+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse points

lamhey

Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asdf111 said:
i don't have a wife but a girl friend. can i claim spouse points. thanks
i think if u can show ur girlfirend as ur comman-law partner, then u can get points from her.

here are the extract from EG7.pdf from cic.gc.ca.
page 23

Spouse
Refers to either of the two persons (opposite or same sex) in a legally-recognized marriage.

A common-law partner:
Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people. Common-law partners must attach any documents that show they are in a committed and genuine relationship, for example, evidence that they share the same home, that they support each other financially and emotionally, that they have had children together, or that they present themselves in public as a couple.

Common-law partners who are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal restrictions in their home country may still qualify and should be included on the application.

Common-law partners that meet the conditions outlined above but who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict) may qualify and should be included on the application.

hope it helped.

cheers
lamhey

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
i second lamhey's explanation...
U must provide supporting documents to prove common law relationship.