complete.

When you apply please send the forms and all supporting documents as stated in the spousal sponsorship checklist.........you should carefully prepare and send the complete application package....incomplete or missing documents could cause delays or return of your application

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

When not sure on any issues, you could post on this forum to get help from others.

If you are not receiving welfare benefits or social assistance for a reason other than a disability and not in the process of bankruptcy, and eligible you will be approved to Sponsor.

if you are approved to Sponsor, then the waiting game begins......you may not hear from IRCC for months.......the process requires patience and its very frustratingly slow....but most ends well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

These are some of the common reasons why application could be refused;

1. Misrepresentation in the Application Form (provide inaccurate information or lied about past record)
2. Principal Applicant is ineligible to be Sponsored (e.g., previous criminal record, terrorism).
3. Undeclared Family members (e.g., non-accompanying dependant)
4. Marriage of Convenience (IRCC is not convince marriage is genuine and only to gain PR).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

I guess your spouse is outside Canada and you plan to sponsor your spouse "OUTLAND", at some point in the process your sponsorship file will transferred abroad......you may check for the Visa Office processing your file abroad.......there may be a Thread in this site where folks share their experience.......look for it......may be helpful.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
Reactions: Jb8

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Make sure you do not use your home country passport to travel. Make sure you use a refugee travel document. If you use your home country passport for any travel or even renew your home country passport - it's quite possible your PR status will be revoked when you apply for citizenship.

Reactions: Gill$&@ and Jb8

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

Valentineds

Jan 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone filled for studies for their spouse?, is it even an option to bring your spouse for studies to canada to cut the wait of 1 year. I have my PR already, to be married ?