+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Pregnant, CORP/VISA received but doctor is not allowing my wife to travel

Aug 30, 2015
Dear Experts,

I need your advise on a matter. I applied in Sep 2014 (not under express entry). I (principal applicant) have received my CORP and VISA for me and my spouse (dependent), while we had no child when we applied and even at the time of our medical my wife was not pregnant. After couple of months of Medical, My wife got pregnant. Now, my wife is three months pregnant, she conceived after 7 years of our marriage. Her doctor is not allowing her to travel due to some medical complications. My VISA/Medical is going to expire on March 2016.

Now, if I inform CIC about this pregnancy and my inability to travel, would they allow us extension in time and would it be easy for me to add my child in my dependents or would they consider it as a new case altogether? What difficulties should I expect and what is the best option for me in this case? Please advise

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Talking_Silence said:
Dear Experts,

I need your advise on a matter. I applied in Sep 2014 (not under express entry). I (principal applicant) have received my CORP and VISA for me and my spouse (dependent), while we had no child when we applied and even at the time of our medical my wife was not pregnant. After couple of months of Medical, My wife got pregnant. Now, my wife is three months pregnant, she conceived after 7 years of our marriage. Her doctor is not allowing her to travel due to some medical complications. My VISA/Medical is going to expire on March 2016.

Now, if I inform CIC about this pregnancy and my inability to travel, would they allow us extension in time and would it be easy for me to add my child in my dependents or would they consider it as a new case altogether? What difficulties should I expect and what is the best option for me in this case? Please advise
You have a number of options that don't put the life of your unborn child at risk.
1) Contact CIC and notify them of the situation and ask their advice.
2) You go to Canada and immediately become a landed permanent resident. This will ensure that you can sponsor your wife and child if she cannot safely travel before the child is born and her visa expires.
3) Abandon the current application and reapply in the future.
And finally,
4) Go against medical advice and take your chances.

There may be other options that I have not covered.

Aug 30, 2015
zardoz said:
You have a number of options that don't put the life of your unborn child at risk.
1) Contact CIC and notify them of the situation and ask their advice.
2) You go to Canada and immediately become a landed permanent resident. This will ensure that you can sponsor your wife and child if she cannot safely travel before the child is born and her visa expires.
3) Abandon the current application and reapply in the future.
And finally,
4) Go against medical advice and take your chances.

There may be other options that I have not covered.
Dear Zardoz,
Thanks alot for your valuable input, I am highly obliged. Kindly advise what would CIC do and what would be the fate of my immigration case, If I take option 1 as advised by you, i.e. I inform CIC and take their advise. Do you have any idea?

ahmedmud

Aug 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi--->> WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
15-05 (3 PCC's sub along with RPRF on 15-06)
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015, TLU 16-06-2015
Interview........
I guess its waived off
Passport Req..
PPR- 20-08, DM - 14-08
Well said boy.... what rubbish,,, Going against doctor advise during pregnancy is the least one should do. No doctor will be against travel unless there is harm to mother or her pregnancy. There was a similar case with my wife were the doc advised us not to travel during the first 4 months of the pregnancy due to some low lying placenta (Medical Term) issue . Bro life is far important than PR. Also take advise of few other doctors as well. See what's the majority says.. You can do following things,

1) Immediately fly alone and complete your landing formalities. If asked at the immigration about your wife, tell them she will land after a few months by giving some work related or any suitable reason. After a month or after you get your PR, mail your VO and tell them that you have just recently found out that your wife is pregnant and can't travel due to some medical reasons and let them advise you. For this option, you need to fly immediately, any delay might let your VO doubt that you hided your wife's pregnancy.

2) In case you have no option to fly alone or with your wife in near future than you need to inform your Visa Office about the situation. Unless there are any new Ministerial orders, you don't need to re apply again. Your application is already assessed. In case your existing visa expires before landing, You will only be asked to redo yours and yours wife medicals, add the new born to your application and provide them with the updated proof of funds. They will reissue new visa's for you and other dependents provided you have informed the VO about the case.

If I were you I would go with the first option. At least you will secure a PR and if in case your wife's visa expires you still have an option of family sponsorship which will not take more than a year or so to be processed.Think carefully and decide. Good luck.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Talking_Silence said:
Dear Zardoz,
Thanks alot for your valuable input, I am highly obliged. Kindly advise what would CIC do and what would be the fate of my immigration case, If I take option 1 as advised by you, i.e. I inform CIC and take their advise. Do you have any idea?
I believe that Leon covered it in his reply to your other post at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wife-pregnant-after-receiving-pr-visa-t19619.0.html;msg4601730#msg4601730

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Talking_Silence said:
Dear Experts,

What you can do now is to get a second opinion about your wife's pregnancy from another gynaecologist. Since it is complicated pregnancy it is always best not to travel.

you can inform the visa office and they will allow you to add the child once he/she is born. You will have to fill-in the new application form to add the child and then your wife and newborn will have to undergo medicals. , if one year passes after your visa medicals, then you will have to undergo medicals again. Preganancy during the course of the application is very common and the visa officers are always very accomdoating with regard to this.

Good luck..