+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I applied for my spouse open work permit without medical on 13 dec from Canada. I am an international student at university. My husband is in India right now. I am confuse what is the processing time: Indian or Canadian? Someone gets some news who applied near to 13 dec.
Thanks
Indian processing time, because applicant is in India, and u applied for work permit outside canada

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
My wife is an international student with 6 months left on her study permit. She will extend her permit but she is currently out of Canada. I want to apply for a visa to go with her but I am wondering if it's better to apply for SOWP or TRV in our case? Does anyone know?
Let her visa extend and then after extention u should apply

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
My wife got PPR request today, But though we have applied for Open work permit, The request letter mention
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application." Hope they stamp Open work permit on this, We just submitted passport in VFS Bangalore.

Please find details of
SOWP Applied on Date: 6th Dec 2017
Applied from ( Canada or Country - outside Canada): India
Type of Application(Online/ Paper) : Online
Upfront Medical (Yes/No) : Yes
Primary Applicant Job Category : NOC - A

Canshasha

Jan 7, 2018
My wife got PPR request today, But though we have applied for Open work permit, The request letter mention
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application." Hope they stamp Open work permit on this, We just submitted passport in VFS Bangalore.

Please find details of
Hi ,

Congratulations.

Would you like to share what document you submitted please.this will help to all of us.

Thanks

ShaileshKeskar

Oct 29, 2017

Please find details of
Congrats.. i applied on 12th Dec so hoping to get it soon. Did Vfs told you the timeline to get the passport back.