+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsor living in India

lalith542

Sep 7, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am permanent resident in Canada with job. I would like to sponsor my wife living in India.
What I understand from CIC is , that we have to fill out forms, validate them and PHYSICALLY sign.
Is thats the only way? I have to send all forms to Indian for my wife to sign and return and submit?
Please provide your expertise and appreciate any information.
Thanks

Reactions: karthik_kv

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Guys,
I am permanent resident in Canada with job. I would like to sponsor my wife living in India.
What I understand from CIC is , that we have to fill out forms, validate them and PHYSICALLY sign.
Is thats the only way? I have to send all forms to Indian for my wife to sign and return and submit?
Thanks
Yes. I believe that you will have to do that. You may need to send the original signed forms, even if you supplied copies initially.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

Signatures
If signatures are missing, we will return the application without processing it.

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

• Remember to check for a signature block on each form and sign when needed. If forms are not signed in the correct places, and by the correct people, we will return your application without processing it.
  • Signatures may be required in more than one place, or by more than one person on some forms.
  • Where a date is needed, make sure you complete the section.
  • A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.
Important: Use the last page of your checklist to help you make sure all forms have been signed correctly.

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Hi Guys,
Thanks
I also saw one person mention a somewhat easier way. Since you will be submitting the application here(I am guessing), he suggested, you fill out all the forms online, send it to your spouse have them sign it. And mail it to you so you can sign and send it. This way you'll save on one way postage. But yes both your physical signature needs to be on there

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hi Guys,
Thanks
I agree with csarah15. The best way is for you to fill in the form. Then email it to your spouse. She can print the form & sign it. Then she can mail it to you.

I completed my application like this & it was smooth sailing with IRCC.

Good luck with your application.

Reactions: karthik_kv

lalith542

Sep 7, 2018
I agree with csarah15. The best way is for you to fill in the form. Then email it to your spouse. She can print the form & sign it. Then she can mail it to you.

I completed my application like this & it was smooth sailing with IRCC.

Good luck with your application.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016

lalith542

Sep 7, 2018
Really?!!! But the CIC website processing time is around years year for spouse sponsorship living abroad!

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Really?!!! But the CIC website processing time is around years year for spouse sponsorship living abroad!
As per the website, the average processing times is 12 months. But processing times vary on a case by case basis. If you are lucky, you can get your applications processed in a matter of months. Patience is the key to this process.

lalith542

Sep 7, 2018
Thanks a lot for your input. Meanwhile, how do we pay the fees. Any link for online payment? I couldn't find.
Appreciate your help.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
VishalV, is PCC required for spouse who never traveled abroad?
PCC is required for any country where the spouse has resided for more than six months.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I also saw one person mention a somewhat easier way. Since you will be submitting the application here(I am guessing), he suggested, you fill out all the forms online, send it to your spouse have them sign it. And mail it to you so you can sign and send it. This way you'll save on one way postage. But yes both your physical signature needs to be on there
I did the same way. I filled most of the info> e-mail her filled forms>she VALIDATED>signed and sent me all by DHL >then I signed where I had to sign> mailed the package to Sydney.