+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Sarah2017

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
When did you apply? I applied on June 21st.. Medicals passed. No update
Hello .. I applied inside Canada on MAY 24 there is no update on my application at all !! Is it normal?? How long should it take ??
My husband has a student permit it is valid until March 18th we plan to extend it after i got my sopw but it's taking longer and longer every week !!!!

sotho

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Sotho,

It sounds very positive!

I have a quick question for you: how long did it take before you were able to link your application online? Did you receive any email from CIC before you linked your application? My wife applied on June 20th via VFS, we have not received any updates from CIC nor are we able to link the application online.
Hi,

It took me a month to link the application online. No, I had not received any email from CIC before linking application online. About linking paper application, yes for me it took a month, I would suggest try filling in the information with only mandatory fields and/or with different combinations. Try putting space in State and all.

Thanks.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hello,
Has anyone applied for SOWP online inside Canada and got approved?
Please share your timeline and what is the spouse status?!!

ALSO why did the potime gitting longer and longer!!
my spouse applied for SOWP july 9th. we are still waiting. he already had a SOWP as i was a student.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Hi,

It took me a month to link the application online. No, I had not received any email from CIC before linking application online. About linking paper application, yes for me it took a month, I would suggest try filling in the information with only mandatory fields and/or with different combinations. Try putting space in State and all.

Thanks.
Thanks! I guess I have to keep trying.

Reactions: sotho

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Do you guys think the processing time will increase in AUG ?? or it would be faster???
I wish it should be faster...
No one is receiving anything completely silent

Driti

Sep 19, 2014
Yesterday, my application was refused on the grounds that: “You did not provide sufficient documentation to demonstrate your financial, professional, personal ties to home country. Insufficient documentation to demonstrate that your spouse is enrolled full-time studies.”.

I think that I have provide and upload all document required from me during application: Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada; Family Information Form; Passport; Digital photo and Proof of Relationship. There was no other document required or information or explanations required from me.

However, are there more detailed or specific information about other documentation should I provide to meet the requirements, when I reapply.

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Do you guys think the processing time will increase in AUG ?? or it would be faster???
I wish it should be faster...
No one is receiving anything fu silent
Yesterday, my application was refused on the grounds that: “You did not provide sufficient documentation to demonstrate your financial, professional, personal ties to home country. Insufficient documentation to demonstrate that your spouse is enrolled full-time studies.”.

I think that I have provide and upload all document required from me during application: Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada; Family Information Form; Passport; Digital photo and Proof of Relationship. There was no other document required or information or explanations required from me.

However, are there more detailed or specific information about other documentation should I provide to meet the requirements, when I reapply.
when did u applied?
Online or paper?

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018

what did you provide to show that your spouse is enrolled full-time in school? did you provide any other documents with your application besides what you stated above?