+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit

cannavis

Jun 19, 2021
I am working in Canada under Work Permit.
My spouse is outside Canada and I applied for Visitor Visa for my spouse which is still in submitted status.
Can I submit Open Work Permit application also in parallel now while visitor visa process is inprogress.
Will Open Work Permit process be hampered?

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
I am working in Canada under Work Permit.
My spouse is outside Canada and I applied for Visitor Visa for my spouse which is still in submitted status.
Can I submit Open Work Permit application also in parallel now while visitor visa process is inprogress.
Will Open Work Permit process be hampered?

Hi @cannavis ,

I wanted to have some information regarding spouse visitor visa. Actually, I am planning to apply for my spouse visitor visa from India. Currently, we both are in India and I am a permanent resident of Canada , seeking to apply visitor visa for my spouse from India.

If you have already applied for visitor visa , could you please help me with documents or step by step process to apply for the same? It's little confusing to read all the stuff available online and many people say there are high chances of rejection in spouse visitor visa application. Wanting to know if your application is approved/in-process and the documents that can be submitted to increase visa acceptance chances.

I have a job in Canada and need to return however I would want the spouse visitor visa to be filed so that my spouse can assist with the initial settlement for 15-30 days. What all documents do I need to submit to Canada govt. for my spouse visitor visa application and under which category/reason?

Thanks.

Reactions: kunturkar.aditya

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
I think u have to withdraw and apply or wait till ur spouse lands there and then apply SOWP

Hi, can you please help with below questions?

1. Is it possible to apply for spouse visitor visa from India or the PR applicant is to be in Canada to apply for spouse work permit?
2. Is it possible to apply for spouse open work permit (from India) and without applying for spouse visitor visa?

Thanks.

amr1tv1rd1

Oct 12, 2020
Hi there, I am in Canada with spousal open work permit and my husband is on closed work permit. Do I need a job offer to extend my spousal open work permit?

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello all. Need some insights on open work permit. My spouse is a student in Canada & I’m planning to apply for Open work permit from India. Is it possible for me to add dependents to my applications at a later stage?

Fathoma

Jan 30, 2022
Is it possible to make visit/ dependent visa application for more than six persons using single ' GC key'? & how.

Erjune

Dec 25, 2023
hey ! everyone. Its been just 6 months we are in canada me and my girlfriend. we were here for study and have valid study permit. We got married in canada in a legal way one month ago and got certificate too.. now i am thinking to apply for open work permit and help through her study. I visited one of the immigration and he told me to apply for visitor records first and then open work permit. And to do visitor record i need to drop my study. And next sem is about to start and i am going to drop my stufies and apply for visitor recird asap. I just want to know that will be there any problem of deportation or sth else regarding this whole process ?? i am afraid of this. please help me