Spouse Open Work permit

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Maybe I am wrong, but CIC website says otherwise.

Information as given on cic website, see below:

For tremporary residents (visitors, sudents, and workers), up-front medical examination can be done before submitting the application; a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form will be given by doctor. See "Get your exam befor your submit your application" section in the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

Applications for Permanent Residency (spousal sponsorship program) do not need up-front medial, which came into effect on December 15, 2016 (as you noted). See, Get your exam before your submit your application" section link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Yes. I gave same reference to them. But they said it is an update which have been included online. You can try your best. I tried a confrontation with them. But I couldn't do mor than that.

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks for the reply but i think we can still upload the docs even-after submitting the application by using below link : -
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Bangalore&_ga=2.203805584.1258006379.1495887604-821376791.1457270809
Correct me , if i am wrong.
Yes. You can use CSE for documents. As you are bound to notify CIC about any changes you come across after you submit the application. I submitted a document through CSE and I received and email stating that it has been included in my application package on heir system.

Reactions: chandankumar

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
My bro applied for spouse wp for his wife on may 06, 2017 (paper based at New delhi), She got med request.
I am waiting on my husband's application applied on April 25, online. I wish i had applied paper based too.
Approval has nothing to do with the application type. It doesn't make any difference whether you make a online application or offline. It all depends on profiles and individual applications. Sometime application is delayed because of the any verification issue embassy can have on any of document in your application. So don't worry and stay positive, you will hear soon.
Thanks for the reply, asdfgh123.

Information as given on cic website, see below:

For tremporary residents (visitors, sudents, and workers), up-front medical examination can be done before submitting the application; a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form will be given by doctor. See "Get your exam befor your submit your application" section in the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

Applications for Permanent Residency (spousal sponsorship program) do not need up-front medial, which came into effect on December 15, 2016 (as you noted). See, Get your exam before your submit your application" section link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

SOWP would fall under the temporary residency application, right? So up-front medical should be allowed or maybe I am wrong.

I have sent an email to Max Hospital and VSF for clarification, and I will call cic, but in the end the medical examiners would have to agree.

Hi there,
Kindly have detailed look on same, IRCC have provided clear instructions for Medical Examination in New package of application. Upfront medicals were accepted last by January 31, 2017. After that cic have made it mandatory to apply with new application package which don't include upfront medicals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Once-A-Marketer

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Thanks for the reply but i think we can still upload the docs even-after submitting the application by using below link : -
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Bangalore&_ga=2.203805584.1258006379.1495887604-821376791.1457270809
Correct me , if i am wrong.
Hi there.
That link is to provide documents regarding any change in application or addition of any new information which is crucial for the application. You are not supposed to use it to provide supportive docs like Study Permit, SIN no. for your wife etc.

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Any update for March applicants????????????

aman89

Feb 12, 2017
Visa Approved, 15 minute interview today!
Questions about who all attended the wedding, number of people, show pictures, work permit, letter from spouse's employer - stating NOC code and job description.
General marriage circumstances.

Best of luck to all!

sehgalnitish1988

Feb 15, 2016
Visa Approved, 15 minute interview today!
Questions about who all attended the wedding, number of people, show pictures, work permit, letter from spouse's employer - stating NOC code and job description.
General marriage circumstances.

Best of luck to all!
can you plz share the timeline

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
My bro applied for spouse wp for his wife on may 06, 2017 (paper based at New delhi), She got med request.
I am waiting on my husband's application applied on April 25, online. I wish i had applied paper based too.
Hi was your application online ?

rahman2

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
12th week and no update yet :( Anyone getting VISA this week ?
Applied online for my PGWP extension and my wife's SOWP together on march 14,2017.
They approved my application but no update yet about my wife's application :(

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
Approval has nothing to do with the application type. It doesn't make any difference whether you make a online application or offline. It all depends on profiles and individual applications. Sometime application is delayed because of the any verification issue embassy can have on any of document in your application. So don't worry and stay positive, you will hear soon.

Hi
Application TYPE totally matters btw! The processing times for both are different!

Reactions: chandankumar

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
my company : applied for work permit extension and for my spouse applied for visitor record extension, My wife had open work permit and its going to expire. can i now apply for my spouse open work permit extension ???
if yes - i have below questions
when applying i need to attach my work permit doc - what to apply?
in letter of explanation what documents to attach.?
if CIC takes my wife application first and can reject since MY (husband) wp is not extended or available.?