Raj2404

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaftgbkum said:
You did call to MP or you visited his or her office?
Hi, I sent an email to them explaining my situation and details of my application. I got a callback from them within 3-4 days and they informed me above status.

Also received below stereotype response on CSE made before 15 days:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We can confirm the reception of the documents.
If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.
Please visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

Emy_litt

Jul 15, 2016
Hi, I want to get some information about it. I came as international student in Canada. I got married to a guy who is also international student. Now I graduated and on Post-graduate work permit for three years. Can I apply for work permit for my husband .?

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Riyas Siraj said:
In my opinion there is no harm in contacting the MP's office. But as I said earlier, I am not sure how effective it would be considering that you are not residing here.

And also TRV might not be such a good idea. Because it's hard to convince the visa officer of your intentions.

And I don't what else is there for you to do.

I agree to FKL, rather than keep sending CSE's I don't see anything else that you can do. Try calling the visa office again, remember it's your need and not theirs.
Thank you Riyas and FKL. I will keep sending CSE every 20 days or so and also contact the MP. Doing CSE will at least formally log my request with CIC. My concern with too many phone calls to IRCC is that they may get annoyed. Also, I'm not sure if they formally record it anyway.

tewarimanish

Mar 15, 2016
I have a closed work permit and my spouse have a open Work permit (received as she accompanied me), these both WP are going to expire on 2017. My job with the employer is going to end this august. Can I apply for Open work permit on behalf of my spouse's Open WP

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
tewarimanish said:
I have a closed work permit and my spouse have a open Work permit (received as she accompanied me), these both WP are going to expire on 2017. My job with the employer is going to end this august. Can I apply for Open work permit on behalf of my spouse's Open WP
No, either of you should get another work permit to support other's SOWP. And I think her SOWP will expire along with your work permit since you are more like her sponsor.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Yes I called 3 times but it was on voicemail then I sent email with file information and my ph number on Friday. Hope so get any response on monday

neo26

Jan 12, 2016
My brother in law is coming to Toronto to study (he is has received his study permit for Canada).

His wife too wishes to travel with him and intends to work in Canada. Right now she has a basic visitor VISA for Canada. Can she travel along with her husband on a visitor VISA and get an open work permit upon landing ?

Note: She is a IT profession in her home country and wants to work in the same industry here.