+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Nadun85

Nov 28, 2017
Oh okay,
i applied 3rd November, i says same on my status as well. but for eligibility section, it says: we are reviewing your eligibility.
From which country did you apply? i applied from India.
From Colombo. some says if the medical is ok there is a higher chance of receiving visa is that true

Nadun85

Nov 28, 2017
Please let me know is there any possibility to request visit visa while processing on SOWP since that category is much faster

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
From Colombo. some says if the medical is ok there is a higher chance of receiving visa is that true
As per my under standing, if some one does not under go medical upfront and at a later date he receives a medical request then for sure, they are good chances of approval. However, in our case, they did not check our eligibility and just updated the medical passed because that was already in file, so i am not sure if that has an effect

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Please let me know is there any possibility to request visit visa while processing on SOWP since that category is much faster
You can apply for visitor visa but it is not considered a good idea while your other application is in process.
have you ever been refused a visa to Canada before? or this is your first time you have applied?

Nadun85

Nov 28, 2017
As per my under standing, if some one does not under go medical upfront and at a later date he receives a medical request then for sure, they are good chances of approval. However, in our case, they did not check our eligibility and just updated the medical passed because that was already in file, so i am not sure if that has an effect
Thank You!! it says 8 weeks to process 4 weeks to go!! lets wait hopefully!!

Nadun85

Nov 28, 2017
You can apply for visitor visa but it is not considered a good idea while your other application is in process.
have you ever been refused a visa to Canada before? or this is your first time you have applied?
This is my first time

Simar71011

Mar 21, 2017
Hi. I applied on 10th july and got medical request on 23rd nov. we are in the same boat. but my spouse got 30th nov date for medical so lets see what time ill it take. update here if you get passport request.
My spouse did her medical on 27 Nov 2017.

Bh@ut!k

Nov 4, 2017
Hi All
VISA APPROVED TODAY......:) APPLIED FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT'S SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

TIMELINE
APPLIED ON "SEPTEMBER 4" PAPER BASED FROM BANGALORE VFS
MEDICAL UPFRONT
WITH APPLICATION PASSPORT ALSO SUBMITTED
GOT PASSPORT WITH APPROVAL STAMP NOVEMBER 28

THANK YOU.......AND BEST OF LUCK

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hi All
VISA APPROVED TODAY......:) APPLIED FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT'S SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

TIMELINE
MEDICAL UPFRONT

congrats dear

Reactions: Bh@ut!k

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
congratulation,

could you plz list the all the documents that you attached.
how many funds did you spouse show in Canada?
I am planning to reapply on dec 1
got 2 refusals, one in visitor visa and second in sowp.
I am sorry, I couldn't reply to you earlier. Just to clarify I am the spouse living in Canada and I filled out the application on behalf of my spouse who is in India.

Lists of the documents:
1. Applicant's passport
2. Applicant's education and experience credentials
3. Applicant's financial credentials
4. marriage proof
5. Spouse's passport
6. Spouse's education and experience credentials
7. Spouse's work permit
8. Spouse's financial credentials
9. Proof of stay in Canada

There is no thumb rule on how many funds you show, if the spouse is earning well and can sustain his family then it is not necessary that you need a bare minimum amount in your account. Having said that, it is better if you have money and you can show it.

If you have any further questions, just pm me.

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
Hi

Congrats and Thank you for the highlights. Please can you help me in these areas:

1. I have a checklist for my husband's SOWP. Where do I attach the supporting documents?

2. I want to get a job offer letter from my company, stating they will offer him a job as soon as it gets here. Does that help? I am doing this because one of the refusal reasons are assets and finance. My husband have reasonable assets and financially okay.

3. Which forms did you fill? The one I get in the checklist is dated back to 2010 including the family information.

Note: We had 2 previous refusals (Open work permit based on my study permit and visitor visa for my graduation.)
Now I am on PGWP and I have a Noc B Job. My permit is valid till Nov 2020.
Hi,
Sorry for a delayed response.

1. All the supporting and required docs should be combined into a single pdf that is less than 4 MB. and it should be attached at the other documents tab.

2. An offer letter would not serve in this case as an offer letter for an OWP applicant needs to fulfil LMIA criteria. Since he is applying on the basis of your status in Canada he does not even need an offer letter. Now, if you feel that current assets can be detrimental in your case then I would suggest you to provide enough financial info for yourself and your husband in regards to current account/savings account/FD/property/LICs both in Canada and in India.

3. Forms:
> Application of Work permit made out of Canada IMM1295
> Family Information IMM5707

If you have any specific question, please pm me.

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi All

TIMELINE
MEDICAL UPFRONT

When are u planning to leave, and have u enquried about the documents we need to carry for immigration.