+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse pr rejection

Heba.y.a.

Mar 19, 2018
good day everyone.
My husband is a Canadian citizen living abroad in ksa. We got married in 2010 and have two daughters together now. I am Syrian and with the current situation going on in ksa we have decided like many to leave the country and go start a new life in Canada. My husband started working on my sponsorship application, we did it through the help of a lawyer based in Canada... it took a very long time to hear back from the immigration office in Abu Dhabi, and when we finally did they asked for proof of sponsor going back to reside in Canada with the applicant (me). We sent them proof of basement rental, job resignation from my husbands current job in ksa, job offer in Canada and a letter explaining our wishes to move to Canada together as a family. Months later the decision was made and the application had been rejected based on them not believing that my husband will be moving back to Canada with me.
Our lawyer wrote a letter to the Abu Dhabi immigration office asking them to reconsider the decision that has been made explaining to them that my husband has lost his job here and with the terrible economy and saudization his chances for getting another job is almost impossible. We haven’t registered our eldest daughter in school for the next year because our plans were to enroll her in Canada. Also now with all the new laws here we have to leave the kingdom and we cannot go anywhere since I have a Syrian passport and Syrians r banned from entering any country now besides a few.. I can’t go back to Syria because my hometown has been destroyed.
All these points were mentioned in the lawyers letter.. we get a reply from the immigration office that they will check if a mistake has been made and within 30 days if we don’t recieve any corresponding email then their decision hasn’t changed. 30 days have passed for sure with no reply. My husband was at the Canadian embassy today asking to meet with the embassador to help him solve all of this and what to do because as of July my husband needs to fly to Canada and get my daughter enrolled in school there. What happens to me and my youngest daughter being left behind?
He was told told that the embassador can’t meet with him and that the “wife” should send a letter herself to cic Abu Dhabi.
Has anyone been through this??
I know we can appeal but it will cost us around 7000us$ and it will take over a year..
reapplying all over again will also take a lot of time..
What should my letter to the immigration office say?? We already have them our true facts and intentions were clear..
let me know you thoughts and thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
good day everyone.
My husband is a Canadian citizen living abroad in ksa. We got married in 2010 and have two daughters together now. I am Syrian and with the current situation going on in ksa we have decided like many to leave the country and go start a new life in Canada. My husband started working on my sponsorship application, we did it through the help of a lawyer based in Canada... it took a very long time to hear back from the immigration office in Abu Dhabi, and when we finally did they asked for proof of sponsor going back to reside in Canada with the applicant (me). We sent them proof of basement rental, job resignation from my husbands current job in ksa, job offer in Canada and a letter explaining our wishes to move to Canada together as a family. Months later the decision was made and the application had been rejected based on them not believing that my husband will be moving back to Canada with me.
Our lawyer wrote a letter to the Abu Dhabi immigration office asking them to reconsider the decision that has been made explaining to them that my husband has lost his job here and with the terrible economy and saudization his chances for getting another job is almost impossible. We haven’t registered our eldest daughter in school for the next year because our plans were to enroll her in Canada. Also now with all the new laws here we have to leave the kingdom and we cannot go anywhere since I have a Syrian passport and Syrians r banned from entering any country now besides a few.. I can’t go back to Syria because my hometown has been destroyed.
All these points were mentioned in the lawyers letter.. we get a reply from the immigration office that they will check if a mistake has been made and within 30 days if we don’t recieve any corresponding email then their decision hasn’t changed. 30 days have passed for sure with no reply. My husband was at the Canadian embassy today asking to meet with the embassador to help him solve all of this and what to do because as of July my husband needs to fly to Canada and get my daughter enrolled in school there. What happens to me and my youngest daughter being left behind?
He was told told that the embassador can’t meet with him and that the “wife” should send a letter herself to cic Abu Dhabi.
Has anyone been through this??
I know we can appeal but it will cost us around 7000us$ and it will take over a year..
reapplying all over again will also take a lot of time..
What should my letter to the immigration office say?? We already have them our true facts and intentions were clear..
let me know you thoughts and thanks in advance.
Recommend you join the Family Sponsorship section of the forum. There's an active thread there about appeals:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-800

Reactions: Heba.y.a.