+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

J. Pizzle

Mar 1, 2015
Howdy, folks! Thank you all for being so helpful with this process!

I didn't see this exact scenario discussed already. Please tell me if I should put this in a new thread.

My employer filed to extend my intracompany transfer work permit yesterday. Processing time is approx. 42 days. Because my current permit will expire in 30 days, I understand I will have "implied" legal status during the gap. Since I expect my extension to be approved, I should be OK.

My wife is working under an open work permit tied to mine. She did not apply for an extension with me because my company paid a lawyer to help with my paperwork. They did not pay the lawyer extra to submit my wife's application. Also, we both applied for PR status 20 days ago.

Question: how would you recommend that my wife get a new or extended open permit? I think she can apply for an extension tied to my intracompany transfer, but all the advice is to apply at the same time. How would that work, since I already applied? Can she reference my application somehow? I think she can also apply for a Bridge Open Work Permit since we applied for PR. Which option do you think is preferable? Why?

kir1217

Jan 7, 2017
hi every one
i applied for work permit from inside canada. my husband is a full time student . my work permit got approved today through online. but i didnt receive any message abt what to do next to get work permit document.
what to do now??
thank u...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
J. Pizzle said:
Howdy, folks! Thank you all for being so helpful with this process!

I didn't see this exact scenario discussed already. Please tell me if I should put this in a new thread.

My employer filed to extend my intracompany transfer work permit yesterday. Processing time is approx. 42 days. Because my current permit will expire in 30 days, I understand I will have "implied" legal status during the gap. Since I expect my extension to be approved, I should be OK.

My wife is working under an open work permit tied to mine. She did not apply for an extension with me because my company paid a lawyer to help with my paperwork. They did not pay the lawyer extra to submit my wife's application. Also, we both applied for PR status 20 days ago.

Question: how would you recommend that my wife get a new or extended open permit? I think she can apply for an extension tied to my intracompany transfer, but all the advice is to apply at the same time. How would that work, since I already applied? Can she reference my application somehow? I think she can also apply for a Bridge Open Work Permit since we applied for PR. Which option do you think is preferable? Why?
She can submit her open work permit application online. Reference both a) Submitted PR application and b) husband's submitted extension for WP. Might be a good idea to put in letter of explanation why those weren't submitted together.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kir1217 said:
hi every one
i applied for work permit from inside canada. my husband is a full time student . my work permit got approved today through online. but i didnt receive any message abt what to do next to get work permit document.
what to do now??
thank u...
You would receive it by regular mail on the registered address that you used when applying. Please allow it some time (a week or two) to be delivered.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi fki,
Hope u r fine,
I applied swop 2nd attmpt,
From in canada thru a consultant online application,
My consultant dint gve me the login id passwrd said she eill let us knw if ders sny update
And dhe gave us the application no start from W...
Is der any other way whr i cn check the status of my application??
Plzzz help itz been a month no update

Thank you...

naveenpr

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
No update Chandan
I am waiting for your update because I have applied on march 18th

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
naveenpr said:
No update Chandan
I am waiting for your update because I have applied on march 18th
Yeh, looks like there are huge long queue thats why they changed the waiting time from 1o weeks to 11 weeks ... looks like we need to wait more more n more .... expecting in 10-11 week only :(

naveenpr

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Dear apple_user

Hope you will be getting your update by this week end..kindly keep us updated and mean while please share us your time line

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
apple_user said:
9th week is running. Still haven't heard anything
Ohh , CIC is screwing us , why don't they increase the staff members. ??? ....

Anyways if we follow the recent trends then people are getting SOWP VISA in 2 months , so looks like you are almost there .. you should get this week or next week for sure . Good Luck

hnny_123

Apr 8, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this Forum. I would like to get some suggestions from you guys

When i was on my study permit, i applied SOWP for my wife and it got rejected twice.

The reasons for rejection was Unable to satisfy the legitimacy of marriage, and another one was no previous travel history.
I got that rejection in Nov 2016.

Now i am on Open Work Permit and already applied for AINP, and my spouse name is also there in dependents.

So, My question is, once i got AINP. What are the chances of my spouse to come to canada? and what should i apply after that SOWP or Visitor Visa for my spouse?

My NOC skill is B.

Thanks

canadaohh

Apr 18, 2017
I applied for SOWP on March 30. There is no update yet. A week back I linked my paper application to my online profile. The status says I passed medical and the application is in progress and the Final decision has not been made yet.

I noticed that they take 1-week process visitor visa application. Can I apply for visitor visa online and run 2 application at the same time? If I get visitor visa, Can I withdraw SOWP?

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks.