+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Raj2404 said:
Thank you Neha Yadav and Jasmohra

@ Jasmohra This should be Mumbai consulate number +91 22 6749 4444.
just another question

If you applied online, how did you come to know your application was being processed at a certain office?
or was it a random call to mumbai consulate?

Raj2404

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasmohra said:
just another question

If you applied online, how did you come to know your application was being processed at a certain office?
or was it a random call to mumbai consulate?
Hi

As I mentioned earlier till today I am not too sure where I my application was processed, but ultimately visa approval letter has been issed from Banglore. And yeah true tht was random call only, we were trying all possible options to get some answers. Good luck!

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone

You guys are doing a great job by sharing your opinions regarding spouse open work permit.
If anybody can help me suggesting the best immigration lawyer for sowp in chandigarh that would be really highly apprciated ??
Its very difficult to find the best lawyer ..?? Plz helpp

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Need help...!!

What are documents are required ... my spouse got her work visa (SOWP). do she need to show anything to immigration officer...

Please advice

Regards,
Sid

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Raj2404 said:
Hi

As I mentioned earlier till today I am not too sure where I my application was processed, but ultimately visa approval letter has been issed from Banglore. And yeah true tht was random call only, we were trying all possible options to get some answers. Good luck!
Thanks for the information. Has anyone else waiting since months tried this?? I wish and hope it works for all of us.

gsingh2711

Apr 30, 2016
What the hell is wrong with Chandigarh vfs? They are making everyone wait so much and you don't even know if they're gonna approve it or not. This is ridiculous. Either give us some time frame and we'll wait, even if its 2 months or 6 months but they say 9-10 weeks and people have been waiting for 8-9 MONTHS! :mad: :mad: :mad:

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Samzzk said:
Please help,
My husband is a temp worker in saskatchewan,has submitted his pr application and also a letter stating his change in status from single to married along with our marriage certificate. We are not applying for my spousal imm file right now as he is about to receive his pr and will sponsor me once he gets his. Now my question is:
1. Can i apply for spousal open work permit from outside canada online or do i have to apply paper based?also can i apply for sowp based on his job??
2. Can my husband who is in canada apply for my sowp online?
3. Mu husband has sent letter to cic stating his marriage but what is the procedure for him to show me as his spouse in his pr application?

Please help
Your information is problematic. Please understand laws first or you could risk your plans of coming to Canada.

Firstly, if you guys are married now and your husband hasn't completed his PR yet, then he likely cannot land as a PR until you are added to his PR and processed. I do not understand how he changed his status from single to married but is not applying for you now and would sponsor latter. This is not a choice left to applicant. Even if you are a non accompanying dependent, CIC would still ask for your medicals among other details.

Now lets get to the rest of your questions.
1. Yes you can apply for SOWP online and it would be processed at the embassy catering your current country of residence. Still if approved, you would be submitting passport to the same embassy for visa stamping. If his job is skilled i.e. NOC 0, A or B then you can apply for SOWP based upon his job, otherwise not. CIC would require detailed evidence of this like LMIA or job offer details / pay stubs / experience letter etc.

2. Your husband can fill and submit your application online, but it would still be processed the same way as mentioned in 1, at your current country of residence.

3. Assuming your husband applied for PR via express entry and submitted a case specific inquiry informing CIC about your marriage, CIC would send you guys request for all additional docs, medicals etc. Some of those things he would have to upload in his already created express entry profile (CIC would just enable extra fields for new docs).

Lastly, work permits are only issued to spouse of workers or for some one whose PR is already in process and needs wp to continue living in Canada.

So you can only apply for WP while your husband is also on WP. Once he becomes PR (ignoring the part on not including you in app for now), you are then only eligible for sponsorship as a PR, not for WP, which means possibly much longer wait times.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
All my beloved applicants in this sowp forum thanks a lot for all your advises. Specially to yadav he answered all my doubts and was encouraging me..
Here is my time line
Medicals done: june 16th
Applied at vfs bangalore: june 17th..(paper application)
Linked paper application to cic: july 5th ( only medical was updated in it as passed)
Email from cic: 13th august ( ther was nothing in it. Just a mail that application has been updated)
After checking GCkey the status was unchanged.
So today 16th AUGUST(status changed to approved)..

Called vfs they said passport has been dispatched you will soon receive a msg to collect it. But approval mail hasn't come and there was no msg in GC ACCOUNT.
This is what bit worried...

Special thanks to bro yadav.. he was always explaining his situation and also suggested me...
All the very best to all sowp applicants

gsingh2711

Apr 30, 2016
Victor paul said:
All my beloved applicants in this sowp forum thanks a lot for all your advises. Specially to yadav he answered all my doubts and was encouraging me..
Here is my time line
Linked paper application to cic: july 5th ( only medical was updated in it as passed)
Email from cic: 13th august ( ther was nothing in it. Just a mail that application has been updated)

Called vfs they said passport has been dispatched you will soon receive a msg to collect it. But approval mail hasn't come and there was no msg in GC ACCOUNT.

Special thanks to bro yadav.. he was always explaining his situation and also suggested me...
Congrats buddy!!! Good luck for your new life.

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Victor paul said:
Here is my time line

that's awesome. Congrats bro. Let's hope that VFS Chandigarh get some inspiration from VFS Bangalore. :)
All the best to you and your partner for great life together! Cheers

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Here is my time line

Thank you bro for the acknowledgement. I wish u and ur spouse a great future. god bless

gsingh2711

Apr 30, 2016
ajsingh said:
that's awesome. Congrats bro. Let's hope that VFS Chandigarh get some inspiration from VFS Bangalore. :)
All the best to you and your partner for great life together! Cheers
Chandigarh wale sare applicants da tan rabb hee raakha.
People have been waiting since last year for their decisions.
I think our turn will come next year as we applied this year.