SOWP timeline below:

February 9 - Applied Online
May 8 - Medical Request
May 10 - Medical Done
May 11 - Medical Submitted
May 15 - Medical Passed & Passport Request
May 16 - Passport Submitted
May 18 - CIC status changed to Approved
May 25 - Received Passport with stamped visa!

Goodluck All !!

A14altimate

May 23, 2017
Congrats. Can you please share the documents you submitted at the point of applying?
SOWP timeline below:

February 9 - Applied Online
May 8 - Medical Request
May 10 - Medical Done
May 11 - Medical Submitted
May 15 - Medical Passed & Passport Request
May 16 - Passport Submitted
May 18 - CIC status changed to Approved
May 25 - Received Passport with stamped visa!

Goodluck All !!

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
No update still waiting
I applied on march 18th online with up front medicals
And did any march applicant got ppr request pls update here
Hey bro did you get your passport request ?

koolbnda

May 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello..
I am confused which one to fill for family information?
IMM5707 or IMM5645 ?
my spouse is from india and applying for Spouse open work permit.

can anyone answer?

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview over.
They asked questions about when we met each other first, why marry this person, why do you want to go to Canada, your recent fights etc.
Went through a few pictures. did not ask for marriage certificates.
Then about spouse's daily routine, job, job description.
End result: they're happy with proof of marriage, that part is over. Now they need spouse to send a letter from employer specifically stating the duties the job entails.
Offer letter with just title of job didn't suffice. they want to confirm its a skilled job. Fair enough.
Hadn't done premedical. So have to do that as well. They assured the remaining processes would go fast enough.
VO was Canadian. Very courteous.

So right now I have to submit job description document and medical. In cic account, they've updated the status and have asked for both of this. But, there is only one slot open to upload documents, and that is for 'Description of Duties'.
I've a doubt. Aren't we also supposed to upload the acknowledgement we get after undergoing medical? If so, how should I upload it? Is it ok to merge my job document along with medical receipt?
Or since most hospitals now do eMedical are we not required to upload the acknowledgement?
Kindly provide your thoughts. Thanks.

Hi Paul,

I think I am in the exact boat you were in a few weeks ago.

Just today, my wife got a call from CIC New Delhi to appear for an interview next week. They have also asked to get some specific documents which they already have since the beginning. I think they just want to verify before putting up the medical request. Happy to see that the things are moving.

"Please bring all relevant supporting documents with you including your marriage albums, your financial documents i.e. your pay slips and income tax returns"

Let's see.

mananpatel

Feb 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario. Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone! As per the current latest trend, mostly everyone got interview request.?
Just today, my wife got a call from CIC New Delhi to appear for an interview next week. They have also asked to get some specific documents which they already have since the beginning. I think they just want to verify before putting up the medical request. Happy to see that the things are moving.

"Please bring all relevant supporting documents with you including your marriage albums, your financial documents i.e. your pay slips and income tax returns"

I saw you are done with SOWP. Did you have to go through an interview?

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Updated Version:Contain info for both PG Workers and International Students.

FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP IN FILING SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

Hi everyone,
Greetings,
I already made two posts previously, this one is updated version for those who joined later. This also contains info for PG Workers who are seeking info to file spouse open work permit.

I have seen so many of you guys are struggling to find correct information regarding the application of your spouse work permit (For full time international students/ PG Workers) but not getting the correct information on what to attach and what to avoid.
I'll try to help you out with that by sharing my experiences and knowledge on same.
I am a full time international student in Canada, came here in Sep. 2016 intake. I applied for my spouse in Oct 2016 for SOWP and got her visa in 20 days only. She joined me here in early Nov. 2016.
There are certain mistakes some of you are making while filling this visa, resulting in refusal of your application. I will try to cover all these mistakes and also will help you with correct process (as per my knowledge) and documentation.
Common mistakes made by us are:
1. Showing excessive desperation for visa.
2.Over whelming the application by attaching unnecessary documents.
3. Providing unsatisfactory explanation in Cover letter.
4. Weak demonstration of ties in home country.
5. Improper documentation.
6. Improper formatting and poor writing.
7. Unsatisfactory explanation of future plans

Coming to next section, what should we do to avoid these mistakes and file a proper visa application.
Although documents vary by application to application, but some of the docs are same and can be listed as:
For Applicant:
MOST IMPORTANT : COVER LETTER: This is the letter which will serve the purpose same as Statement of Purpose which will help visa officer to understand you profile and future plans/intentions behind the visit to Canada.
Other Docs:
1. Passport
2. Medical (if applying on pre medical basis, however you can apply on post medical basis)
3. Highest degree of education.
4. Marriage pictures
5. Employment experience letters (if any)
6. Funds in Savings

For Spouse (Already in Canada on Student visa)
1. Visa must be valid for at least 6 months from date of application.
2. College ID, Offer Letter from college, Study Permit, Student Visa, Passport
3. Savings if doing any part time job.

If Spouse is on PG Work Permit:
1. Job Joining Letter.
2. Last 3 Pay Stubs
3. Job Duties description to demonstrate NOC level.
4. Bank Statement
5. Previous Tax returns
6. Transcripts
7. Visa and Work Permit
8. Invitation letter to support application providing details of who will bear expenses etc.

These are the documents normally required to file this visa. However, some more docs may be needed in some special cases.
If you still have any doubt, or need any case specific suggestions, feel free to shoot me a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com
All the best for your visa applications.

Disclaimer: I am neither a immigration lawyer nor an agent, All the information provided is based on my own experiences. This information is for education purpose only and can not be used in any other manner whatsoever. Kindly consult an immigration lawyer for any legal advice if required.

Last edited:

atoyebitolu@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2016
Nomination.....
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront medical updated and passed dec 29
LANDED..........
Inland
Hello senior,
I've ainp nomination which I used to renew my work permit but my job is noc c which can't be used to apply for sowp.
But a friend just told me my wife can apply for sowp with my ainp nomination since she was included in the application. Pls i need you to confirm this to me and necessary docs.

Thanks

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,
I have crossed my 11th week today , just wanted to know .. when i applied my wife was here in India but now she is there in Canada ,.. should i attach her Student permit , SIN etc ? If yes please guide me how to do that ?

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Hi all and Seniors,
I have question about fee payment. There are two options for work permit fees:
  • Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155)
  • Open work permit holder fee ($100)
I am applying for my wife's SOWP next month. Which fee should I pay for SOWP?

atoyebitolu@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2016
Nomination.....
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2016
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Inland
Hello,
You need to pay 155 and 100 altogether making 255.
Anyone that's applying for open work permit must pay the open work permit fee holder of 100 in addition to the 155cad application fee.
It is only closed work permit holders that pays 155 only.

Hi all and Seniors,
I have question about fee payment. There are two options for work permit fees:
  • Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155)
  • Open work permit holder fee ($100)
I am applying for my wife's SOWP next month. Which fee should I pay for SOWP?

atoyebitolu@yahoo.com

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2016
Nomination.....
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2016
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Inland
Hello seniors,
Is it true provincial nomination can be use to apply for sowp? Especially for those in Noc C

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
I am confused about up-front medical.

On the cic website, it's written that a medical examination can be done before submitting the application; a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form will be given by doctor, which is atrached to the application. My wife called Max Hospital from where she will doing the medical examination and they told her that up-fornt medical is not done anymore.

We were planning to do the medical along with the application so that she does not have to visit Delhi just for the medical later.

Has anyone done this recently?