Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Jojy Jose said:
Hi Fkl and seniors,
I am from India and my wife is Canada recently completed her studies in Nursing and got eligibility to write RN in Ontario, waiting for her PGWP for 3 years.I applied for SOWP in Oct-2015 while I was in Qatar and got rejected in May 2016 ,again we submitted an application for SOWP in Dec-2016 which too got rejected.The reason for for both rejections are below as per the GCMS notes.
GCMS 1:-
Applicant is accountant in Qatar.
am not satisfied that this move is logical. The applicant would be leaving their job in Qatar, and has not shown ties to home country, I am not satisfied that they would be likely to return to CoR at the end of the authorized stay. Refused.
GCMS 2:-
Applicant is an accountant manager in Kerala and enrolled in masters of business admin (MBA) under Venkateshware. Given the addition of the pending end to spouse's permit in 3 months, and no PGWP, I am not satisfied of the BF and concerns with the duration of stay. The applicant would be leaving their job and studies, I am not satisfied that they would be likely to return to CoR at the end of the authorized stay. Application refused.
Being refused for two times I am now scared to apply again,I humbly request you people's advice on this as my wife and me are separated for 2 years now after our marriage and now no where and no idea what to do.
Your first rejection was tied to the fact that you were leaving your job, had no ties (because you were in Qatar and would be leaving that so where would you go at the end of your stay in Canada - i.e. weak ties). Your spouse was a student so definitely no grounds for her to be able to support you.

Second time, your own status in home country looked so and so. More importantly, your spouse's SP was close to expiry and there wasn't any PGWP in hand yet. Even then, she needs a job offer + PGWP to support you.

Simply wait for your spouse to get PGWP and then a job offer, then apply. I don't see any issues then

dpbehnck

Jan 29, 2017
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-09-2021
Does anyone know if I can work in another province for a semester if my wife stays in the original place? She`s my sponsor in this case.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dpbehnck said:
Does anyone know if I can work in another province for a semester if my wife stays in the original place? She`s my sponsor in this case.
Sponsor of what? There is no sponsorship in case of work permits. Sponsorship is only for PR

It is just that being spouse of a skilled worker or a university student, one is eligible for open work permit. If that is the case, then open work permit means you can work any where in Canada.

Just make sure that your actual work permit issued at port of entry does not specify location (some CBSA officers make this mistake).

It has to say unknown / open / any where for employer and location fields.

Also do know that you might face some difficulty in establishing ties to another province i.e. if you move to a new province and get a job there, the provincial health care might ask you to PROVE your ties to province. If the work permit says employer name from the province, they don't have issues, but if its open, they would have additional requirements since they have no way of knowing if you are going to stay in that province.

You might have to buy private health care for longer time (e.g. 6 months+).

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Jojy Jose said:
Thank you fkl for your reply and will Waite til my wife gets PGWP and job offer
You are welcome and all the very best

dpbehnck

Jan 29, 2017
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-09-2021
fkl said:
Sponsor of what? There is no sponsorship in case of work permits. Sponsorship is only for PR

It is just that being spouse of a skilled worker or a university student, one is eligible for open work permit. If that is the case, then open work permit means you can work any where in Canada.

Just make sure that your actual work permit issued at port of entry does not specify location (some CBSA officers make this mistake).

It has to say unknown / open / any where for employer and location fields.

Also do know that you might face some difficulty in establishing ties to another province i.e. if you move to a new province and get a job there, the provincial health care might ask you to PROVE your ties to province. If the work permit says employer name from the province, they don't have issues, but if its open, they would have additional requirements since they have no way of knowing if you are going to stay in that province.

You might have to buy private health care for longer time (e.g. 6 months+).
First of all thanks!

Sorry for the misunderstanding... She is student. Doesn't specify any location in the WP.

The only concern I have is to get some problems because I'll not be in the same province as my wife for a while. Should I ask for the SIN in my actual province or doesn't matter?

About the health care I'm ok with that!

