Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
I applied for SOWP on 4th of Oct 2016.
It is paper based application.
processing at VAC Bangalore..
Status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED on 12th November 2016

And I got the reply from them on 15th November 2016 stating :-

Please submit the below mentioned Additional documents.
* Marriage Certificate
* Proof of funds for Me and Spouse

I have no idea why they asked me for this docs, As I had already submited this docs while applyng at vfs...

Now again I submitted the demanded documents on 18th of November at Vfs pune.

Can anyone help like how long it will take now for the Final decision?? And is this normal??
I m realy worried...

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
We cannot say why they ask even we submit first time those documents. In my case, I have submitted my kids birth certificates first time, still they asked second time. after a month I got approvals.
Justin william said:
I applied for SOWP on 4th of Oct 2016.
It is paper based application.
processing at VAC Bangalore..
Status - OPEN
Medical - PASSED on 12th November 2016

And I got the reply from them on 15th November 2016 stating :-

Please submit the below mentioned Additional documents.
* Marriage Certificate
* Proof of funds for Me and Spouse

I have no idea why they asked me for this docs, As I had already submited this docs while applyng at vfs...

Now again I submitted the demanded documents on 18th of November at Vfs pune.

Can anyone help like how long it will take now for the Final decision?? And is this normal??
I m realy worried...

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
kalpan said:
We cannot say why they ask even we submit first time those documents. In my case, I have submitted my kids birth certificates first time, still they asked second time. after a month I got approvals.
Hi kalpan,

Thanks,

And also i wanted to ask.. as i submited my additional docs on 18th of nov 2016 ,
Usually how long it takes for them to receive the docs??
And do they notify us once they receive???

kindly Rivert,
Thank you

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Justin william said:
Hi kalpan,

Thanks,

And also i wanted to ask.. as i submited my additional docs on 18th of nov 2016 ,
Usually how long it takes for them to receive the docs??
And do they notify us once they receive???

kindly Rivert,
Thank you
Usually in a week the documents will be received and they won't update us as those new documents will be attached to the application based on client Id. In a month or two, you will have positive news.

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
kalpan said:
Usually in a week the documents will be received and they won't update us as those new documents will be attached to the application based on client Id. In a month or two, you will have positive news.
CoooL!!!!

Thank you soo mch kalpan...
God bless you

Nov 17, 2016
Hey, i am an open work permit holder in canada, and i want to bring my wife here, when i applied her visa cic rejected it giving her 4 reasons which were
1. Travelling history
2. Insufficent funds to support relationship and husband's occupation.
3. Current employement situation
4. Personal assests and financial status
As of for the documents i send them my employement letter and paystabs, i work as as a restuarant manager, my bank statements , my cra's notice of assessment for the year 2015, my marriage pictures, my ticket to prove my travelling to india in the month of marriage.
I am not sure what else i should do to get the visa.
Please help me on this
Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Pankajchhabra142 said:
Hey, i am an open work permit holder in canada, and i want to bring my wife here, when i applied her visa cic rejected it giving her 4 reasons which were
1. Travelling history
2. Insufficent funds to support relationship and husband's occupation.
3. Current employement situation
4. Personal assests and financial status
As of for the documents i send them my employement letter and paystabs, i work as as a restuarant manager, my bank statements , my cra's notice of assessment for the year 2015, my marriage pictures, my ticket to prove my travelling to india in the month of marriage.
I am not sure what else i should do to get the visa.
Please help me on this
Thank you
Check two things

a) Order gcms notes. They might state more precise objection which might be addressable.
b) Find out if your wage is better than median for your NOC in your province, for instance here

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_area.do?&area=9219&reportOption=wage

Nov 17, 2016
Hey thanks for replying
So i check for my wages and it comes in the median wage, and i have received my Ainp which i applied from the same job showing the same salary.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Hi all

After 2 rejections finally my husband got his SWOP today.We got passport request today.

applied on Oct 14 online
passport request : Nov 22

All the best for the people who are waiting for approval.

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
Hi friends,

This forum is really informative and thanks to all great people who really spend their time here to help each other.

Am a Full time student at University of Regina, Canada with full funding for next two years - now am planning to apply for my wife for SOWP visa - have listed out all set of documents after carefully going through the forum - please find the list below;

Documents from my wife (Applicant SOWP)
1. IMM 5488E Document Checklist
2. IMM 1295E Main application
3. IMM 5707E Family Information
4. IMM 5753E Release Personal Information (That will be to me)
5. IMM 5753E Medical request upfornt
6. IMM 5257B Schedule 1 of TRV application
7. Digital photograph
8. Passport copy front & back
9. Marriage certificate
10. Marriage affidavit
11. Proof for marriage - Various occasion & wedding Photos along with invitation
12. Work Experience certificate
13. IELTS certificate - general category
14. Savings account statement - roughly CAD $10000
15. Financial affidavits including all other assests
16. Education certificate as affidavits
17. Copy of National ID cards
18. Police clearance certificate
19. E-medical upfront confirmation sheet from Hospital with UMI number on it
20. Strong cover letter explaining need for being together

My documents (Spouse being in Canada)
1. Proof of Residence in Canada (attached)
(i) Official Transcript from University
(ii) Student Certificate
(iii) Mobile cellular bill
2. Proof of student (attached) :
(i) Official Transcript from University
(ii) Confirmation of Enrollment
(iii) Student ID card
3. University’s support letter (attached)
(i) Supporting letter from the University for Spouse invitation
4. Proof of funding/Income

(i) Funding letter from University of Regina
(ii) On-campus non union exam Invigilator appointment letter

5. Copy of Passport
6. Digital photo
7. Proof of marriage – Marriage certificate and Marriage invitation
8. Copy of study permit
9. Copy of National ID cards from India
10. My invitation letter - stating how I would be needing her moral support and will be responsible for her to leave Canada after visa period

Apart from this do I miss any other important document ? Please do help want it to get right at the first time itself.

Thanks in Advance
Vinith GR

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Hi forum, I have a quick question.
My husband's application for SOWP got refused some time ago. I have recently got my work permit renewed and we have our PR application in process for about 7 weeks now.
I wanted to know, if we apply for his SOWP again and it is refused again, will this hurt our PR application?

We have the option of waiting for the PR to come through but this average time of 6 months could be longer so applying for SOWP might get him here sooner, although Pakistan processing time for SOWP is 12 weeks!

Thanks!

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Zimprincess said:
My husband's application for SOWP got refused some time ago. I have recently got my work permit renewed and we have our PR application in process for about 7 weeks now.
I wanted to know, if we apply for his SOWP again and it is refused again, will this hurt our PR application?

We have the option of waiting for the PR to come through but this average time of 6 months could be longer so applying for SOWP might get him here sooner, although Pakistan processing time for SOWP is 12 weeks!

Thanks!
Did u apply your PR through express entry?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Zimprincess said:

Thanks!
No it doesn't affect PR at all. You can certainly try for SOWP again.