+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

ninja1987

Jul 6, 2016
Once you submit the CSE to add a new document, you get automated email after they add document to the file or as soon as you submit the CSE. I didnt get any email and submitted the CSE one week ago.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
My wife went to MP Alex Nuttal's office and they said they can follow up but they r limited to 7 applications a day only. so they will call cic on Wednesday and update us.

MUPAX

May 3, 2016
metalrahul said:
Looking at all the recent threads here in this forum. It's quite apparent that SOWP applications are getting delayed more than usual. While work permits and student permits are granted much faster.

Just an observation, frustrated and I don't want to think of moving to Canada without my spouse at the moment. If this was the case I would have opted for just a TRV for her or even that's difficult too?
The processing depends on the peak season / traffic of volume. Since majority courses would be beginning in the fall (read September), hence this would be a crunch time for them and they would have prioritized. obviously, this is an explanation for the apps which have gone (are going) in the June-Aug period.
Apps that went in the previous time period but aren't cleared would have some issues pending or the consulate folks are short of resources/hands to process them.

I think based on my research, the chances of a TRV were lower than the SOWP when the primary contender is going for a study permit or a temporary permit to begin with.

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
MUPAX said:
The processing depends on the peak season / traffic of volume. Since majority courses would be beginning in the fall (read September), hence this would be a crunch time for them and they would have prioritized. obviously, this is an explanation for the apps which have gone (are going) in the June-Aug period.
Apps that went in the previous time period but aren't cleared would have some issues pending or the consulate folks are short of resources/hands to process them.

I think based on my research, the chances of a TRV were lower than the SOWP when the primary contender is going for a study permit or a temporary permit to begin with.
I applied together for my work permit and her SOWP and it would have made sense if both applications were got delayed but I got original passport request in less than three weeks. Her's is still waiting for medical report which was upload a day after I got request for medicals form CIC. Both of us has done medicals upfront but her's was uploaded few days later due to Eid holidays and that was when I got her medical request.

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my wife OWP application refused,
Reason: Can not support her while I am student.
We did not showed money in Pakistan in her account Only in my bank statement which was 12K.

My question is, is there any chance if we show bank statement in pakistan and apply again.

All seniors please advise.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Khan81 said:
my wife OWP application refused,
Reason: Can not support her while I am student.
We did not showed money in Pakistan in her account Only in my bank statement which was 12K.

My question is, is there any chance if we show bank statement in pakistan and apply again.

All seniors please advise.
Hi there,
When did you apply?

MUPAX

May 3, 2016
metalrahul said:
I applied together for my work permit and her SOWP and it would have made sense if both applications were got delayed but I got original passport request in less than three weeks. Her's is still waiting for medical report which was upload a day after I got request for medicals form CIC. Both of us has done medicals upfront but her's was uploaded few days later due to Eid holidays and that was when I got her medical request.
I understand. However, yours would have been a priority case while hers was not. And when the file would have reached the desk, the application was't complete so it would now be in some sort of a line of applications that need re-looking. It requires some more patience now, just hope they be re-screening apps at the faster rate than the incoming rate of fresh apps.

I had also applied for the SOWP along with my app and both were processed together within a week. I just tried making it by the first-time-right principle (going by the posts on this forum).
Cheers

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
MUPAX said:
I understand. However, yours would have been a priority case while hers was not. And when the file would have reached the desk, the application was't complete so it would now be in some sort of a line of applications that need re-looking. It requires some more patience now, just hope they be re-screening apps at the faster rate than the incoming rate of fresh apps.

I had also applied for the SOWP along with my app and both were processed together within a week. I just tried making it by the first-time-right principle (going by the posts on this forum).
Yes, it seems like probably I will have to leave first so let just wait for them to process.

Harsh1991

Jul 20, 2016
Hello everyone
I wanna share my experience,i applied online SOWP for my wife she is in india,i applied it on 27may from canada and still no reply,no medical request.i am so tense now.
And i applied her SOWP by my self,no representative used.
Thankx
Harsh

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hey Harsh

I am sharing my experience with u. Hope it vd give u a clear picture.
Jss lyk u my husband too applied on his own. Itz bettr in a way as agents out dre r in2 money minting business.

Herezz my case timeline

Applied online on: 4 Jan 2016
Medical Passed: 10 March 2016
"NO UPDATES SINCE THEN"

N here I am sharing my case vd u on 20 July 2016 with nothing in my hand.

Thnxx

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
Sonika,

i think u need to consider sending a serious complaint to the pm or the chief of immigration:

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/contactpm

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/minister/mccallum.asp?_ga=1.88041240.1806999151.1468995949

i dnt think cic will prioritise OWP applicants.

SonikaRJ

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hey Yadav

Thanxx a lott.. Will surely tok abt ds to my husband..

Hv u tried doing dat??
Wss ur application status??

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
well i applied apr 22 n last was review of medicals passed but that happened in june first week already since then nothing. my lawyer did cse and no update still. finally we heard abt MP option. so my wife went to local MP in Barrie and they will follow up for us today with CIC. i have asked my wffe to do all the crying n drama she can to make them push cic to do it sooner. illl update if we have any news from the MP's office. i think u shld try that too, whichever state ur spouse is in, just approach the local MP of the area and try. CIC is bound to give them info.