+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

well i dont really buddy whats the difference but i really pray for all of us to b united with our spouses. not only but many r having issues that r killing the relationship. god has to bless us all now. lets remain positive n hope something comes soon.
Thanks Yadav. I have been checking on search engines for hours now and am not able to find anything on the "In Progress-CP". One common theme I noticed was that most people who were discussing that status had PR applications in progress. But I didn't make any such application :)

The only other thing other than what I already mentioned is that in my case, medical is not required because of country of residence.

I am going to post this question on various forums on here and see if there's anyone who knows the difference for sure.

In any case, I am going to email the High Commissioner on Monday.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

ya same as i mentioned. anyway i really hope u get some concrete answer from the high commissioner. but also i have read b4 that many people had this 72 hour timeframe but none actually got anything in that time. rather it took a week or 2 at a minimum. but i really hope in our cases we do get something as its been a long time already.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

ya same as i mentioned. anyway i really hope u get some concrete answer from the high commissioner. but also i have read b4 that many people had this 72 hour timeframe but none actually got anything in that time. rather it took a week or 2 at a minimum. but i really hope in our cases we do get something as its been a long time already.
I agree - the 72 hour timeframe appears meaningless and may not be for Open Work Permit applicants. I have the same message as yours there.

Just curious - have you submitted your medical?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

yes last night only my wife requested for screenshot n it shows clearly medicals is passed only final decision was not started which according to this new link shows in process now. she will call again on monday to get a new screenshot for confirming an update.

tc gudnite buddy n godbless

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

yes last night only my wife requested for screenshot n it shows clearly medicals is passed only final decision was not started which according to this new link shows in process now. she will call again on monday to get a new screenshot for confirming an update.

tc gudnite buddy n godbless
Thanks Yadav. I will check if my lawyer can also provide me a screenshot.

zmm35

Jul 24, 2016
Hi, Prium.
First of all I would like to thank you for guiding people with Canada Visa Issues. it is really very kind of you.

I also Have a Query regarding OWP.
I am also looking forward to get TRV or OWP Visa with my wife, She has received Admission for MSC computer Science in Ontario and we will be applying for her student visa by Aug end.
Now I am in dilemma what visa should I apply OWP directly or TRV and in TRV mention require OWP? What are the chances of getting the visa?
Will this affect chances of My wife's student visa as we want visa for both together.
Can you please guide us how to proceed.

Thank you in Advane

HER

May 5, 2016
Maaftgbkum said:
4 months is going to be done on 20 July but no updates yet. Ki kariye tension
hi my case is same , i applied for my wife in chandigarh on 3/march/2016. my consultant told me if we if our permanent residency application is in process CIC dont give any decision on SOWP application.