+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship/Medical Exam Passed

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Hi all,

I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my spouse out land.

On June 20th 2018, I got an email from CIC that they have revived our application on May 22nd 2018 and asked us to link our application to our account. On June 26, 2018 they asked us to upload IMM5669 once again because there was a field missing. On July 3rd they sent a Medical request. then on July 5th I got an email saying : "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for
processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you
once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This
confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application
to the Provincial government."

Today is July 11th and they have changed the status on my application to:

Review of medical results "You passed the medical exam"

I thought everything was happening fast and I had hopes that my spouse will land before December 2018. However, after reading some posts, I lost all my hopes since some people were still waiting after almost 9-10 months...

anybody else in the same situation?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi all,

I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my spouse out land.

On June 20th 2018, I got an email from CIC that they have revived our application on May 22nd 2018 and asked us to link our application to our account. On June 26, 2018 they asked us to upload IMM5669 once again because there was a field missing. On July 3rd they sent a Medical request. then on July 5th I got an email saying : "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for
processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you
once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This
confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application
to the Provincial government."

Today is July 11th and they have changed the status on my application to:

Review of medical results "You passed the medical exam"

I thought everything was happening fast and I had hopes that my spouse will land before December 2018. However, after reading some posts, I lost all my hopes since some people were still waiting after almost 9-10 months...

anybody else in the same situation?
Outland apps always move quickly at the beginning and then slow right down.

You only applied a few months ago. The target time is 12 months. While it could be faster, it really depends on the VO, PA's country of origin, the application, etc. You need to be patient.

Reactions: sh.mo2018

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Just to give an update, I just received an email from CIC that I should send my undertaking forms to Immigration et communaute culturelles Quebec, now.

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Outland apps always move quickly at the beginning and then slow right down.

You only applied a few months ago. The target time is 12 months. While it could be faster, it really depends on the VO, PA's country of origin, the application, etc. You need to be patient.
Which is the difference of country of origin? My husband is my sponsor. He lives in Canada. I am from Albania. We sent our application on @5th of May. Since now nothing.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Which is the difference of country of origin? My husband is my sponsor. He lives in Canada. I am from Albania. We sent our application on @5th of May. Since now nothing.
If you applied inland these apps are consistently processed at 11-12 months so your timeline makes sense.

Reactions: Marsiii