+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
Hey guys, my wife is going student visa for may intake in Canada. After her departure, I am going to apply for sowp after 6 months. My question is, can I apply for sowp as I am hsc passed with 13 years of work experience in sales. Please guide

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, my wife is going student visa for may intake in Canada. After her departure, I am going to apply for sowp after 6 months. My question is, can I apply for sowp as I am hsc passed with 13 years of work experience in sales. Please guide
Yes, you can apply for a SOWP provided your spouse is attending a DLI and studying full time.

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
A consultant told me to show fake degree to make my qualification criteria strong for SOWP to avoid refusal of visa. What do you suggest?

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
So applying with hsc passed and 13 years of work experience will assure me Canada SOWP visa, i am confused about it. Should I start any diploma course while my wife completes one semester to assure my visa approval?

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
So applying with hsc passed and 13 years of work experience will assure me Canada SOWP visa, i am confused about it. Should I start any diploma course while my wife completes one semester to assure my visa approval?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
SOWP is never guaranteed for spouses of international students. The exact criteria isn’t clear butif your spouse is pursuing an advanced degree
Ike masters or a PhD the chances increase. You a.so need to show that you have the extra finances to support another person. There also may be travel restrictions which may prevent you from joining your spouse in Canada. It is impossible to predict so far in advance. There is no need to wait 6 months to apply. Would wait and see if your spouse is approved for her study permit before getting too focused on all the minor details. Change consultants if you are using the person who recommended you lie. He/She is giving you very bad advice.

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
I got your point. But I am going to start pursuing diploma to enhance my qualification which is Hsc. So, is it enough to not get rejection on base of qualification?

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
I got your point. But I am going to start pursuing diploma to enhance my qualification which is Hsc. So, is it enough to not get rejection on base of qualification?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no exact criteria. Your spouse can be approved or refused an SOWP while you are studying nobody can guarantee the outcome.

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
Hey friends, I have one question which I am not able to get clear answer in quora too. Question is how much funds do I need to show while applying for spouse dependent visa? If I have a joint account with my wife, can I show same account as my funds? Please guide.

Annuhainu1708

Oct 18, 2020
Hey friends, I have one question which I am not able to get clear answer in quora too. Question is how much funds do I need to show while applying for spouse dependent visa? If I have a joint account with my wife, can I show same account as my funds? Please guide.