Thanks again!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dpbehnck said:
First of all thanks!

Sorry for the misunderstanding... She is student. Doesn't specify any location in the WP.

The only concern I have is to get some problems because I'll not be in the same province as my wife for a while. Should I ask for the SIN in my actual province or doesn't matter?

About the health care I'm ok with that!

Thanks again!
You are most welcome. You can get SIN from any where in Canada at any service Canada office.

You have to provide them with your current residential address and that's it. You can get SIN in another province and live some where else. It is a federal tracking number and moving province has no bearing on that.

Healthcare is provincial, so is Driver's license. Any issues you might face living in another province would be related to things that are provincial government's responsibility.

I would advise you to buy private insurance. It is something that people who are in good health, tend to ignore specially if they are coming from a country with no concept of public health care system. But please do know that health care is insanely expensive here. A single visit to emergency to see the doctor in a hospital would cost upwards of 700-1000 CAD, assuming no tests or medication if you are not insured.

dAnsh

Mar 15, 2016
Hey all..

I am very happy to let you all know that finally after 5 rejections I have got my SOWP approved!!.. :) All the best to all the applicants waiting for the visa..!!

Thanks
dAnsh

Mrs.T

Jan 29, 2017
Hi Everyone..

I hope someone can help me with this.

My husband (Mexican) received a job offer for a full time permanent job in canada (Alberta) as a chef. The employer will process a work permit for him. The dilemma is this,

1. When will be his work permit can be process? after the approval of LMIA or once the LMIA approved then his work permit is also automatically approved?

2. Can they process my 'open work permit' as spouse along with his work permit? whats the requirements for this process? (Philippine Passport)

3. I am giving birth next month. How to process the visa of our newborn baby so that we can bring our baby to canada too. What kind of visa does our baby needs. The baby will be getting a Philippine passport first as the Mexican passport will take a month or so to get, it will help us alot if our baby will get mexican passport so that he will be eligible for eTA.

I hope someone can help me. coz im very confuse. Cry

Thank you in advance

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
congrts Dansh,

plz share ur refusal reasons for previous applications and what new evidence u added that made it succesful this time.

brij1701

Oct 10, 2014
Hello Experts i need your guidance,my spouse applied for sowp in sep 2016 it was rejected due to travel history and financial as my dad(Sponsor of my spouse) had several enteries in his account before we applied and i was on student visa and i only showed $3000 in my account
This time i got my PGWP and have job in NOC B,i have some concerns regarding funds,i can only show $4000 in my account and my wife is going to show $10,000 CAD in her account,i was thinking i will ask my dad to send me $6,000 and put in my savings account and when my wife apply for SOWP i will provide bank statements from my chequing account and Letter from bank stating my balance in savings account would that be problem or it would be ok?
Also we are showing that my dad is supporting her and he will be showing money and property as well.

Kindly Assist
Thanks

Sowm1707

Jan 20, 2017
Hi ,

Status has been updated in cic to Approved. :) Now eagerly waiting to receive my passport back.
Here's my timeline -
Nov 18th applied online
Dec 12th medicals passed
Jan 25th passport request
Feb 1st approval mail.

Mrs.T

Jan 29, 2017
Mrs.T said:
Hi Everyone..

I hope someone can help me with this.

My husband (Mexican) received a job offer for a full time permanent job in canada (Alberta) as a chef. The employer will process a work permit for him. The dilemma is this,

1. When will be his work permit can be process? after the approval of LMIA or once the LMIA approved then his work permit is also automatically approved?

2. Can they process my 'open work permit' as spouse along with his work permit? whats the requirements for this process? (Philippine Passport)

3. I am giving birth next month. How to process the visa of our newborn baby so that we can bring our baby to canada too. What kind of visa does our baby needs. The baby will be getting a Philippine passport first as the Mexican passport will take a month or so to get, it will help us alot if our baby will get mexican passport so that he will be eligible for eTA.

I hope someone can help me. coz im very confuse. Cry

Thank you in advance

Nobody????