+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Suman Bharadwaj

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hi All,

Below is my Timeline for SOWP. I applied through a representative. Processed at New Delhi, India.

Applied online - 4th May 2017
Application No. received - 5th May 2017
Medical Request - 5th June 2017
Medical Done - 6th June 2017
Medical Passed - 13th June 2017
Passport Req - 16th June 2017
Passport Submission - 19th June 2017
Passport Reached Canada Visa Office - 20th June 2017
Online account updated as "Approved" - 21st June 2017
Passport dispatched- 21st June 2017
Stamped Passport received - 22nd June 2017

Hey, Mine is same as yours. But i got my online account updated as "approval" first and then they asked me to send passport.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
guys, i am A PR HOLDER and have applied for spousal SPONSORSHIP for my husband, can i still apply for Open work permit for him .. has any one done that, he lives outside canada.

thanks
:)
I think you can, your husband does not need to wait for the approval of his PR. The new rule allows him to apply for work permit. You may want to do some check on the CIC websit for details.

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Can someone tell me how to contact new delhi office to confirm the status of my spouse as no refused letter is issued til date and it said refused more than 15 days ago 0n jun 6, 2017?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
guys, i am A PR HOLDER and have applied for spousal SPONSORSHIP for my husband, can i still apply for Open work permit for him .. has any one done that, he lives outside canada.

thanks
:)
no he can't. he has to have a valid status in canada for you to apply an open work permit WITH your spousal sponsorship. outland sponsorships are not eligible for owp.

Reynu

Jun 15, 2017
Here my SOWP Timeline:
Applied on April 5/17 online application
On June 3 received medical request
June 5 medical done
June 14 passed medical
June 21 received passport request
June 21 passport submitted to Chandigarh vfs.
Now waiting to get back visa stamped passport.
Thanks to all. Good luck everyone

JAISANKAR

Apr 25, 2017
Hi I have filed student visa for my wife and dependent(open work permit) for myself on 19th of June 2017 at banglore VFS.
We both are working in Infosys Mysore for last 4.5 years. She is a CS Engineer and my self from mechanical background.
Classes are starting on 5th of sept 2017

Applied course name: Information technology solutions(Humber College)
Duration : 2 Years

Docs
  • Employment proof for both submitted:
  • 10th and 12th educational certificates(She have more than 90 percent in all subjects)
  • Engineering Educational certificates for both(CGPA 8 for wife and 6.7 for me(no backlogs))
  • Humber College Offer letter
  • GIC and 1st sem fees paid
  • medical proofs
  • 30000 CAD including GIC in account(20000 in my accnt and 10000 in GIC)
  • Asset doc of land in my mothers name(500000 CAD) and affidavit showing she is ready to support us with it.
  • marriage fotos
  • marriage certificatecard
  • Invitation
  • COVER LETTER
  • Relationship declaration letter (from my side)

What is the probability of getting approval?
Will we get both together?
Is there a chance of approving student visa and rejecting the dependent visa?
How long it will take to process?

Someone please help me on this...

Last edited:

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
her husband lives outside canada therefore they will be applying for an outland sponsorship. to be eligible for OWP, your spouse should be living with you in canada in the same address with a valid immigration status AND you must apply PR sponsorship from inside canada. it's called applying under spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC) they started this pilot program way before 2016, i think 2014-ish.

Last edited:

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
her husband lives outside canada therefore they will be applying for an outland sponsorship. to be eligible for OWP, your spouse should be living with you in canada in the same address with a valid immigration status AND you must apply PR sponsorship from inside canada. it's called applying under spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC) they started this pilot program way before 2016, i think 2014-ish.
Ahhh right! Just read the details the on CIC website.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
LINKING PAPER APPLICATON TO MYCIC

Hey all,
My wife submitted paper application on June 20, 2017 from VSF Delhi.
I tried to link her application on MyCIC, but the application cannot be found. When I check the status of the application on VSF website, it says: "...is being processed at the Canada Visa Office."

Does anyone know how long it takes for a paper based application to be visible online?

Thanks

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
LINKING PAPER APPLICATON TO MYCIC

Hey all,
My wife submitted paper application on June 20, 2017 from VSF Delhi.
I tried to link her application on MyCIC, but the application cannot be found. When I check the status of the application on VSF website, it says: "...is being processed at the Canada Visa Office."

Does anyone know how long it takes for a paper based application to be visible online?

Thanks

Search it with less information, if you fill all the columns, you wont be able to find that. So fill the mandatory fields only.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Search it with less information, if you fill all the columns, you wont be able to find that. So fill the mandatory fields only.
I filled only the mandatory fields, but still can't find the application online. How long does it take for a paper application to be visible online?