+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

V!D$

Jun 3, 2019
Hello Guys,
Thanks for your support and help.
My SOWP application got approved today. I applied on 5th March, 2019 within Canada.

Now I have one doubt. I have visitor visa and work permit of Canada. My consultant said that I don't need work visa stamp on my passport.
Is it require to do work visa stamping on passport?.

Thanks again for your support. I really appreciate it.

Pvrhyd

May 10, 2019
Hello Guys,
Thanks for your support and help.
My SOWP application got approved today. I applied on 5th March, 2019 within Canada.

Now I have one doubt. I have visitor visa and work permit of Canada. My consultant said that I don't need work visa stamp on my passport.
Is it require to do work visa stamping on passport?.

Thanks again for your support. I really appreciate it.
Dont need work permit stamp on passport.

gagandeep94000

Dec 5, 2018
I applied for my wife’s SOWP on 15th May with upfront medical. Do and die situation this time. Waiting for response......

Already refused with 205 C 2 even after having 6 years old marriage and all other strong circumstances. After knowing the stupid reason of refusal after MP inquiry, i am hoping for approval this time.

Pvrhyd

May 10, 2019
I applied for my wife’s SOWP on 15th May with upfront medical. Do and die situation this time. Waiting for response......

Already refused with 205 C 2 even after having 6 years old marriage and all other strong circumstances. After knowing the stupid reason of refusal after MP inquiry, i am hoping for approval this time.
Is the first time you applied from inside canada?
What is the reason for rejection first time

gagandeep94000

Dec 5, 2018
Is the first time you applied from inside canada?
What is the reason for rejection first time
Nope! My wife is in India. I applied here from Canada and got the given below reason in one day from MP.

Dear Mr. Singh,

I hope that all is well.

I spoke with the IRCC this morning and confirmed that an important issue in your wife’s application is related to your transcript. The IRCC has a transcript that you have completed one course since you have started your studies in Canada. A typical full-time course load is 4 courses. Given that the record indicates your course load is below full-time, it impacts your wife’s application because it raises the issue as to why she would need to work in Canada

Please note that the above is an important issue and that if you become a full-time student and submit the transcript, it does not automatically guarantee that your wife would be granted a work permit. The agent evaluates the full application.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

This was really nonsense , VO wasn’t aware from the education system of some colleges in Quebec where course load isn’t of 4 courses. By the way, i have applied with latest transcript now that is showing 5 course passed in 6 months. Earlier, when I applied i was in the third month of my study and at that time, i had transcript of one course only and 2nd course was in progress at that time.

Still i thank MP because me and my lawyer could never knew that this stupid reason can be the reason of refusal as we were about to reapply with same everything thinking refusal is due to luck.

PMP2

Jun 7, 2019
Hello,

My wife applied for a study permit after receiving the approval from college and i applied as well for an open work permit since i will be joining. (Both applying from outside Canada - 2 applications under one account)
Do you have any idea if the application will take the "Study permit" processing time (4 weeks) or the "Spouse Open work permit" processing time (12 weeks) that might affect the whole plan since the classes start end of August?

Thanks

Pvrhyd

May 10, 2019
Again, for inland sowp there wont be any work visa stamping on passport. We will just get work permit paper.

gaurilove

Jun 7, 2019
Applied my husband’s sowp on 6th march online from inside Canada. He received medical request on 6th June. I have question how much time it take for approval after medical.