Med's Done....
24-12-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
LANDED..........
04-01-2020
Hi,

This is in regards to Spouse visa Sponsor under study visa,
My would-be already received her study permit for her course commencing on Jan 2017 9 (Her study permit visa forms Filed states that she's single and no one will be accompanying her) and we are getting married in the month of Dec 2016 with this we will have our marriage certificate. With this can she sponsor me ? and can i get open work permit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply for an open work permit once you are married. It's up to CIC whether your work permit will be approved and that's not something we can guess or tell you.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
I tried to inbox you Vivek but your inbox is full! Please read my response below

Hi,

The process is pretty straight forward. you can apply online or at your local visa office and your application will be processed as per the current processing time. The conditions are your spouse should hold a valid visa for more than 6 months. I usually advice that it should be valid for more than a year as it increases the probability of getting an approval.

My Husband and I met in Canada and was a relationship from 3 years before we got married. So we had a good chunk of documents as a proof to support our relationship. My husband applied paper application in New Delhi as the time frames were faster than Punjab and online application.

If your wife's student visa will expire by then or is close to expiry please wait till she gets a work permit and has a job in NOC O A or B category. She will then require to submit her latest pay stubs and letter from her work including NOC code pay scale and job duties and responsibilities. Also copy of her Work permit

If you are going to apply based on her study permit, she require to provide you with her transcripts, offer letter fee of future semester(may be) and copy of study permit.

Your cover letter should include everything make sure you havea proper letter written. then the form he filed was http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

It is only if application is made outside Canada. Also other documents which we attached are:
Proof of relationship - marriage certificate;
Powers of attorney - https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/pgt/poa.pdf
Proof of communication;
WhatsApp
Relationship status on his Facebook;
Need to change marital status with the CRA;
Lease with both names on it; (as he was in canada and then went back)
Proof of a restraining order from India;
Money transfers;
Proof of his property in India;
His bonding to his home country;
Funds in his bank account - 12-15K;
Copy of his birth certificate;
Copy of your visa document;
Copy of Notice of Assessment;
A Verification of employment letters;

I hope it helps.

Also you are applying online so you wont be able to provide all of these documents I guess. System only let you upload a marriage certificate and form itself. Again I am not sure.

chiru1973

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Navprateek said:
I tried to inbox you Vivek but your inbox is full! Please read my response below

Hi,

The process is pretty straight forward. you can apply online or at your local visa office and your application will be processed as per the current processing time. The conditions are your spouse should hold a valid visa for more than 6 months. I usually advice that it should be valid for more than a year as it increases the probability of getting an approval.

My Husband and I met in Canada and was a relationship from 3 years before we got married. So we had a good chunk of documents as a proof to support our relationship. My husband applied paper application in New Delhi as the time frames were faster than Punjab and online application.

If your wife's student visa will expire by then or is close to expiry please wait till she gets a work permit and has a job in NOC O A or B category. She will then require to submit her latest pay stubs and letter from her work including NOC code pay scale and job duties and responsibilities. Also copy of her Work permit

If you are going to apply based on her study permit, she require to provide you with her transcripts, offer letter fee of future semester(may be) and copy of study permit.

Your cover letter should include everything make sure you havea proper letter written. then the form he filed was http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

It is only if application is made outside Canada. Also other documents which we attached are:
Proof of relationship - marriage certificate;
Powers of attorney - https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/pgt/poa.pdf
Proof of communication;
WhatsApp
Relationship status on his Facebook;
Need to change marital status with the CRA;
Lease with both names on it; (as he was in canada and then went back)
Proof of a restraining order from India;
Money transfers;
Proof of his property in India;
His bonding to his home country;
Funds in his bank account - 12-15K;
Copy of his birth certificate;
Copy of your visa document;
Copy of Notice of Assessment;
A Verification of employment letters;

I hope it helps.

Also you are applying online so you wont be able to provide all of these documents I guess. System only let you upload a marriage certificate and form itself. Again I am not sure.
Hi Navprateek,
This reply of yours is somehow very relevant to me.
I'm planning to come as a student in summer 2017 to Canada.During my submission of application, I did mention that my spouse & kid will not be accompanied with me.However as the application was for enrollment in winter, which I had to miss because of the delay in visa processing & hence I had defer the enrollment, I now planned to take my family along with me in summer.
My question is , can I apply for TRV (cum OWP) for my wife and student permit for my son now, OR I have to arrive in Canada first and then only can apply for them with an attachment as proof my enrollment to the university? Kindly guide me.Regards