+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship | Employment or source of income

nagarjunsagi

Jul 20, 2019
Hello all,
I would like to hear from previous experiences in this forum regarding the Source of income documents in the process of sponsoring my spouse.

I was a Permanent resident since Mar 2018 but did not had any income for the financial year of 2018. I filed my 2018 taxes with Zero income; Hence my 2018 NOA represents Zero income & certain amount of 'total credits'.

I started working as a full time employee from Feb, 2019 with supportive employer letters, pay stubs, bank statements and so on.

I was recently married and sponsoring my spouse (she is out at India).

Question:
1. Is it recommend to send my 2018 NOA along with the financial documents of 2019? or is it recommenced to provide an explanation for not submitting the latest years NOA along with the 2019 available supporting documents showing my current job and bank savings?

I am thinking that 2018 NOA with Zero income might impact my sponsorship application towards financial instability... please advice..

Thanks,
Nagarjun

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,
I would like to hear from previous experiences in this forum regarding the Source of income documents in the process of sponsoring my spouse.

I was a Permanent resident since Mar 2018 but did not had any income for the financial year of 2018. I filed my 2018 taxes with Zero income; Hence my 2018 NOA represents Zero income & certain amount of 'total credits'.

I started working as a full time employee from Feb, 2019 with supportive employer letters, pay stubs, bank statements and so on.

I was recently married and sponsoring my spouse (she is out at India).

Question:
1. Is it recommend to send my 2018 NOA along with the financial documents of 2019? or is it recommenced to provide an explanation for not submitting the latest years NOA along with the 2019 available supporting documents showing my current job and bank savings?

I am thinking that 2018 NOA with Zero income might impact my sponsorship application towards financial instability... please advice..

Thanks,
Nagarjun
Having no income is not a valid reason to leave out the NOA. You need to submit it. Include recent payslips and a bank statement if you have savings.