+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE+OPEN WORK PERMIT

Bassquiat

Sep 16, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am starting with all the forms regards to the spouse sponsorship. I am filling the 5710E form (open work permit) because I will ask for the work permit as well. They ask me for my past 10 years employment background BUT there is not space enough. I need to put more information to complete my last ten years, how can I do that?

Please help and thank you in advance!

Reactions: vhst

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Hello,

Have you received any answers about this? I'm in the same boat as you!
Also, I'm wondering, if my spouse is currently in Canada do I have to apply for the Open Work Permit AND the Temporary Resident Visa... or is that unnecessary since he's on a visitor visa?

Thank you !

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Not an expert but at same stage as you guys atm...

My understanding is you add an extra blank sheet with your name and dob at the top, the relevant imm5710 form it applies to, a short explanation saying not enough room, and copy out the table entries for the ones that won't fit.

I'd sign and date it also.

@vhst no just apply for this

Hth

Will

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
@Will_PA Thanks for the quick reply! Ok, that's what we had started doing... thank for the reassurance!

Would you also happen to know, what happens if you are not granted an OWP before your tourist visa status expires? That's why we were unsure of the Temp Res. Visa.

Thank you,

Vanessa

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
I think it's called "implied status" - once you have an application in the system you can stay until it's decided. So just

caballo_rider

Sep 15, 2015
May I ask what other forms and documents besides IMM5710E are needed for the spousal open work permit? I'm looking at the checklist (IMM5556E) but it seems generic and doesn't really mention specifics for the spousal OWP. I submitted my PR application back in October and am thinking of submitting the paper OWP application to the Alberta office.

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
May I ask what other forms and documents besides IMM5710E are needed for the spousal open work permit? I'm looking at the checklist (IMM5556E) but it seems generic and doesn't really mention specifics for the spousal OWP. I submitted my PR application back in October and am thinking of submitting the paper OWP application to the Alberta office.
Honestly, I don't remember 100%... We send it to the Vegreville office mid-December and still haven't received the answer.
There was the passport + stamp of entry, the fee for OWP and WP

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the OPW normally?