+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
fkl said:
He can apply for an open study permit while being in Canada Or he can even get admission to a school first and then apply for Open study permit. Mainly he needs his mother's study permit, proof of funds for his stay (only CIC requirement) and proof of relationship. Besides CIC may or may not ask for medicals (they often do not do that if you are already in Canada).

School normally won't insist upon study permit for giving admission. They would mainly ask for parent's status document.

One he receives a study permit, he can apply for a trv to enter exit Canada for the same period. That usually takes a month max for some one with a valid study / work permit.

Note that TRV is only required to leave and reenter Canada (except from US). If you are not leaving Canada and have a valid study permit, you can stay here till its expiry without the need of a TRV.
Hi FKL,

Thanks a lot for your advise.

As I know minor child accompany with parent have valid study permit do not need a study permit. In my case, my son still need a study permit and then apply TRV even he already had a valid visitor visa - multiple expired by end of Dec 2018.

I am little bit confuse when reading the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/minors-documents.asp

Could you please help to check the link and advise if I still need a study permit and new TRV for my son

Cheers, Thang

Asma12

Apr 13, 2016
Did Anyone receive update on SOWP application from Pakistan ? I applied on 14th jan. No update till now....

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
Hello All,

I received passport request. I am feb 5th online applicant.

Which VFS process will be faster for me to get passport stamped?

Thanks,
Subhk

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
I need input from seniors,

I applied for my PGWP and spouse open work permit and son's TRV together in Jan-2016. I have job in skill level A. I received my PGWP in March. Yesterday I received a notification from CIC regarding my wife's application, which says

XXXXX

Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Center located in Islamabad Pakistan for processing. The Canada Immigration center will be contacting you for further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Sincerely

Officer P
Case Processing Center Vegreville.

What does this message highlights? Are we expecting a good news from CIC?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Sonata95 said:
Hi FKL,

Thanks a lot for your advise.

As I know minor child accompany with parent have valid study permit do not need a study permit. In my case, my son still need a study permit and then apply TRV even he already had a valid visitor visa - multiple expired by end of Dec 2018.

I am little bit confuse when reading the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/minors-documents.asp

Could you please help to check the link and advise if I still need a study permit and new TRV for my son

Cheers, Thang
Yes that is true that your son dont need a study permit but without a study permit or visitor record he cant stay in Canada for more than 6months. He needs to exit and then come.

Arij

Mar 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmm. good to hear some progress. If they are talking about passport it should be good. i looked and found

Vegreville deals in

Work permit for spouses and common-law partners
6212–55th Avenue – Unit 777
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
CPC Vegreville

Islamabad deals with

Responsible for Temporary Resident Applications from:

(Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents)

b4ahmad said:
I need input from seniors,

I applied for my PGWP and spouse open work permit and son's TRV together in Jan-2016. I have job in skill level A. I received my PGWP in March. Yesterday I received a notification from CIC regarding my wife's application, which says

XXXXX

Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Center located in Islamabad Pakistan for processing. The Canada Immigration center will be contacting you for further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Sincerely

Officer P
Case Processing Center Vegreville.

What does this message highlights? Are we expecting a good news from CIC?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subhk said:
Hello All,

I received passport request. I am feb 5th online applicant.

Which VFS process will be faster for me to get passport stamped?

Thanks,
Subhk
Congrats Subhk! I don't really know the answer to your question (still waiting for my passport request) but hopefully the stamping process doesn't take too long

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
frustratedcanadian said:
Yes that is true that your son dont need a study permit but without a study permit or visitor record he cant stay in Canada for more than 6months. He needs to exit and then come.
Thanks a lot for you reply Frustratedcanadian. I understood study permit but what does it mean visitor record? How to do it? my son already had visitor visa - multiple and he was already inside Canada.

Again thank you for your advise

Cheers, Thang

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Sonata95 said:
Thanks a lot for you reply Frustratedcanadian. I understood study permit but what does it mean visitor record? How to do it? my son already had visitor visa - multiple and he was already inside Canada.

Cheers, Thang
Visitor record is issued at POE only. The validity will be the same duration as your wife's study permit.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Sonata95 said:

Cheers, Thang
A visitor record is the document issued when your child actually lands. It is kind of similar to study or work permit, but issued to visitors who are staying in Canada for a period longer than six months.

If your child just received a trv (which might be multiple entry and valid until 2018), but did not receive a visitor record upon actual landing, then you better apply for a study permit for him.

A simpler explanation given what you described sounds to me that you got a regular visitor trv for the child stating a visit of six months or less. It might be valid for longer but doesn't allow him to stay for longer than six months in one trip.

If you didn't get above and instead applied for a trv dependent upon parent, then the child must have received a visitor record upon landing in Canada which looks similar to a work permit and says he can stay in Canada until 2018 without having to exit after six months. It (Visitor Record) is not stamped on passport and looks quite similar to work or study permit.

If you have Visitor record, your child doesn't need SP to go to school in Canada. If you do not have that, then you better get him admission to school and get SP from inside Canada.

Hope that helps.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Arij said:
Hmmm. good to hear some progress. If they are talking about passport it should be good. i looked and found

Vegreville deals in

Work permit for spouses and common-law partners
6212–55th Avenue – Unit 777
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
CPC Vegreville

Islamabad deals with

Responsible for Temporary Resident Applications from:

(Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents)
Islamabad also deals with Spouse dependent permits. Usually an application is processed based upon the current country of residence.

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
i have verry big broblem..please help me everyone..

in my case , my wife was in canada on study permit, unfortunately due to some family problems she did not finish her study and after study permit finished she aaplied for visitor visa one time she got approved.

at this time we were in relationship.
i got married to her in december 2015.

and she got rejection for second visitor visa.and indicated that leave country immidately..she left to india..

i am working in canada on pgwp as supervisor which falls under NOC b level.

i wanna apply her sowp from india..please give me suggestion on this..what should i do??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi Harshi,

I don't see the problem, she was asked to leave and she left in time. So all perfectly okay.

She should simply apply from India for SOWP - attaching proof of your PGWP, your NOC B job and proof of relationship.

Additionally, she should attach details of why she left and proof of when she left so CIC knows didn't overstay.

That should be good enough. Good luck

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Netz said:
hello every1, any update on mid feb applicants.?

my spouse is 15th feb paper applicaton india (banglore)
Hey buddy,

Did you get any response from CIC for your CSE ?

What is the status of your application in mycic ?

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hello every1..

My spouse sowp got refused.. For some reg 186 or something... Im way to sad...i gotta think about my options now.. Plz help if any1 can tell me wht to do.