+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

ac_kolk

Oct 27, 2016
H

Hi when did u apply for spouse open work permit.? I applied on December 2nd but no reply yet..
By God's grace my spouse application got approved.
My spouse had applied on 9th December and on 21st January it got approved.

Thanks,

ac_kolk

Oct 27, 2016
H

Hi when did u apply for spouse open work permit.? I applied on December 2nd but no reply yet..
So Here is my timeline.

9th December 2019 : S.O.W.P Application submission with upfront medical and Bio-metrics (Paper based application).
14th January 2020: Passed medical exam.
21st January 2020: Bio-metrics correspondence letter issued.
22nd January 2020: Application approved

Thanks

skrj

Oct 10, 2019
So Here is my timeline.

9th December 2019 : S.O.W.P Application submission with upfront medical and Bio-metrics (Paper based application).
14th January 2020: Passed medical exam.
21st January 2020: Bio-metrics correspondence letter issued.
22nd January 2020: Application approved

Thanks
Congratulations .... So is your passport is couriered? Did u check the vfs site for passport status ?

skrj

Oct 10, 2019
Hi all,
Applied SOWP paper application on dec 2nd.
Still no update. Any way to contact the ircc Banglore .?

Tayyab1

Jan 17, 2020
Hi friends can any one help me and let me know how much take time to get oproval my work visa because my consultant tell me he resubmitted all Docments in date 17.12.2019 plz any one know
This E mail coming from Canada permit. Online

Dear Tayyab Jahangir,

You are thereby informed that your Biometric, acknowledgement slip, Labor Market Impact Assessment and Medical clearance documents are to be attached to your folder on or before 20/12/2019 and as such you are to pay the mandatory fee, attach the folio number and resubmit at the migration section.
Best regards.

Vous êtes ainsi informé que vos documents biométriques, accusé de réception, évaluation de l'impact sur le marché du travail et autorisation médicale doivent être joints à votre dossier au plus tard le 20/12/2019 et à ce titre, vous devez payer les frais obligatoires, joindre le numéro de folio et soumettre à nouveau à la section de migration.

Meilleures salutations

Immigration and citizenship section

Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

HDG

Jun 10, 2014
Hi Experts,
Need your help.
I am an international student in Canada since Sep 2019 for a two year course. I am planning to apply for my wife's OWP and my 12 year old kid on a study permit (from outside Canada)

Could you be able to help me what documents are required exactly. I am asking coz after I filled the details in come to Canada tool. It does not give any information of documents required other than Passport, photos and marriage certificate.

Please help. Look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

neevmagic

Apr 11, 2019
Hello Friends,

Just to update you people, If the information below helps you then I will feel glad.

I work in Canada in a job which is "NOC Code A".
My wife applied for "Spousal Open Work Permit" from India and she received her VISA stamped passport.

Please find the timeline below.
Application Submission online: 15th DEC 2019
Medical Request Received: 16th JAN 2020
Medical Exam: 24th JAN 2020 ( Did not get time slot earlier than this in the Medical Examination Center )
Medical Passed online update: 26th JAN 2020
Passport Request: 30th JAN 2020
Passport Submitted to VAS ( VFS GLOBAL INDIA) : 31st JAN 2020
Passport Received with VISA Stamp: 4th FEB 2020
Visa Duration: Same as my work permit duration.

Proof of Relationship Document was compiled with:

· Letter of explanation
· Marriage Certificate
· Our Passports showing our same residential address
· Our Bank statements showing our same residential address ( Joint Account statements will also do )
· Wedding invitation cards and wedding photos ( Haldi, Mehendi, Sangeet, Wedding, Reception etc. Photos )
· Honeymoon trip photos
· Insurance Coverage statement representing my wife as my Dependent & Beneficiary
· Our WhatsApp chat messages, WhatsApp call records and International phone call records
· Social Media proof of our spousal relationship - Trip, Outing, Party, Celebration and with Family photos
· Social Media proof of our before marriage love relationship - Trip, Outing, Party, Celebration and with Family photos

( Credit Card or Joint Credit Card Statement showing same residential address, Auto Insurance Statement showing same residential address
Joint Utility Bill showing same residential address etc. documents will also do. )

Client Information Document was complied with:

· Letter of Explanation
· Support letter from Husband
· Passport & most recent entry stamp along with Canada VISA of Husband
· Work Permit of Canada of Husband
· Employment confirmation letter of Husband mentioning job code as "NOC CODE A" (NOC CODE 0 and NOC CODE B will also do)
· Last 3 months’ salary statements of Husband ( A must to show financial stability in Canada)
· Last years’ income tax return notice of assessments in Canada of Husband
· Bank Statements of last 12 months in Canada of Husband ( 6 months will also do )
· Proof of residence address in Canada of Husband ( Phone/Mobile Bill or Canada Credit Card Bill of a card which is being used daily in Canada.)

( The below documents prove the ties (Financial and other) back home of my wife which is important for any temporary resident VISA,
visitor, student, work )
· All degree certificates and mark sheets of my Wife
· Employment confirmation letter of my wife
· Last 12 months’ salary statements of my wife ( 6 months will also do )
· Last 4 years’ income tax deduction certificates (Form 16) of my wife
· Last 4 years’ income tax return filing acknowledgements of my wife
· Bank Statements of last 12 months of my wife ( 6 months will also do )
· Asset evaluation issued by CA for my wife

Used MS word, ADOBE Acrobat as tool to fix 4 MB online file upload option.

Questions are welcome.

EddieCrown

Nov 12, 2019
Hi.
I applied December 2019 to sponsor my wife who’s currently working in Canada. We received an email of AOR last week. We’re just wondering if someone knows when she’ll get her open work permit after receiving the AOR.
Thanks!

Dut29

Jan 16, 2020
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-12-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Passport Req..
13-01-2020
Yeah it took a while maybe because it was process along with my Husband's extension of work permit application...

upon checking on the processing time calculator, it's 6weeks for Philippines...
Hello. Can I ask on what to do to apply for spouse open work permit and student permit for children. Got my work visa. Thank u

Jugr@j

Jan 20, 2020
Can someone guide me .
My wife is regular student in canada .
After marriage we had stay of 22 days in india .due to classes she had to go back in canada .
So should i apply now for OWP or i should call her back for more stay to increase over relationship proves .

mstra

Jul 14, 2018
Hi Experts.....
For my wife SWOP & my 2 kids Study permit (10yo son & 6 yo daughter)

online application on 30 dec,
NDVO Acknowledgement letter 12 jan
2nd Acknowledgement letter 27 Jan (9am)
Medical request on 27 jan (4pm)
Medical passed on 5th feb,

after that, no update
Experts please guide how long time can take to get decision after medical and its good sign if got medical request ?

tnx.

Last edited:

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi All,

Can someone please help and advise, I applied for an open work permit basis on my wife whose session is from January 2020 to December 2022 but unfortunately I got rejection this morning. And reason was "you provided insufficient information to demonstrate that your spouse is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a at DLI in Canada."

I submitted all documents regarding my spouse education in Canada like.

Wife's Documents:
Enrollment letter from the university with DLI number
Acceptance letter
SIN Number
UCID
BCID
GIC certificate
Student Permit
Visa stamp photo

My and Daughter's Documents:
Bank Statement
Employement Letter
marriage certificate
Daughter's passport with out names on it
property valuation letter worth 1 Cr in the name of my father
few more documents..

I dont know what else i need to submit. i cant relate the rejection reason with the information already provided. i also applied a tourist visa for my daughter which was rejected basis on she'll not leave Canada after her authorized stay.

Can someone please give some expert advice for the rejection reason.
many thanks in advance.