+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR

Chanchal26

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,
I am Canadian PR.. i went in the month pf Jan 2018 and returned bck to India in Apr cz of my wedding. I wana file my husband’s PR now. I have 2 questions:
1. How long can I stay in India nw?
2. Where shall i file my husband’s PR- India or Can?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am Canadian PR.. i went in the month pf Jan 2018 and returned bck to India in Apr cz of my wedding. I wana file my husband’s PR now. I have 2 questions:
1. How long can I stay in India nw?
2. Where shall i file my husband’s PR- India or Can?
1. You cannot stay in India. Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada when you submit the application to sponsor your husband and you must continue living in Canada while the application is processed and until it is approved. You can take occasional short trips (2-3 weeks) outside of Canada but must spend the majority of your time living in Canada. Permanent residents are not permitted to sponsor spouses while living outside of Canada.
2. The application must be mailed to a Canadian office. Again, you must be living in Canada at the time you apply to sponsor your husband. You cannot sponsor your husband from outside of Canada.

Chanchal26

Mar 20, 2018
1. You cannot stay in India. Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada when you submit the application to sponsor your husband and you must continue living in Canada while the application is processed and until it is approved. You can take occasional short trips (2-3 weeks) outside of Canada but must spend the majority of your time living in Canada. Permanent residents are not permitted to sponsor spouses while living outside of Canada.
2. The application must be mailed to a Canadian office. Again, you must be living in Canada at the time you apply to sponsor your husband. You cannot sponsor your husband from outside of Canada.
Thanks for your reply.
Regarding my first question, I am in a fix.
It’s been a month and half I got married and I wouldike to go back to Canada after 3 months. So, precisely my question is can I stay in India that longer? B’cz I have read in forums and CIC website as well that the total no of days has to be 720 wich could be at any time within a time period of 5 years.
Please guide.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply.
Regarding my first question, I am in a fix.
It’s been a month and half I got married and I wouldike to go back to Canada after 3 months. So, precisely my question is can I stay in India that longer? B’cz I have read in forums and CIC website as well that the total no of days has to be 720 wich could be at any time within a time period of 5 years.
Please guide.
You can remain in India longer - you just cannot sponsor your husband. To keep your PR status, you must live in Canada for 2 years out of every rolling 5 years.