+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

Hr9988

Mar 26, 2018
Can I apply for open work permit if spouse is on pgwp nd what documents are required for OWP???

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hello,
Thank you for your response.
I have few questions:
1) my visit visa was rejected last year with a reason of Country ties. How should I address this?
2) i have started app and it is showing open work permit outside canada. I thought it will show spousal open work permit . Is it same?
Thanksss

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Thank you for your response.
I have few questions:
1) my visit visa was rejected last year with a reason of Country ties. How should I address this?
2) i have started app and it is showing open work permit outside canada. I thought it will show spousal open work permit . Is it same?
Thanksss
1. you must say that you have a previous visa refusal. You were refused because you wanted to remain in Canada and not be a temporary visitor.
2. Yes OWP is the same thing as SOWP. It is incorrectly referred to as SOWP.

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hello.
I also applied visit visa last year so my biometrics are done. I have started a new application and biometric data is not there yet. Will it come after submission?

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
Hello.
I also applied visit visa last year so my biometrics are done. I have started a new application and biometric data is not there yet. Will it come after submission?
Yes. My profile has been updated after submission. U have to wait. Good luck

Tirana2020

Apr 3, 2020
I applied from Albania. My spouse open work permit visa was refused. But im sure that u are going to see the biometrics once u submit the application. We view the amendment in 24 h