+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Part time employment documents are not mandatory as long as she has funds to support her monthly expenses but make sure your funds are clearly visible like in deposits and fd

Gayatriiii

Oct 18, 2019
My owp was applied on September 30 2019 got medical upfront and biometrics cleared on 4th October 2019
And direct refusal October 14th 2019
reason are subscription 200(1) financial asset and status
Subscription200(1) purpose of visit
We had showed funds of 1300CAD in my husbands account there in canada
But wat we made mistake is we didn’t show any funds here back in India in my account.

Gayatriiii

Oct 18, 2019
Any one knows these two reasons
Please explain in detail should I wait and apply
Or apply right away after showing funds here back in India

Oct 14, 2019
GIC statements is the minimum guaranteed amount of 10k cad which your wife would have deposited at the time of filing her Visa if she has taken loan for study then she would not have GIC and for WhatsApp chat take screenshots of past 2 or 3 months chat history and get them printed on photo paper no matter if your marriage is 5 years old or not its mandatory nowadays and invite will be sent by your wife for calling you from India it's more like a self declaration and is attested by
There's a catch here. She has taken loan & had shown me as a sponsor, attaching my income, statements & assets. Can I use the same assets, income? Or should i deposit amounts in banks as assurances ?

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
There's a catch here. She has taken loan & had shown me as a sponsor, attaching my income, statements & assets. Can I use the same assets, income? Or should i deposit amounts in banks as assurances ?
There is no harm in showing same financials but make sure they are sound because when loan in sanctioned embassy can bank upon loan approvals in granting Visa to your wife but when it comes to you then financials should be sound so that you won't become a burden on them later on

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
My owp was applied on September 30 2019 got medical upfront and biometrics cleared on 4th October 2019
And direct refusal October 14th 2019
reason are subscription 200(1) financial asset and status
Subscription200(1) purpose of visit
We had showed funds of 1300CAD in my husbands account there in canada
But wat we made mistake is we didn’t show any funds here back in India in my account.
You clearly made a big mistake by not showing funds here , funds which your husband has is for him how can you justify your expenses, when its clearly mentioned on the cic website that for a single dependent funds should be around 10k CAD so you should have gone10 k plus here to guarantee your initial expenses and the bigger problem for you now is that you can't easily show funds after refusal because they will thoroughly scrutinize each and every financial you will show at the time of reapply

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Yes dear it will take atleast 4 months.. you need to wait patiently, I'm in the same boat.. applied on 25th of june ,& after biometric not even a signal update biometric and it still shows that "we are reviewing your application and will send you a message once final decision has been made"
So have you gotten any update? I am so curious - just hope nothing goes south..