+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
krupalpatel41 said:
Hello aegan,
i applied sowp at 3 June 2016 but i did not receive anything. My application is processing at Banglore vfs. so if you have any information please share to me.
Thanks.
Hey there,
Where do you reside in India? Bangalore? I mean to say the applicant?

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, please tell me if an SOWP application is linked to the online account of the international student or the student's spouse? In this case, the international student has a EE profile too. Should his spouse's SOWP be linked with his account?

Feb 14, 2016
Hi All

My wife got the opportunity to work in Quebec through her organization and they have processed open work permit ( W1 - worker) with a validity of 3 years for me.

1. If i go along with my wife, is it possible for me to work at Montreal?
2. If possible how will be the job market for SAP HR Consultants?
3. Is it worth to take risk of resigning and going to Canada along with my wife because my visa is processed as dependent and processed open work permit and if my wife is called back after a year?
4. Am i allowed to work there, if my wife is called back after a year?

Thank you.
Jaganmohan Kodali

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Jaganmohan Kodali said:
Hi All

My wife got the opportunity to work in Quebec through her organization and they have processed open work permit ( W1 - worker) with a validity of 3 years for me.

1. If i go along with my wife, is it possible for me to work at Montreal?
2. If possible how will be the job market for SAP HR Consultants?
3. Is it worth to take risk of resigning and going to Canada along with my wife because my visa is processed as dependent and processed open work permit and if my wife is called back after a year?
4. Am i allowed to work there, if my wife is called back after a year?

Thank you.
Jaganmohan Kodali
1. Yes you can work any where. Just be cautious at airport when CBSA issues you SOWP, make sure they don't wrongly put the city restriction on it. An open work permit should say authorized to work any where in Canada.
2. I am not very clear on your profession. SAP might have an okay market here. But you cannot practice HR without Canadian legal certifications. Not sure where does SAP HR consultant fall. Irrespective you would have a hard time finding a job even in Montreal if you dont speak french.
3. No one can answer that for you. Risk is always a personal call but your work permit is valid till its expiry once issued. Your wife being called back doesn't cancel it unless you do some serious violation e.g. driving under influence (DUI) etc.
4. Yes, your work permit remains valid till its expiry once issued.

Feb 14, 2016
fkl said:
1. Yes you can work any where. Just be cautious at airport when CBSA issues you SOWP, make sure they don't wrongly put the city restriction on it. An open work permit should say authorized to work any where in Canada.
2. I am not very clear on your profession. SAP might have an okay market here. But you cannot practice HR without Canadian legal certifications. Not sure where does SAP HR consultant fall. Irrespective you would have a hard time finding a job even in Montreal if you dont speak french.
3. No one can answer that for you. Risk is always a personal call but your work permit is valid till its expiry once issued. Your wife being called back doesn't cancel it unless you do some serious violation e.g. driving under influence (DUI) etc.
4. Yes, your work permit remains valid till its expiry once issued.
Thank you for the information.

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi all,

First, let me thank you all for the support you gave me in going through this process. I landed in Canada last night. My timeline below":

1 TRV refusal

SOWP:
Applied March 21st Online Application - Attorney applied from Canada
April 11th Medical Requests
April 12th Medicals Done
April 17th Medicals Submitted
April 28th Medicals Passed
May 9th Refused
May 11th Email for reconsideration
June 30th Email from Delhi to submit an explanation letter
July 15th Submitted the letter
July 20th Case reopened
July 26th Passport request
August 1st Passport submission
August 5th Approval letter
August 8th Passport dispatched
August 9th Passport delivered
August 18th landed in Canada

Please ask me if you have any questions.. I will be really happy to help you. And I also pray that everyone waiting for an approval, specially guys applied in Chandigarh to hear from CIC soon

Aksh11

Aug 19, 2016
Hi Thomas,

Can you please tell which documents did you attached with your application?
And did you or your partner as well wrote the explanation letter?
How do you contact the office for reconsideration?

Congratulations for the approval!

Neha Yadav

Aug 4, 2016
sthomas9345 said:
Hi all,

First, let me thank you all for the support you gave me in going through this process. I landed in Canada last night. My timeline below":

1 TRV refusal

SOWP:
Applied March 21st Online Application - Attorney applied from Canada
April 11th Medical Requests
April 12th Medicals Done
April 17th Medicals Submitted
April 28th Medicals Passed
May 9th Refused
May 11th Email for reconsideration
June 30th Email from Delhi to submit an explanation letter
July 15th Submitted the letter
July 20th Case reopened
July 26th Passport request
August 1st Passport submission
August 5th Approval letter
August 8th Passport dispatched
August 9th Passport delivered
August 18th landed in Canada

Please ask me if you have any questions.. I will be really happy to help you. And I also pray that everyone waiting for an approval, specially guys applied in Chandigarh to hear from CIC soon
Congratulations...

My swop got rejected in 16 may ..reapplied again on june 4 ...still no update..applied through attorney in canada

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Neha Yadav said:
Congratulations...

My swop got rejected in 16 may ..reapplied again on june 4 ...still no update..applied through attorney in canada
Hi Neha,
What was the reason for rejection?

Neha Yadav

Aug 4, 2016
Unsung said:
Hi Neha,
What was the reason for rejection?
Earlier they had mentioned only financial but sadly i got to know by our lawyer that second time again we got refusal..my husband doesn't want to stay alone....its very depressing

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Neha Yadav said:
Earlier they had mentioned only financial but sadly i got to know by our lawyer that second time again we got refusal..my husband doesn't want to stay alone....its very depressing
I can understand, we all here are in the same boat, what was the reason for the refusal second time?

aegan

Jul 4, 2016
Hi Krupalpatel

Applied SOWP paper application on June 29 without medicals ,still waiting .file is in vfs Bangalore .

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, in order to check processing times on CIC, would SOWP fall under 'Work Permit' or 'Work Permit Extension (New Employer)'?

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anttor said:
Work permit
ok I have one question: when we link our paper application to the online account we select Work Permit (Extension), are these two different things?