+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Vinisha gokul

Jan 29, 2019
Hi all , I got my open work permit approved today !

But they didn’t ask me to submit passport for stamping , I applied from Canada itself .

There is no need of work permit stamping ? Any idea on this ?

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hi all , I got my open work permit approved today !

But they didn’t ask me to submit passport for stamping , I applied from Canada itself .

There is no need of work permit stamping ? Any idea on this ?
You only need Visa Stamp on your passport to enter in Canada, if you are already in Canada you don't need it, they'll send you work permit
if you go to India during your work permit then you'll need Visa stamp on your passport, you can do this online and you have to send them your passport, i think fee is $100

Can i ask when did you apply and how online or paper application?

Vinisha gokul

Jan 29, 2019
You only need Visa Stamp on your passport to enter in Canada, if you are already in Canada you don't need it, they'll send you work permit
if you go to India during your work permit then you'll need Visa stamp on your passport, you can do this online and you have to send them your passport, i think fee is $100

Can i ask when did you apply and how online or paper application?
Hi thanks for the response, I actually applied on nov 18th online.

Now i have a question , actually now I’m in USA for tourism, so when I go back to Canada will there be a problem ? Bec I have only visitor visa stamping ? Will this affect my work permit ? Any idea ?

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hi thanks for the response, I actually applied on nov 18th online.

Now i have a question , actually now I’m in USA for tourism, so when I go back to Canada will there be a problem ? Bec I have only visitor visa stamping ? Will this affect my work permit ? Any idea ?
I am not sure about this, i think they mailed your work permit to your Canadian address, so you haven't received it i guess, i think you'll be fine but confirm from somebody else too

Can you please tell me your timeline too
My brother applied last week online
did they ask you for any other documents ? or bio-metrics? medical?

Vinisha gokul

Jan 29, 2019
I am not sure about this, i think they mailed your work permit to your Canadian address, so you haven't received it i guess, i think you'll be fine but confirm from somebody else too

It took 83 days for approval

Vinisha gokul

Jan 29, 2019

No they didn’t ask me for bio metrics neither medicals

Anjus1120

Feb 1, 2019
Finally got my Visa SOWP. Applied on 7th Jan2019 with upfront medical. Applied from Networth Immigrations Ontario from Canada. Visa approved finally on 13Feb2019.

mayankk1991

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
my file is went into Review today, but the Medical has not been updated? when they usually update the medical? I have done upfront medical. Please suggest..

tariq_z

Feb 15, 2019
Hello! Can someone tell me if I need to certify my educational documents from one of the designated organisations (WES, IQAS etc)? I am applying for spouse dependent work visa and my highest level of education is bachelors. Also,assuming that certification is required then should it be done for all educational degrees i.e., o level, a level and bachelors?

Anjus1120

Feb 1, 2019
Hello! Can someone tell me if I need to certify my educational documents from one of the designated organisations (WES, IQAS etc)? I am applying for spouse dependent work visa and my highest level of education is bachelors. Also,assuming that certification is required then should it be done for all educational degrees i.e., o level, a level and bachelors?
No its not required if u r going for SOWP. In case of PR only it ll be required

tariq_z

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you. But doesn't the immigration website mention that they'll accept attested documents only. Since I'll be submitting my case in paper, then can you tell me where should I get my educational documents attested from? I did my o levels from edexcel board, a levels from cambridge board, bachelors from Pakistan...

UnitedweStand

Aug 4, 2018
India
Category........
Visa Office......
india
NOC Code......
My wife Student Visa got approved recently, I applied for SOWP on 14 Feb and today 19 Feb i received correspondence letter stating my Student Visa has been refused . I am confused i applied for Open work permit not student Visa , Is it a mistake from CIC what should i do , i have submitted Webform and have also emailed New Delhi Embassy to review my application.
Below is the letter i received.

“Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After a careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application”

Last edited:

Gurleen1009

Jan 17, 2019
Can someone please!

I am on open work permit and I recently got married in India. My spouse is in India and I want to apply for her open work permit. I am reading online and very confused which forms needs to be filled? Will it be IMM 5710, 5488 or 1295e? Please suggest if someone can send me the link I will highly appreciate it.