+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
Yea her wage is 50k and both the job letter employment contract and marriage certificate issued by the province of alberta and my kids birth certificate and passport has been submitted , 2 paystubs and my wife has a masters degree with thesis which was federally funded

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
I applied for AINP nomination under EDS back in 2015 April but the processing time is so slow that i might run out of work permit so extending it in advance my wife too applied under SRS for AINP as she has studied in this province and has offer in hand keeping fingers crossed man my lawyer is one of the most reputed lawyers of western canada and he said my case should be approved but there is always a but ... i her employment letter does not talk about the responsibilities but it talks about the company policy wage designations terms and condition its about 10 pages just like the one i received her NOC code is 1221

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
and the employment letter from HR has all the contact info of the HR and when she started whats her wage again and designation again

osamayawar

Jan 11, 2016
Another question: Can we apply for Visit Visa after applying for Spouse OWP? Would that change the intention any how? Good move or bad?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Hello guys,

I have question regarding approved SOWP application. My wife just got SOWP approved and she is coming to Canada next week. I was wondering if there are any specific questions and information she should be prepared to answer?

She already knows my work address, home address, phone number and other basic information.

Any suggestions from you guys who had their spouse came in on work permit, what kind of questions do they usually ask? For example, if she gets asked what is your purpose to enter Canada ? Should she say work or to be with her spouse primarily ?

or if they ask what kind of work you will be doing?

I just want to make sure to do what I can to make her immigration process smooth.

Thanks in advance!!

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Hammer said:
I would say it was clearly taken as wrong application because my tracking ID said >> 20160318INICWKR ***
And your application says Bridging open work permit

FYI - I applied from VFS Delhi
No it can't be BOWP. When my spouse applied for study permit, her tracking number was 20151115INMASTU**

When I applied for SOWP, the tracking number is 20160318INMAWKR**. So as we can see, the first 8 digits states the date of application in yyyymmdd format. IN is static in all applications denotes the country.

The two letters next to IN should be the VFS branch (Chennai, Bangalore etc.,) In my case it is MA as I applied in Chennai. All applicants applied from Chennai will have MA next to IN. Applicants applied from Bangalore will have BO, Delhi applicants have IC and so on.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
faizy786 said:
Yea her wage is 50k and both the job letter employment contract and marriage certificate issued by the province of alberta and my kids birth certificate and passport has been submitted , 2 paystubs and my wife has a masters degree with thesis which was federally funded
Now that's the thing. Putting a number doesn't really tell the full picture.

For e.g. put your profession at the following link and see the average wage for that profession.
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_bynoc.do?&noc=1221&reportOption=wage

It shows that Administrative Officers (NOC 1221-B) earn min 14, average 24 and max 37 CAD per hour in Alberta.

So roughly 50k per annum is around 24 CAD per hour (might vary a bit depending upon how many hours a week / total in a year).

Although it is not the only factor, but CIC significantly looks at this element. Some times people quote a position as a management role even providing letters with matching job duties. But wages don't lie. And if they are significantly lower than what they should be, CIC would refuse.

For your case, I believe it should be fine. All the best.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
osamayawar said:
Another question: Can we apply for Visit Visa after applying for Spouse OWP? Would that change the intention any how? Good move or bad?
Although CIC doesn't officially says any where else that this is not allowed. I think it is a bad move since the intent of each contradicts each other. Unless you have a very unique situation where different basis make your case for each of these applications.

E.g. you applied for SOWP based upon your spouse being in Canada.

But then you have a pretty good job where you employer is sending you on a short work trip.

Still its hard for this scenario to fly and even with the above hypothetical scenario, there is a very high chance of refusal. So I won't recommend it.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hammer said:
Hello guys,

I have question regarding approved SOWP application. My wife just got SOWP approved and she is coming to Canada next week. I was wondering if there are any specific questions and information she should be prepared to answer?

She already knows my work address, home address, phone number and other basic information.

Any suggestions from you guys who had their spouse came in on work permit, what kind of questions do they usually ask? For example, if she gets asked what is your purpose to enter Canada ? Should she say work or to be with her spouse primarily ?

or if they ask what kind of work you will be doing?

I just want to make sure to do what I can to make her immigration process smooth.

Thanks in advance!!
Don't say any thing which is not true. It is very unlikely that they prone into these questions that you asked above.

But purpose of trip is to WORK (it is SOWP) and the stay is temporary (as long as the principal spouse). What kind of work - you can simply say it is spouse dependent open work permit and I haven't decided what / where or whether I will work.

More common things they might ask is ascertain the principal spouse's job (might be a good idea for her to carry a recent pay stub of yours) to show you are STILL working the skilled job. They would also ask regarding funds and other stuff.

Spouses of many people come to Canada on work permits with no intention of work. But its always better to have it in case needed.

t_Patel

Apr 3, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for the SOWP on 22 JAN 2016 and got refused on 22 March . The rejection letter does not mentioned the reason for refusal clearly. So i have applied for the GCMS notes and got it today. I can see the Officer not satisfied with the fund to help my self and dependent. I have shown CAD 18,000 and 3,00,000 INR bank balance. Also i am working permanent full time on NOC B level job with the CAD 33,000 annual Salary. Also i have work permit till September 2018.I would like to know how much income need to show for SOWP. As they mentioned my income is not sufficient to support both of us. If any body know the minimum income required for it. Please let me know as i am planning to reapply in two week.

THank you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
t_Patel said:
Hello Everyone,
I have applied for the SOWP on 22 JAN 2016 and got refused on 22 March . The rejection letter does not mentioned the reason for refusal clearly. So i have applied for the GCMS notes and got it today. I can see the Officer not satisfied with the fund to help my self and dependent. I have shown CAD 18,000 and 3,00,000 INR bank balance. Also i am working permanent full time on NOC C level job with the CAD 33,000 annual Salary. I would like to know how much income need to show for SOWP. As they mentioned my income is not sufficient to support both of us. If any body know the minimum income required for it. Please let me know as i am planning to reapply in two week.

THank you.
Sorry to hear that. I don't think it is figure amount that is the problem. You have shown more than what's required. The problem is NOC C job which does not make one eligible for SOWP.

I would advise either getting a better job that qualifies at least for NOC B.

Or try getting a PR route first e.g. get a pronvincial nomination for PR and attach that with application.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
fkl said:
Don't say any thing which is not true. It is very unlikely that they prone into these questions that you asked above.

But purpose of trip is to WORK (it is SOWP) and the stay is temporary (as long as the principal spouse). What kind of work - you can simply say it is spouse dependent open work permit and I haven't decided what / where or whether I will work.

More common things they might ask is ascertain the principal spouse's job (might be a good idea for her to carry a recent pay stub of yours) to show you are STILL working the skilled job. They would also ask regarding funds and other stuff.

Spouses of many people come to Canada on work permits with no intention of work. But its always better to have it in case needed.
Thanks for your guidance.

Regarding funds - Should I sent her my bank statements?

Arij

Mar 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4ahmad said:
Has anyone from Pakistan received any update from CIC? 2016 or 2015 applicants?
Nope.
Did you get passport request?