+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I’m an Indian citizen living in Canada on a post graduation work permit. I’m a permanent employee with a job in NOC A category (Hydrogeologist). I’m going to India in April this year to get married.
Can my wife get a work permit or a tourist visa after we get married? She will be applying from India.
Additionally, I have applied for BC PNP which I’m expecting to get it approved in February.

Thanks!

Canshasha

Jan 7, 2018
Hi,

I got PPR on 31st January and hand over passport on 2nd February. Can somebody please tell me what will VO check on my passport before affix visa stamp?

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Hii congrats

Can you help me i want to know
Your education field?
Your job field?
Your total work experience?
Your pay scale?
Plzz help me...

i got rejected ones time...reason my wife us working in skill level B from 9 Months.But officer said i m not satisfied she is skilled worker.
She completed her studies in Nursing after studies he got open work permit.
She worked 3 months as a cook in pizza store after that she got promotion and become Supervisor .
I think officer think she has not degree related to hotel management or she has no experience in this field direct she appoint supervisor.

Wht u think wht is your profile...plz help me...
Thanx
bro please tag some senior member to this mesg than surely u will reply to ur answer.

shabbarali

Aug 1, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding spousal open work permit.

I have a valid PGWP till October 2019 and I'm currently employed in a NOC A category. I am currently working as a Process Engineer for 2 months now. I want to apply for my spouse open work permit given that I meet minimum conditions that are outlined by CIC. I want to ask that what are the chances of my spouse work permit getting accepted based on information I have provided? Also what additional documents would I require to submit a strong application. Do My wife wants to come work and experience the culture of this country temporarily and will be returning back to her home country prior to her work permit expirt but what type of documentation would be required to proof this? I just want to be thorough before I apply. Any suggestions, advices and information is highly welcomed and appreciated. Thank you!!

Regards,

Android16

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
how do you apply with upfront medical??
I contacted IRCC authorized hospital and they said that i would get a letter from CIC but that would not be upfront medical.
Please let me know on how to apply for upfront medical and in that case what happens to the other form which is " request for medical" where you tick mark YES or NO

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone,
My wife works as a "verification officer" at a bank. However this is a contract based position with minimum wage (c$14 per hour). From the point of her job duties and title this is definitely a skilled position. But from the salary point, I don't know?

Do you think her employment makes me eligible to apply for a SOWP?

Thanks

Anjuzz

Dec 15, 2017
Hi guys,
I got my passport request
Timeline:
Applied on Nov 29
Medical request jan 29
Medical done Feb 3
PPR on Feb 5
For me it took 10weeks
Can any tell me the passport submission procedure and time taken for visa stamping????

Reactions: info78

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
how do you apply with upfront medical??
I contacted IRCC authorized hospital and they said that i would get a letter from CIC but that would not be upfront medical.
Please let me know on how to apply for upfront medical and in that case what happens to the other form which is " request for medical" where you tick mark YES or NO
First u do your medical from panel physicians. They will give u a paper . Information sheet. And after that . Go from your questions in cic account. When they ask u that u have ever done a medical in last 12 months, then answer yes. And after completing the all the question answer. A page will come out. Where u have to upload all your documents according to the fields

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys,
Timeline:
Applied on Nov 29
Medical request jan 29
Medical done Feb 3
PPR on Feb 5
For me it took 10weeks
Can any tell me the passport submission procedure and time taken for visa stamping????
Hi, congratulations. It hardly takes a weeks. Sometimes u will get in just three days.
When u applied online, what was the processing time at that time.

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys,
Timeline:
Applied on Nov 29
Medical request jan 29
Medical done Feb 3
PPR on Feb 5
For me it took 10weeks
You can mail to VFS or can submit it by physicaly to the VFS. With a letter( in which it is said that pls submit your passport)

Android16

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
First u do your medical from panel physicians. They will give u a paper . Information sheet. And after that . Go from your questions in cic account. When they ask u that u have ever done a medical in last 12 months, then answer yes. And after completing the all the question answer. A page will come out. Where u have to upload all your documents according to the fields
Thank you so much !
Well currently my wife's SOWP got refused since i missed out on uploading my employment letter. I sent them my employment letter via CSE but havent heard anything from them. I cant wait forever, so i guess i have to reapply. Are there any issues with taking medical upfront?

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hi guys,
Timeline:
Applied on Nov 29
Medical request jan 29
Medical done Feb 3
PPR on Feb 5
For me it took 10weeks
Hi,
Congratulations.
I have few questions, kindly reply.
1) You applied by yourself? If it was by an agent or lawyer shall I get their contact details?
2) List of the documents you were submitted?
3) How much fund balance you had shown to CIC?
4) Your file processed from Canadian Consulate - Bangalore?

My application refused 2 times already, So the 3rd time I have to be careful about all the details.

Waiting for your kind reply

Thanks & Best Regards