+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Usually every CIC visa office has its own website where they list email for that embassy. So if you haven't applied online / inside Canada, you could directly email them too. This is in addition to IRCC web form (also called case specific inquiry)
Hi fkl, is it important to state the VFS application number in the CSE? I did not, only filled the mandatory fields. My application hasn't been entered into the system yet ('no application found' message when I try to link my paper application to my online account) so I don't know if merely my name, email address, and DOB will be enough for them to relate my query to my case.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
veritas said:
Hi fkl, is it important to state the VFS application number in the CSE? I did not, only filled the mandatory fields. My application hasn't been entered into the system yet ('no application found' message when I try to link my paper application to my online account) so I don't know if merely my name, email address, and DOB will be enough for them to relate my query to my case.
Usually yes, this info looks insufficient. Normally application number is needed (if you have had one).

If not they ask for name, DOB, email and full address, passport number, date of application submission etc.

You seem to have not provided all of those either (missed some). So its likely they wont be able to correlate.

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Usually yes, this info looks insufficient. Normally application number is needed (if you have had one).

If not they ask for name, DOB, email and full address, passport number, date of application submission etc.

You seem to have not provided all of those either (missed some). So its likely they wont be able to correlate.
Thanks, I have now sent a CSE with this information included. SO the paper applications don't have an application number or anything so I wrote the application tracking ID given by the VFS in the 'Application number' field, even thought the CIC format for an application number is different than the VFS format. Would they be able to locate my application with that?

krupalpatel41

Apr 7, 2016
Hi all,
My sowp file got rejected and they gave very silly reason that you have not provided documentation to demonstrate that your spouse is employed in a position that falls within NOC level A,B OR O.

I represented my employment letter in which it was clearly mentioned my job title, my salary, since how long i am working with that company, my duties and everything. But my duties and my jot title was in there so they can figured it out my NOC level really its frustrating because of this i got rejected this time. Before that i got rejected two different reasons but now this time this is something really stupid. If you guys have any idea or somebody rejected because of this reason please guide me. Embarrassed Embarrassed

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
krupalpatel41 said:
Hi all,
My sowp file got rejected and they gave very silly reason that you have not provided documentation to demonstrate that your spouse is employed in a position that falls within NOC level A,B OR O.

I represented my employment letter in which it was clearly mentioned my job title, my salary, since how long i am working with that company, my duties and everything. But my duties and my jot title was in there so they can figured it out my NOC level really its frustrating because of this i got rejected this time. Before that i got rejected two different reasons but now this time this is something really stupid. If you guys have any idea or somebody rejected because of this reason please guide me. Embarrassed Embarrassed
Where was your application lodged?

RVarghese

Dec 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2013
Doc's Request.
05-09-2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
krupalpatel41 said:
VFS Banglore and it was paper application without upfront medical
Hi
When did you apply for SOWP

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
sthomas9345 said:
Had got messages from lot of people asking few questions about my application. So I thought I will put it here in th eforum so they can all see it here.. Thi sis the comment I had posted 2 days back.. Just a review of my post:

1 TRV refusal

SOWP:
Applied March 21st Online Application - Attorney applied from Canada
April 11th Medical Requests
April 12th Medicals Done
April 17th Medicals Submitted
April 28th Medicals Passed
May 9th Refused
May 11th Email for reconsideration
June 30th Email from Delhi to submit an explanation letter
July 15th Submitted the letter
July 20th Case reopened
July 26th Passport request
August 1st Passport submission
August 5th Approval letter
August 8th Passport dispatched
August 9th Passport delivered
August 18th landed in Canada

We applied through an attorney in Canada and since it wan online application, we are not very sure where the application was processed. But I guess, it was Delhi. The documents we sent were, MY offer letter, paystub, visa copy, work permit copy, passport copy, Spouse's resume,our marriage certificate and all the necessary applications from CIC. After we got refusal, the refusal letter was emailed to my attorney the email iD was in there for the High commission of Delhi. And later after we received a letter that they needed an explanation from us we decided to include all our pictures before and after marriage, a letter I wrote how I felt alone staying without my souse, how my spouse felt staying without me, how we met and story of our life together so far etc.,
which Attorneythrough u applied from Canada?

Pilla

Apr 20, 2016
sthomas9345 said:
Hi all,

First, let me thank you all for the support you gave me in going through this process. I landed in Canada last night. My timeline below":

1 TRV refusal

SOWP:
Applied March 21st Online Application - Attorney applied from Canada
April 11th Medical Requests
April 12th Medicals Done
April 17th Medicals Submitted
April 28th Medicals Passed
May 9th Refused
May 11th Email for reconsideration
June 30th Email from Delhi to submit an explanation letter
July 15th Submitted the letter
July 20th Case reopened
July 26th Passport request
August 1st Passport submission
August 5th Approval letter
August 8th Passport dispatched
August 9th Passport delivered
August 18th landed in Canada

Please ask me if you have any questions.. I will be really happy to help you. And I also pray that everyone waiting for an approval, specially guys applied in Chandigarh to hear from CIC soon
hai please share your whatsup contact num, even my SOWP got rejected on May 06th and i have applied last week i just want to check with you about the reasons of rejection and how you have reapplied so that i can guess something about my application approval

Pilla

Apr 20, 2016
Neha Yadav said:
Earlier they had mentioned only financial but sadly i got to know by our lawyer that second time again we got refusal..my husband doesn't want to stay alone....its very depressing

hai can you please tell the reason for refusal in second attempt?

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for SOWP from Poland on 28th July and got a reply on 30th August that:-

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of
IRPA which states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions
put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence
and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that some of the photograph that you have submitted have been
digitally modified.

What does this mean? I have applied by paper and submitted some of the photographs along with it.
What should i do now?

Thank You.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nurzohra said:
Hi,

I have applied for SOWP from Poland on 28th July and got a reply on 30th August that:-

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of
IRPA which states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions
put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence
and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that some of the photograph that you have submitted have been
digitally modified.

What does this mean? I have applied by paper and submitted some of the photographs along with it.
What should i do now?

Thank You.
Assuming you have a genuine profile, provide more detailed proof and clear pictures. Any thing that justifies your relationship being genuine, contact (call / chat) logs, proof of sending money, untouched pictures etc.

You can always provide untouched original pictures from photographer too, against the ones which were submitted and appeared digitally modified to VO.

All of this should be done with a subsequent application.

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
fkl said:
Assuming you have a genuine profile, provide more detailed proof and clear pictures. Any thing that justifies your relationship being genuine, contact (call / chat) logs, proof of sending money, untouched pictures etc.

You can always provide untouched original pictures from photographer too, against the ones which were submitted and appeared digitally modified to VO.

All of this should be done with a subsequent application.
I just have soft copies of the picture. Should I send all the pictures instead of some selected ones? They have specifically mentioned about the photographs, should I submit any other document?