+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

anand2019

Jul 28, 2019
Hello,

I'm a new member to this forum and I tried to get answers for below questions but I couldn't.
My wife got post graduate study permit and she will be joining the university on first week of September.
End of September, I'm going to apply for spouse open work permit and I'm currently working. Here my question is:
1. Is reference letter from my current employer mandatory?
2. If it is optional, I don't want to submit it because of following reasons. For this case, is it negatively impact Visa decision?

Reason for this question is, if I ask reference letter from my employer then I need to share the reason / purpose of letter. Eventually, my employer come to know that I may be leaving from the company any time sooner, where I'm putting my job security at risk if I didn't get a visa. It is very difficult to get this letter without resigning the job.
For current employment proof, I have salary slip which can be downloaded from employer's portal where I don't want to share details.

When I gone through some blogs, it says reference letter mandatory from express entry applications but I couldn't find any info related to SOWP.

Does anyone come across this situation? I guess this situation is more common to all.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anand

anand2019

Jul 28, 2019
Hello,

I'm a new member to this forum and I tried to get answers for below questions but I couldn't.
My wife got post graduate study permit and she will be joining the university on first week of September.
End of September, I'm going to apply for spouse open work permit and I'm currently working. Here my question is:
1. Is reference letter from my current employer mandatory?
2. If it is optional, I don't want to submit it because of following reasons. For this case, is it negatively impact Visa decision?

Reason for this question is, if I ask reference letter from my employer then I need to share the reason / purpose of letter. Eventually, my employer come to know that I may be leaving from the company any time sooner, where I'm putting my job security at risk if I didn't get a visa. It is very difficult to get this letter without resigning the job.
For current employment proof, I have salary slip which can be downloaded from employer's portal where I don't want to share details.

When I gone through some blogs, it says reference letter mandatory from express entry applications but I couldn't find any info related to SOWP.

Does anyone come across this situation? I guess this situation is more common to all.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anand
Any help?

Mahnoor

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
I applied paper based on 8 May on 27 May medical passed but till then it is showing background checking. From pakistan processing time was 9 weeks but last week my 9 weeks got finished and now processing time is 13 weeks.. still no update on application
did you got any update?

SOWP1923

Jul 31, 2019
Hi my husband is currently working in ontario holding work permit with LMIA his job fall under NOC category B.hence i would like to apply for SOWP i am currently in India with my kids(6yrs and 1yrs old). My visa has
1.In the form IMM1295 outside Canada whose details should i mention?
2.In the form IMM5707 family info whose name shall i mention in first row as applicant?
3.Do i need to fill out IMM5257b for myself and my two kids individually?
Please guide if anyone knows.
Thanks.

jignajoshi29

Jul 2, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for spousal open work permit for two times.

First Time (By myself from India)
18th December 2018 - Applied
30th January 2019 - Refused due to section 205(c)(ii) of the regulations
4th June 2019 - Refund 100 CAD$ from Immigration dept of Canada for previous application.

Second Time (By Agent- who is in Canada)

The application was originally submitted with my new passport with my husband's name on March 15, 2019, (Originally when my husband had Study Permit). The synopsis changed on May 01, 2019 when he got converted to Post Graduate Work permit.

The update with the employment letter and pay stubs were provided to IRCC on May 11, 2019, and since the application is under review.

But, I had neither Biometrics request nor any updates yet. Since 15th March it has been almost 4.5 month but no updates. I am not able to understand why No Biometrics request or anything?

Can we change the documents after applying online? Because he updated my husband's new work permit on 11th May 2019. So, time will be considered from 15th March 2019 or 11th May 2019?

Please guide us if anyone knows about this.

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi I applied for my spouse's OWP and got medical request today. Is there a chance of rejection for a non-medical reason?

Thank you in advance

SP920K

Jul 3, 2019
Hi I applied for my spouse's OWP and got medical request today. Is there a chance of rejection for a non-medical reason?

Thank you in advance
That means.. your application is on positive track.
On what date you applied? And paper based or online?
And your nationality pls.

sunny242728

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Indore M.P
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016 spp category
IELTS Request
upfront 6.5 overall
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront 26-07-2016
Med's Done....
passed 20-08-2016
Passport Req..
Received on 03-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-8-2016
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
That means.. your application is on positive track.
On what date you applied? And paper based or online?
And your nationality pls.
HEY DO YOU GOT ANY UPDATE YET

sunny242728

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Indore M.P
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016 spp category
IELTS Request
upfront 6.5 overall
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront 26-07-2016
Med's Done....
passed 20-08-2016
Passport Req..
Received on 03-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-8-2016
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
Anybody applied in June 2019
Nothing yet. I dnt knw how to track my application without login details. Online application
Try to link it with gc key !!!!