+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse secondary diploma (high school) needs eca or supporting it with documents ?

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I'm only claiming 2 points for my spouse showing her education as secondary diploma (high school)
I was told there is no need for her ECA unless I'm claiming points for her bachelor's but I want to ask when I fill the express entry profile or upload documents post ITA, will I have to upload her original secondary diploma mark sheet and certificate ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm only claiming 2 points for my spouse showing her education as secondary diploma (high school)
I was told there is no need for her ECA unless I'm claiming points for her bachelor's but I want to ask when I fill the express entry profile or upload documents post ITA, will I have to upload her original secondary diploma mark sheet and certificate ?
Interesting, who told you this?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
You do not need mark sheet. The original diploma/ certificate has to be uploaded, yes.

Lilix

Apr 2, 2013
I actually thought an ECA was mandatory for any foreign education that claims points.

My husband is in the same position as your spouse, and because it was only 2 points I actually gave up on going through an entire process of ECA since it would require contacting his past school (we are not living in our home country anymore - so it would be hard and expensive) and translating documents, then we decided it would not be worth going through all these steps to add only 2 points.

So I claimed no points for his education, if you end up finding for sure that an ECA is not necessary in their case, please let us know, so I can count on his 2 points as well.

Thanks and good luck! :)

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
And r u sure that there is no need to get the ECA done ?
If you are claiming points you do need ECA. Without ECA, you can not claim points.
Even it is a secondary or higher education.
I misunderstood your question. You want to claim points without ECA, right? It is not possible.

Reactions: kashifshaikh

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
The system will ask the ECA number, you can get points only if it is done when you are submitting your Express Entry profile.

Reactions: kashifshaikh

kashifshaikh

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The system will ask the ECA number, you can get points only if it is done when you are submitting your Express Entry profile.
Oh ok
Thank you so much for clearing this confusion, this would have created a lot of problem for me later on
I guess I'll have to give up on the 2 points I plan on claiming for my wife's education
Don't want to go through all of that lengthy process again

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I got an ITA about a week ago and currently filling out all the details. I have included my common-law partner into my application. I am not claiming any points for his work experience nor education. In the Express Entry profile I did include his previous jobs, without claiming any points and didn’t add his high-school education as I have no ECA because not claiming any points for it.

In the current PR application, I need to fill out my partner’s personal, study & work history. Now, the question is whether or not to include his work history/high school education as I didn’t claim any points for those. Or should I just mention those in his personal history and not fill them out in the ‘study’ nor ‘work experience’ field?

Thank you :)

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got an ITA about a week ago and currently filling out all the details. I have included my common-law partner into my application. I am not claiming any points for his work experience nor education. In the Express Entry profile I did include his previous jobs, without claiming any points and didn’t add his high-school education as I have no ECA because not claiming any points for it.

In the current PR application, I need to fill out my partner’s personal, study & work history. Now, the question is whether or not to include his work history/high school education as I didn’t claim any points for those. Or should I just mention those in his personal history and not fill them out in the ‘study’ nor ‘work experience’ field?

Thank you :)
Hi! Just mention it in personal history and leave work history, education empty, if you dont claim points for education, and if your partner has no work exp in Canada. For dependant points are given for canadian work exp only.