+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship from China, Need Urgent Help with 2 questions

kan12

Aug 19, 2010
Hello,
I am a Canadian PR (but Indian citizen) living in Canada. My wife is a chinese citizen living in China. We are preparing the Spousal application to file for her PR. We have prepared most of documents but one thing is confusing me and I cant find clear answer on the forum

Birth Certificate
1) I understand that we need to submit the birth certificate of my wife who is being sponsered. But I am not sure if I need to submit my birth certificate also. Is it required. I dont have my birth certificate with me, and from what I have read, CIC does not accept the one that is issued by Indian embassy. If you can please help me with this.

2) In the application kit it states: "The following documents are required for you, the principal applicant, each of your family members
and your dependent children
, if applicable:
• Certificates of: birth, adoption, marriage, divorce, death"

Does this mean, she has to include birth certificate of her parents also. They are not included in our application. The term "family members" is confusing me here.

If you can please answer my questions for the above, I would really appreciate the same

thanks

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
1) Your wife needs to submit her birth certificate. But you do not. A copy of your PR card is what you need to provide.
2) Family members would mean her and her dependents (children). So just your wife's birth certificate is needed. Her parents are not being sponsored so your don't need theirs.