+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
I've read it almost everywhere now that CIC will contact you if they need any other supporting docs. But can someone share instances when CIC has not directly refused the application but actually asked for additional proof for marriage / travel history / finances.

Reactions: info78

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
We applied gor Sowp in dec 2015. We had attached a lot of supporting documents. Our lawyer gave us a huge list. The application was approved in Jan 2016.

It all depends from officer to officer. Some may satisfy by just the marriage certificate whereas others may refuse the application based on insufficient proof or "marriage not genuine".

Based on my experience it doesnt harm to attach the supporting docs. You can also raise acase specific inquiry and can include a pdf of all the supporting docs if you would like.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Info78,

What are you planning to do now? Will you apply again? Don’t give up, please
Hi,
I will not apply Either SOWP or Visitor Visa again, because 2 time refusal is not a good thing. I accepted the reality.
My refusal reason is LMIA - Why should i have to submit LMIA? It is a SOWP
And My wife is a PNP Holder.
So I just give up.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hi Guys,
I applied for an SOWP on behalf of my spouse. The application was online and my spouse is in Delhi.
My question is directed towards anyone who has applied for SOWP with the other spouse in Canada holding a PGWP and working under NOC Category 0/A/B.
Can you please tell me that after you apply for SOWP with just a marriage certificate as a proof of marriage, does CIC asks for additional documents (such as photos / ids) to support your marriage or they directly reject the application on the grounds of insufficient proof of marriage?

Appreciate your response.
Hi,
Just marriage certificate is not enough. It is mainly depend on the officer.
But mostly CIC will ask you to submit marriage photos and conversation history. Eg.Skype, Whatsapp, Email, Telephone calls and so on.
So use the time now and start to prepare everything. use the time now. If you need any guidance just ask me.
From my previous experience.

Last edited:

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Just marriage certificate
Hi,
But mostly CIC will ask you to submit marriage photos and conversation history. Eg.Skype, Whatsapp, Email, Telephone calls and so on.
So use the time now and start to prepare everything. use the time now. Abu Dhabi embassy will definitely ask you. If you need any guidance just ask me.

Last edited:

info78

Oct 3, 2017
hi all,
regarding the proofs of marital status I only sent marriage certificate. Been waiting for 4 months now without any news.
that's quite something we are living all together on this forum, being away from the ones we want to be with. And the only reason we do that is because we want to immigrate in a new country we place hope in; I wish the government would treat us with the same consideration... but anyway, In the end mostly all this applications succeed, we just have to keep hope and patience this is the only key here
Hi,
So use the time now and start to prepare everything. use the time now. If you need any guidance just ask me.

Last edited:

info78

Oct 3, 2017
We applied gor Sowp in dec 2015. We had attached a lot of supporting documents. Our lawyer gave us a huge list. The application was approved in Jan 2016.

It all depends from officer to officer. Some may satisfy by just the marriage certificate whereas others may refuse the application based on insufficient proof or "marriage not genuine".

Based on my experience it doesnt harm to attach the supporting docs. You can also raise acase specific inquiry and can include a pdf of all the supporting docs if you would like.
Hi,

I have few doubts, could you please help me to clear it?

SOWP Application No.01 Timeline

Applied On - 27/02/2017
Type of Application - Online
Visa Application Center - Canada Embassy Abu Dhabi
Status as on 05/05/2017 - Refused Application

Reasons for Refusal

1) You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process

2) I am not satisfied that your spouse is genuinely and substantially employed in a NOC 0 A or B occupation, therefore I am not satisfied that you are eligible for an open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker.

After that I applied again.

SOWP Application No.02 Timeline

Applied On - 27/05/2017
Status as on 07/11/2017 - Refused Application
Reasons for Refusal - Same as First time.

Both of my application rejected by same embassy beause of same reasons.

I applied for SOWP, then why I have to submit an LMIA?
My Wife is a PNP Holder And She is working as a Retaler Supervisor - NOC B, we have submitted all the documents. But Embassy is not accepting.
For the second application we attached our PNP Certificate also. still refusal
I will not apply again either SOWP or Visitor Visa again. Because I afraid about another refusal again.
But what are the options I have now?
Could you please help me to clear it?

Thanks & Best Regards

Last edited:

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hi Seniors & Other Applicants,

Applied On - 27/02/2017
Status as on 05/05/2017 - Refusal Application

Reasons for Refusal

1) You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process

2) I am not satisfied that your spouse is genuinely and substantially employed in a NOC 0 A or B occupation, therefore I am not satisfied that you are eligible for an open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker.

Applied On - 27/05/2017
Status as on 07/11/2017 - Refusal Application

My Wife is a PNP Holder And She is working as a Retaler Supervisor - NOC B, we have submitted all the documents. But Embassy is not accepting.
I will not apply again either SOWP or Visitor Visa again. Because I afraid about another refusal again.

I hope someone can help me or advise me.

Thanks & Best Regards

Last edited:

Josh k

Oct 19, 2017
Hi All,
I want to apply for SOWP category from inside Canada,Recently I got TRV approved from India. so planning to visit Canada and apply for SOWP category. earlier i was rejected twice for SOWP category when my wife was a student.Now as she has completed her course and applied for Post graduation work permit.I work as IT consultant in India.can submit all the paperwork that's required for processing.

she works as part timer for an reputed IT consultancy ,her occupation comes under NOC "B" category.I have few queries
1- Can I apply for SOWP cateogry as my wife is not in a full-time position.Does if effect?(She recently applied for PG work permit, it is under process so practically she does not want to do a full time job unless she gets her work permit copy)
2- Are there any limitations on salary for NOC "B" as she hardly earns $900 per month.
please need your valuable suggestions as I am having a tough time away from my wife from past 2 years.
Thanks

Antoshka

May 14, 2017

Applied On - 27/02/2017

Reasons for Refusal

Applied On - 27/05/2017

Thanks & Best Regards
Info78,

I would suggest you send a letter to reconsider your case. I read in this forum, I don’t remember which thread exactly, that people did that and got approved. Just don’t give up, especially with this visa office, fight with them if they are wrong

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016

Applied On - 27/02/2017

Reasons for Refusal

Applied On - 27/05/2017

Thanks & Best Regards
Hi,
Does ur wife's position fall under NOC 0/A/B??
Sometimes wen ur wife's job title doesn't match with the titles mentioned in cic for the particular NOC , there can be confusions

Reactions: info78 and Antoshka