Dec 19, 2016
Finally. My wife got approved today!!

Timeline:

Application: 1st April
Biometrics: 3rd April
Medical call: 23rd August
Medical pass: 27th August
Passport request and status changed to approved: 30th August

So much patience but got the end result. Best of luck to everyone out there!!
Hi, I would like your comments on this. I ve applied for Spousal Open work permit from India by July'17. My spouse is in Canada on Post Graduate work permit that expires in 2020. I was working and I resigned in Jan'17 and haven't been doing anything since then.so I was a homemaker when I applied for the visa. Does it reduce my chances of visa approval? But I ve shown enough funds in my Indian account despite my husband's salary being more than sufficient to sponsor me. Looking forward for your views.

Savan55

Aug 30, 2017
Hi, I would like your comments on this. I ve applied for Spousal Open work permit from India by July'17. My spouse is in Canada on Post Graduate work permit that expires in 2020. I was working and I resigned in Jan'17 and haven't been doing anything since then.so I was a homemaker when I applied for the visa. Does it reduce my chances of visa approval? But I ve shown enough funds in my Indian account despite my husband's salary being more than sufficient to sponsor me. Looking forward for your views.
It won't affect with your current job status. It all will depends on your husband's job and salary. So no need to worry about that.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi. Thank you for your question. For SWOP visa, your spouse who is residing in Canada right now needs to qualify with the level of job he has. It does not have any impact on your job or your studies.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hey everyone

I probably have one final question.

Final decision said approved on the 30th of August and passport was sent on the same day. My Cic says the application has been approved as of yesterday with a valid document no as well. Now, will my wife get any confirmation letter in my Cic or will she get it when she gets her passport back? Let me know please.

thank you

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi. Thank you for your question. For SWOP visa, your spouse who is residing in Canada right now needs to qualify with the level of job he has. It does not have any impact on your job or your studies.
Thanks for your reply... What led me to this confusion was I heard from someone that if the primary applicant doesn't hold a job , then the VO may consider that the applicant is unstable and the chances for not leaving Canada after the entended stay is higher..
U ve given me some hope.. thank you so much

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply... What led me to this confusion was I heard from someone that if the primary applicant doesn't hold a job , then the VO may consider that the applicant is unstable and the chances for not leaving Canada after the entended stay is higher..
U ve given me some hope.. thank you so much
No problem. For example, during the time of my application, my wife just finished school and was working part time. She left it during the application processing time but then again it does not matter at all.

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
No problem. For example, during the time of my application, my wife just finished school and was working part time. She left it during the application processing time but then again it does not matter at all.
Okay so I have chances

DANIEL1031

Sep 9, 2013
Hello please can you help
Me guys I submitted the application for my wife open work permit in the vfs Philippines on august 25 2017 . How many days or week I will recieve the medical request? I apply in person or paper based application

DANIEL1031

Sep 9, 2013
I'm skilled or line cook here in Alberta I'm
Eligible to apply my spouse a open work permit I'm only 3 months working here in canada

DANIEL1031

Sep 9, 2013
Please help I'm so worried I'm working here in Alberta for 3 months I'm a line cook in close work permit . I decided to apply my wife or spouse open work permit into vfs Philippines, we submitted the paper application on august 25 2017 but until we haven't recieve any medical request.
Question below:

1. I'm eligible to apply her open spousal work permit?

2. How many days I will recieve the medical request?

3. How long is the process in the Philippines?

Please help me.
Thank you in advanced.

Garv83

Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys
I am new here and my situation is that my wife has just recently started her course on study permit in Ontario and now I am planning with my dependent son to join her
I read about OWP but can someone advice if I should apply in India or inside canada and also from where I can get the check list and forms to submit
Is paper application better or online application
Pls help ?