+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse- Sponsor

parth_619

Dec 29, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have became permanent resident in Canada on 23 sep, 2015. I wanted to bring my spouce to Canada Who is in India at the moment.

Please help me with this questions?

1) What is the mandatory income to sponsor a spouse in Canada?
2) What is sclpc?
3) What is one year pilot program for spouse?
4) How long does it take to complete the procedure of a spouse to become a permanent resident in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Did you get married after you became a PR?

1. There is no minimum income. You must be able to show CIC that you can support yourselves without welfare.

2. Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class.

3. The pilot program allows inland applicants to apply for an Open Work Permit along with their PR app.

4. Inland takes a few years. New Delhi averages around a year or less.

In order to apply inland and receive an OWP, your wife must be in Canada. Unless she already has a TRV, the chances of her being approved for one are low. An outland app through New Delhi is your best choice.

parth_619

Dec 29, 2013
hi

Yes i got married after i become pr.

ok.

Can you provide more information on New Delhi outland app?

Can i bring her on visitor visa to Canada and get an owp for pr application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
parth_619 said:
Can you provide more information on New Delhi outland app?

Can i bring her on visitor visa to Canada and get an owp for pr application?
Outland app: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

As I said, the chances of her being approved for a TRV are low but you can still try.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi,

I have a question on spouse sponsorship that is a little weird...but I will ask anyway...

Suppose I go back to India to get married say after 6 months or a year but do not return back to Canada say for another year or so:-

1) can I start the sponsorship process of my spouse sitting back in India? Or do I need to be in Canada to start the sponsorship process?
2) If the answer to above question is..."i need to be in Canada to sponsor a spouse"...can I come, stay for couple of months, start the sponsor process and then fly out back?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

I have a question on spouse sponsorship that is a little weird...but I will ask anyway...

Suppose I go back to India to get married say after 6 months or a year but do not return back to Canada say for another year or so:-

1) can I start the sponsorship process of my spouse sitting back in India? Or do I need to be in Canada to start the sponsorship process?
2) If the answer to above question is..."i need to be in Canada to sponsor a spouse"...can I come, stay for couple of months, start the sponsor process and then fly out back?
1. If you are a PR, not a citizen, you have to submit the application in Canada, and remain in Canada during the processing of the application. If you leave for other than a vacation of a couple of weeks, IRCC can will refuse under 130.1 of the Regulations

• 130 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who
    • (a) is at least 18 years of age;

• (b) resides in Canada; and

• (c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class in accordance with section 10.

Reactions: DiNaV