+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit

vishal0893

Mar 11, 2020
Any feb applicants waiting for a decision?

I have applied for sowp on feb 2
Biometrics updated feb 6
Medical passed feb 12
Waiting for an update since then.

Processing time says 5 weeks but it already has passed it. Does anyone know how long it will take?

Yose

Nov 3, 2016

Biometrics updated feb 6
Medical passed feb 12

Processing time says 5 weeks but it already has passed it. Does anyone know how long it will take?
what is your eligibility for SOWP? is your spouse currently with study permit? or is she on PGWP currently?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hello All.

I have a query and hope one of you can assist

My spouse in interested to study a PGD in IT (she is a Master of science in IT degree holder in Indian) in an university in Canada and I too want to accompany her along. We met few consultants where some are telling to file the student visa first and once the student visa is approved, I can file the SOWP. I mean, I want to accompany her along and is there a way to do that.

I can prove my ties to the nation that I have a single mother in India ->My Employer will hire me once I'm back -> Also, I can demonstrate that my spouse will need my company to aid her in assisting in her college studies, be a moral and financial support to her due to the Covid crisis and all.
Also, I can show up to 8000 CAD in my account (after my spouse's college fees and her GIC amount).

So can one of you let me know the documents needed, Financial requirements and other best practices to ensure that I travel along with my spouse and also the SOWP not get rejected?

I work at Wipro as an IT admin and is my only employer. Would be immensely helpful if one of you could assist

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I applied together with my spouse and my sp was approved and his owp was refused. We showed strong ties to home with family and work and 40,000CAD in funds. It is advised that you apply for the sowp after your spouse is already enrolled and you can show proof of her already attending. The international student society said they see a lot of rejections based on travel history, so you have a better chance if you've traveled to the US or Europe in the past and can show proof. OWP is not guaranteed, so best to plan what next if it doesn't happen.

Hello All.

I have a query and hope one of you can assist

My spouse in interested to study a PGD in IT (she is a Master of science in IT degree holder in Indian) in an university in Canada and I too want to accompany her along. We met few consultants where some are telling to file the student visa first and once the student visa is approved, I can file the SOWP. I mean, I want to accompany her along and is there a way to do that.

I can prove my ties to the nation that I have a single mother in India ->My Employer will hire me once I'm back -> Also, I can demonstrate that my spouse will need my company to aid her in assisting in her college studies, be a moral and financial support to her due to the Covid crisis and all.
Also, I can show up to 8000 CAD in my account (after my spouse's college fees and her GIC amount).

So can one of you let me know the documents needed, Financial requirements and other best practices to ensure that I travel along with my spouse and also the SOWP not get rejected?

I work at Wipro as an IT admin and is my only employer. Would be immensely helpful if one of you could assist

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC

Biometrics updated feb 6
Medical passed feb 12

Did you get a reply?
I applied for my wife's sowp on 21 Feb paper based application. No updates yet.