+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****Spouse Sponsorship - Need help ****

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,
My husband is PR in Canada.
We are just married before few months in presence of our family members but my father in law was not present during our wedding or in any event boz of some personal reasons.

My husband is about to apply for my PR as a spouse and we have a enough proofs to prove our relationship.

My question is that
Do CIC will raise any query in (IMM 5406) after to see the absence of my father in law during our wedding ?
Do we also need an explaination letter why father in law didn't attend the wedding?

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
Hello,
My husband is PR in Canada.
We are just married before few months in presence of our family members but my father in law was not present during our wedding or in any event boz of some personal reasons.

My husband is about to apply for my PR as a spouse and we have a enough proofs to prove our relationship.

My question is that
Do CIC will raise any query in (IMM 5406) after to see the absence of my father in law during our wedding ?
Do we also need an explaination letter why father in law didn't attend the wedding?
Yes you need to give an explanation for the reason why they were not present. I think there is a space in the form to explain that.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
My mother, sister, and two of my step-siblings didn't attend so I just explained why (no relationship, etc.) in the little section on IMM 5322 ("If any of the above did not participate, explain why.")

Cultural circumstances may require more details but in my case I've had no questions asked and I'm nearly at the end of the process. (Didn't have my mother or sister's contact info/addresses and didn't reach out for them, either.)

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Yes, I think you had asked this before, just don't put personal reasons, because that's extremely vague.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can you please elaborate what you mean by cultural circumstances may require more details?
If 'cultural circumstances' of applicant and sponsor typically require that extended family attend wedding, you may need to explain why some did not attend. Those explanations would be the personal circumstances (i.e. some were ill and unable to travel or deceased or estranged from family). Obviously some personal circumstances are more convincing than others, and if most of rest of 'normal attendees' attended acc to cultural requirements, then there should be fewer doubts about how genuine the marriage is. If noone from family (one side or other) did not participate, it will raise more questions.