NA
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Inland Application
I am confused about up-front medical.

On the cic website, it's written that a medical examination can be done before submitting the application; a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form will be given by doctor, which is atrached to the application. My wife called Max Hospital from where she will doing the medical examination and they told her that up-fornt medical is not done anymore.

We were planning to do the medical along with the application so that she does not have to visit Delhi just for the medical later.

Has anyone done this recently?
Yes I did upfront medicals.

shinovjohnson

May 26, 2017
Hi Guys,

Need help from you Seniors!

My wife completed her PG in Sep 2016 and having PGWP now. She is an employee of a firm in Toronto, but she is currently working as a consultant for a firm in Mont Real as an outsourced employee(This is stated in her employment reference letter). Now I would like to apply for SOWP. For that shall we apply for the common SOWP? Or should I apply under any other program for getting Open work permit to move to Mont Real?

Thanks in Advance!!

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes

On the cic website, it's written that a medical examination can be done before submitting the application; a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form will be given by doctor, which is atrached to the application. My wife called Max Hospital from where she will doing the medical examination and they told her that up-fornt medical is not done anymore.

We were planning to do the medical along with the application so that she does not have to visit Delhi just for the medical later.

Same situation I had. Apollo and one more hospital which are authorised to perform and examination simply denied for upfront medical. So, I submitted the application without it.

Online Application date : March 15, 2017
Without upfront medical.
Visa office: New Delhi.
Email and call notification for an interview: May 25, 2017.
Interview Date: June 1, 2017.

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,
I have crossed my 11th week today , just wanted to know .. when i applied my wife was here in India but now she is there in Canada ,.. should i attach her Student permit , SIN etc ? If yes please guide me how to do that ?
As I understand, you might have applied for SOWP along with your wife's study permit application. If that is the case, you should submit copy of study permit to CIC's respective visa office. your wife has changed the program or the college after coming to Canada, I suggest to update her GC Key profile first and let CIC know about this change before you do anything. If your visa office is New Delhi, use the following link. It will take you straight to the CSE of New Delhi Visa Office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New Delhi

For other office, see this link and click on "Tell us more", pick your visa office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

amanxdeep

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hello everyone !
I am here in Canada working as Supervisor and my wife in India. My file is under process for PR and I applied her work permit on April 27, 2017. Whats the average time these days for New Delhi office?

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
My bro applied for spouse wp for his wife on may 06, 2017 (paper based at New delhi), She got med request.
I am waiting on my husband's application applied on April 25, online. I wish i had applied paper based too.

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi All,
I have crossed my 11th week today , just wanted to know .. when i applied my wife was here in India but now she is there in Canada ,.. should i attach her Student permit , SIN etc ? If yes please guide me how to do that ?
Hi,
you can not attach any docs once the application is submitted except the case where cic ask you for anything. So stay positive and you will hear soon.

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016

Upfront medicals are no more accepted for SOWP from Dec 2016 onwards. You have to first submit the application and cic will ask for medicals once your application reach a stage where they are satisfied with all docs and about to approve your application. In all the cases I know so far, if they call for medicals, you are almost approved.

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hello everyone !
I am here in Canada working as Supervisor and my wife in India. My file is under process for PR and I applied her work permit on April 27, 2017. Whats the average time these days for New Delhi office?
Applications from march 2017 are processed these days, So yours will take some time looking at the processing speed these days. Additionally, I might be completely wrong but you may face some difficulties as your file for PR is already in system and you are applying for SOWP in parallel to that.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Same situation I had. Apollo and one more hospital which are authorised to perform and examination simply denied for upfront medical. So, I submitted the application without it.

Without upfront medical.
It's clearly written on CIC website that people applying for work permit can do up-front medicals. But applicants who are being sponsores will have to wiat for further instructions for medical exami ation. Medical institutions conducting these medical examinationa should be aware of all the changes. Frustrating.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
As I understand, you might have applied for SOWP along with your wife's study permit application. If that is the case, you should submit copy of study permit to CIC's respective visa office. your wife has changed the program or the college after coming to Canada, I suggest to update her GC Key profile first and let CIC know about this change before you do anything. If your visa office is New Delhi, use the following link. It will take you straight to the CSE of New Delhi Visa Office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New Delhi

For other office, see this link and click on "Tell us more", pick your visa office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Thanks for the suggestion , i will wait 2-3 days more and then i will raise the concern by using the link you provided.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Upfront medicals are no more accepted for SOWP from Dec 2016 onwards. You have to first submit the application and cic will ask for medicals once your application reach a stage where they are satisfied with all docs and about to approve your application. In all the cases I know so far, if they call for medicals, you are almost approved.
Thanks for the reply, asdfgh123.

Information as given on cic website, see below:

For tremporary residents (visitors, sudents, and workers), up-front medical examination can be done before submitting the application; a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form will be given by doctor. See "Get your exam befor your submit your application" section in the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

Applications for Permanent Residency (spousal sponsorship program) do not need up-front medial, which came into effect on December 15, 2016 (as you noted). See, Get your exam before your submit your application" section link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

SOWP would fall under the temporary residency application, right? So up-front medical should be allowed or maybe I am wrong.

I have sent an email to Max Hospital and VSF for clarification, and I will call cic, but in the end the medical examiners would have to agree.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017

Without upfront medical.
Maybe I am wrong, but CIC website says otherwise.

Information as given on cic website, see below:

For tremporary residents (visitors, sudents, and workers), up-front medical examination can be done before submitting the application; a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form will be given by doctor. See "Get your exam befor your submit your application" section in the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

Applications for Permanent Residency (spousal sponsorship program) do not need up-front medial, which came into effect on December 15, 2016 (as you noted). See, Get your exam before your submit your application" section link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

amanxdeep

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Applications from march 2017 are processed these days, So yours will take some time looking at the processing speed these days. Additionally, I might be completely wrong but you may face some difficulties as your file for PR is already in system and you are applying for SOWP in parallel to that.
I already have work permit until 2018. The work permit is for my wife and I also included her in my applicatin