+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Raj soni

Aug 19, 2013
hiransiddharth said:
Drop CSE after one week.... and probably you will hear in upcoming week
I can just submit my wife's email address in CSE and I can send CSE from canada that works right?

Because on file its an email address of representative..

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Raj soni said:
I can just submit my wife's email address in CSE and I can send CSE from canada that works right?

Because on file its an email address of representative..
Yes you can definitely do that... I I did that for my wife from here... :)

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Maaftgbkum said:
I have one more question like my husband lived in Italy more than 6 years because he is a permanent resident of there but he is a citizen of India and he is now in indis but before applying for spouse open work permit he lived in Italy. So is there chances vfs will do enquiry in Italy also? Thatswhy our sowp file is taking time
Did you mention on the application... that your husband lived there for 6 year... usually you have one column in application form country lived more thn 6 month... they just verify that part with Border if they feel like..

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
any1 had ther review of medical results passed already? and is it a positive sign for the application? as things r going smoothly.

osamayawar

Jan 11, 2016
Hi guys, i received Medical Request 6th June and the status got changed to Passed on Thursday i.e. 16th June but they did not request passport yet. On inquiring from people who applied already, they told me that they got the request along with medical results.

I am not sure how it works but can any one guide me? Thanks !!!

amit0895

Jun 11, 2016
I am finance professional with 6 years of experience in India. I have submitted my Express Entry profile with CIC. However waiting for ITA.

I have recently got married on 26th April 2016. My wife is presently in Canada under study permit and doing her Project Management diploma in Toronto. She came to Canada in the month of December 2015. She actually enrolled and completed her first semester in mobile Solution development course. However, She dropped that course and recently joined Project Management Diploma.

We have been in relationship for the last 10 years. It is learnt from CIC that Canadian Government is allowing work Visa for spouses of international students. We wish to understand the process and required documents for filling our application. My queries are as under:-

1. What is the process for Spouse work Visa.
2. Where do we need to submit our application
3. What is the process for changing marital status of my wife in Canada
4. What are the required documents
5. Will my express entry profile request affect our work visa application
6. Will her recent change in program have negative effect
7. What is the success rate
8. How much time it will take to get the VISA

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
amit0895 said:
I am finance professional with 6 years of experience in India. I have submitted my Express Entry profile with CIC. However waiting for ITA.

I have recently got married on 26th April 2016. My wife is presently in Canada under study permit and doing her Project Management diploma in Toronto. She came to Canada in the month of December 2015. She actually enrolled and completed her first semester in mobile Solution development course. However, She dropped that course and recently joined Project Management Diploma.

We have been in relationship for the last 10 years. It is learnt from CIC that Canadian Government is allowing work Visa for spouses of international students. We wish to understand the process and required documents for filling our application. My queries are as under:-

1. What is the process for Spouse work Visa.
2. Where do we need to submit our application
3. What is the process for changing marital status of my wife in Canada
4. What are the required documents
5. Will my express entry profile request affect our work visa application
6. Will her recent change in program have negative effect
7. What is the success rate
8. How much time it will take to get the VISA
Yes you can apply for SOWP. The process is very simple. As you have mentioned that your spouse is has a study visa. All you need is a copy of her study permit(not visa). Her enrollment letter from university her account details also if she have submitted the fees of the following semesters you can attach that as well. And not the least but of course your marriage certificate.

In regards to the application you can either submit it online or can go to vfs and have it submitted there(paper based)

To change her status she has to call CRA and just with her SIN number they can update the same.

As long as you guys provide all other supporting documents to prove that your relation is genuine and you didn't marry to just get to canada. I think you should be good. From supporting docs I meant, chats from a long time. Pictures. Fb status changed etc etc

Her course change won't really effect you can include the details in your cover letter if you wish too and also can attach the transcript but not required.

Talking about success rate - It all depends on the case you have submitted If you think you have attached all the docs to convince that you are getting there to help your wife out and once you visa expires you will return back home. You can do that by providing documents which can prove strong home ties like job, property etc. Also you may have to show funds to prove that you are eligible to take care of yourself and your wife when you get to Canada.

