+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship......Concerned!----- Please Help!!!

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

I am a canadian citizen and had submitted an sponsorship application for my wife (living in the States with a permenant resident status). My wife had lived in Uzbekistan prior to coming to the U.S. and she didn't have any legal status in Uzbekistan.

Now, she received a letter from Visa Office in Buffalo NY, asking for a police certificate from Uzbekistan (the country where my wife resided prior to coming to U.S.). She has no way to obtain a police certificate from Uzbekistan, because she was stateless there.

Please advise as what to do...

Thanks in advance and appreciate any help.

Toledo,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can not mail them and get a letter saying they have or don't have a police record of her? For example if you ask for FBI clearance, they never ask about your status, just name, b-date and fingerprints and then they verify that they have a record on you or they don't. Why would not having had status somewhere prevent you from getting a police certificate?

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Leon,

Thanks for reply.

So, even if she doesn't have any record, she can still write for a police certificate and they will send a response? I don't know about that. So, the letter should be written to the embacy, I guess? Please advise...

Thanks,

Toledo,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can not even spell Uzbekistan so I do not know anything about how you go about getting a police certificate from there but if I had to do it myself, unless you can google a website for their police services, its a good idea to start at the embassy.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
I can not even spell Uzbekistan so I do not know anything about how you go about getting a police certificate from there but if I had to do it myself, unless you can google a website for their police services, its a good idea to start at the embassy.
When all else fails, read the instructions

How to obtain a police certificate
Uzbekistan

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How or where do I obtain one?

People living in Uzbekistan should apply to the Information centre of the Ministry of Internal Affairs at 1 Radzhabi str., Tashkent 700029. Tel. (998-71) 233-3704.

People living outside Uzbekistan should apply to the Consular Section of the nearest Embassy of Uzbekistan.

http://www.uzbekistan.org/consular/

PMM

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Leon, PMM,

Thank you both.

PMM, I guess you are right, I should have read the instructions. But, I think I did panic and forgot that it was even mentioned in CIC website.

So, I did go to the Consulate General office and requested a copy of the record for my wife, and hopefully I will get a response soon. The consolar said, it would take arround 15 days to 2 months. It's mentioned in the document that I have received from Visa Office, that the required documentation should be submitted within 90 days of the notice.

What if I didn't get any response within that period of time? What would happen and what should I do?

Please help...

thanks once again, and look forward to hear from you.

Toledo.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't get a response by the time you are supposed to submit documents, write a letter of explanation and ask for more time. If you have any paperwork for having gone and requested these documents, send copies of that too.