Medical request - 17 July
Medical sent via webform - 17 july
Medical passed - 23 july
Biomatrics letter - 23 july
Visa approved - 23 july

hpbarun

Apr 16, 2018
Hello guys,

I need urgent help on my special case. I am on my study permit and after finishing my study I applied for my PGWP. The work permit is still under processing.

My spouse is in Canada on open work permit and it will be expired on September 30,2020.

I have job in NOC category A and want to apply for her extension. Can I apply for her extension while still my work per it is under processing?

vinododesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Hello guys,

I need urgent help on my special case. I am on my study permit and after finishing my study I applied for my PGWP. The work permit is still under processing.

My spouse is in Canada on open work permit and it will be expired on September 30,2020.

I have job in NOC category A and want to apply for her extension. Can I apply for her extension while still my work per it is under processing?
Yes, you can apply your spouse extension with your processing case.

Reactions: hpbarun

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello guys,

Thats... somewhat of a trouble.
I believe that if you have applied for PGWP, your Study Permit has expired now and you are not enrolled in a full time study program. If you can start your job NOW. Eg. with an authorization based on a complete application (again Covid-19 measure). The advantage is that you will have your pay stubs available.
If you don't have a valid study permit with enrolment OR a work permit with employment in NOC 0/A/B AND 3 pay stubs then you cann't apply for a SOWP. What your options are :-

1. Apply for a work permit in another catagory for your spouse. May be a LMIA exempt.
2. Apply for a visitor visa. (eligibility, funds, ties etc come to mind)
3. Do nothing. You have till December 31st 2020 to apply for restoration of status. Hope that you get your work permit by then. When did you apply?

Reactions: hpbarun

Visha1995

Jun 1, 2020
Hello @Riza7...
From where u applied? N submission date?
I submitted my application on 9th march but still waiting for decision...can u share ur timeline?

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
hi,
i'm in canada and i'm on LMIA base work permit. and my wife is on her PGWP. i applied for SOWP .
i submit my file on JAN-03
biometric done JAN-06
NO UPDATE YET
they moved my file to CPC EDMONTON for further processing. my work permit going to expire in september.