In regards to the processing time. You can a check that on CIC website. Again it all depends where do you apply from and how. Lets says for paper based app vfs Chandigarh was taking more than 4 months whereas new Delhi was 2 months. You can always go on CIC website and get the details.

Again this forum has lots of similar cases as your, just browse for some time and you will get as much info as you want. Hope it helps you!

amit0895

Jun 11, 2016
Navprateek said:
Yes you can apply for SOWP. The process is very simple. As you have mentioned that your spouse is has a study visa. All you need is a copy of her study permit(not visa). Her enrollment letter from university her account details also if she have submitted the fees of the following semesters you can attach that as well. And not the least but of course your marriage certificate.

In regards to the application you can either submit it online or can go to vfs and have it submitted there(paper based)

To change her status she has to call CRA and just with her SIN number they can update the same.

As long as you guys provide all other supporting documents to prove that your relation is genuine and you didn't marry to just get to canada. I think you should be good. From supporting docs I meant, chats from a long time. Pictures. Fb status changed etc etc

Her course change won't really effect you can include the details in your cover letter if you wish too and also can attach the transcript but not required.

Talking about success rate - It all depends on the case you have submitted If you think you have attached all the docs to convince that you are getting there to help your wife out and once you visa expires you will return back home. You can do that by providing documents which can prove strong home ties like job, property etc. Also you may have to show funds to prove that you are eligible to take care of yourself and your wife when you get to Canada.

In regards to the processing time. You can a check that on CIC website. Again it all depends where do you apply from and how. Lets says for paper based app vfs Chandigarh was taking more than 4 months whereas new Delhi was 2 months. You can always go on CIC website and get the details.

Again this forum has lots of similar cases as your, just browse for some time and you will get as much info as you want. Hope it helps you!

Thanks Nav for valuable input

It would be great help if you provide me details of online forms to be filled.

Do I need to get any letter from my employer or letter from her college or sponsor letter from her

Someone advised us to submit application in Canada rather than in India

Is there any logic behind that

Wat do u recommend online application through CIC or paper application

Nav if you don't mind can u provide me ur email id so I can take help from u directly
Thanks and regards

Vishal100

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Dear All,

Greetings!

I am making paper application for my spouse from India. I am confused in filling out IMM 1295 form section ‘’ Detail of intended work in Canada’’. I request expert member to guide please.

In that section Questions 1-6?

Thank you,
Vishal

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Vishal100 said:
Dear All,

Greetings!

I am making paper application for my spouse from India. I am confused in filling out IMM 1295 form section ‘' Detail of intended work in Canada’'. I request expert member to guide please.

In that section Questions 1-6?

Thank you,
Vishal
Write "Not Applicable - Spouse dependent work permit"

gs2016

Apr 7, 2016
Hello,

I have a work permit with 'high skilled' NOC code. I am applying SOWP for my wife and TRV for my son. Have a couple of questions.

1. Is it required to show home country ties for my wife and son? My wife doesn't have a job in India, no property on her name, not studying and son is just 2 years old. So its not easy to prove home country ties. Any suggestion on what ties can be shown (if it is required)?

2. I have already applied PR for all three of us and it is in progress? Does it make it even more difficult to get the SOWP and TRV approved since we already expressed the intent to move to Canada permanently?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Guru

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
gs2016 said:
Hello,

I have a work permit with 'high skilled' NOC code. I am applying SOWP for my wife and TRV for my son. Have a couple of questions.

1. Is it required to show home country ties for my wife and son? My wife doesn't have a job in India, no property on her name, not studying and son is just 2 years old. So its not easy to prove home country ties. Any suggestion on what ties can be shown (if it is required)?

2. I have already applied PR for all three of us and it is in progress? Does it make it even more difficult to get the SOWP and TRV approved since we already expressed the intent to move to Canada permanently?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Guru
As you have mentioned here that your PR application is in progress, I don't think they would deny SOWP because either way your wife and kid are coming to canada based on your PR application file, there is no point of denying SOWP. Just an FYI: My PR application is also in progress along with my spouse's application. Any other suggestions are welcome from the quora.

Cheers