Finally PPR...
after 3 refusals.
submitted online application through my partner's MY CIC account

outside canada application - SOWP AND TRV for my 3y/o son

submitted JANUARY 15, 2016
with upfront medical
PPR APRIL 6, 2016
after 2months and 22 days

i just have a question, need your advice.
My husband is under PGWP - open work permit. during the process of SOWP AND TRV application, he worked under NOC A.
Due to unexpected circumstances he needed to transfer to SK. now with a full time job under NOC C. he works in SASKATOON HEALTH REGION. 1 full time 1 part time with a high income (collated). we have a clear pathway for SINP, he only needs to work full time for 2 years so he can apply for SINP (International graduate).

we received a PPR letter through email. What should we do when we land there? Do we need to update or inform them while we are still here in our country of residence? Please need you advice on this. thank you...

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
b4ahmad said:
Hi Kyle,

Congratulations. If you don't mind, would you share what is your country of residence? And previously you applied for visitor visa, or SOWP were refused 3 times?

For your question, here is the CIC link for spouse open work permit,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/policy.asp

As you can see that it clearly requires that spouse who is in Canada must have job in NOC O,A or B. It does not ask for how much money he is earning, but the skill level only.

On the other hand, CIC strongly recommends that you update any changes to your circumstances, change in name, birth of baby, employment etc. I am afraid if they find that your husband is not in skill level "A" and you have hidden the fact, that may be troublesome for you.

FKL can shed some light on it, but that is my view.
i dont know how else to update them coz there has been a decision made already
it has been 1 month since he transferred work
im from philippines

refusal 3x for sowp
since he was only a student then

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Type: SOWP
Application: February 16, 2016
Blank Update: March 17, 2016
Blank Update: March 31, 2016
No Update: Went to CIC website today(I check everyday) and Saw Final decision has been made approved.
Approved: April 06, 2016

Documents:

Main Applicant
Inland Application:
Copy of Passport
Marriage Certificate
Letter of Explanation: I included a letter that I got from my company that says I was on 2 weeks vacation and explained that I miss my family and wanted to stay with them. Man I really did miss my family. Guys just be honest and I think it will work out. That is what I did.

Wife
Copy of her Passport
Copy of her Study Permit
Copy of her Work Permit
--------------------------------------------------------------
I did not put any bank statement or anything like that. Additionally, I did not send any police record, medical or my education qualification.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am very very very very very very happy. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Congrats Viprewind, I think your SOWP is one of the fastest which got approved by CIC. Enjoy, and pray for us...

Kyle,

You can send your passport to CIC for visa stamping, but I think before you travel, you should inform CIC about the job change. Here is the link to send new information to CIC for online applications,

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

This is just my suggestion, ask FKL, he is senior member and he might show you a better path.

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
FKL,

I did not say thanks for all the information you provided me. But Thanks because I was definitely worried if I was eligible.

I have one more question. It is weird though. So I did not get an approval email, I actually went to my Portal and saw Approved and that my application was closed. Since I did not get an email, would they still be mailing out my permit or do I have to reach out to them to let them know I did not receive an email.

Additionally, what is the wait time from approved to work permit reaching at your door. I live in Calgary by the way.

Thanks,

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
FKL,

I got my email today. An it says I should expect secure mail at my address. I am good now thanks for all your help boss.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
viprewind said:
FKL,

I got my email today. An it says I should expect secure mail at my address. I am good now thanks for all your help boss.
You are most welcome and congratulations. Yes, generally you get a notification in your online account that application has been approved and the actual delivery of permit could take up to a week.

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
fkl said:
You are most welcome and congratulations. Yes, generally you get a notification in your online account that application has been approved and the actual delivery of permit could take up to a week.
I will start looking jobs now. It feels good to get back to work. Now thinking how to approach PR. Lol. lol. I am trying to be very strategic with it.

Rashique

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Hi,

need advice, my wife was student and just completed her masters degree from U of R .She has applied for post graduation work permit.I am residing outside Canada but i have visit visa valid till 2017.Can i apply for my OWP outside of canada or better to go there and apply the work permit.Previously i had OWP which was only for 3 months i applied while i was in Canada but cant utilize it as it was only for 3 months and was unable to travel that time.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
viprewind said:
I will start looking jobs now. It feels good to get back to work. Now thinking how to approach PR. Lol. lol. I am trying to be very strategic with it.
If you get a work permit, try concentrating on getting job in your profession. IF you got that, PR would be much smooth from inside Canada (though it has its own uncertainties).

However, getting first good job in your own profession in Canada, is at times harder than getting PR. There are plenty of horror stories of people wasting their life savings and then doing odd jobs or eventually changing professions.

I am not trying to scare any one off. But knowing it might be tough and doing your home work well is the best way to go. Research as much as you can before coming here (even approach people too) and then latter as well. Good luck.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Rashique said:
Hi,

need advice, my wife was student and just completed her masters degree from U of R .She has applied for post graduation work permit.I am residing outside Canada but i have visit visa valid till 2017.Can i apply for my OWP outside of canada or better to go there and apply the work permit.Previously i had OWP which was only for 3 months i applied while i was in Canada but cant utilize it as it was only for 3 months and was unable to travel that time.
Since your spouse completed her Degree, she also needs a skilled job NOC 0, A or B for you to be eligible for SOWP. This requirement remains same irrespective of where you apply from.

Once she has a job, there might be better chances of getting work permit from Inside Canada (could be slightly quicker)

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
Just wanted to say that two weeks ago someone here made me realized; after my spouse applied for SOWP that I had to upload the declaration of common law with proof of our union.

I thus raised a case specific enquiry with the additional documents.

We received a mail today from CIC saying that they added the documents to the application.

So do not hesitate to do a CSE if you realize that you forgot something.

Cheers.

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
fkl said:
If you get a work permit, try concentrating on getting job in your profession. IF you got that, PR would be much smooth from inside Canada (though it has its own uncertainties).

However, getting first good job in your own profession in Canada, is at times harder than getting PR. There are plenty of horror stories of people wasting their life savings and then doing odd jobs or eventually changing professions.

I am not trying to scare any one off. But knowing it might be tough and doing your home work well is the best way to go. Research as much as you can before coming here (even approach people too) and then latter as well. Good luck.
Fkl,

You will never scare me lol lol. You are truthful hence, I need that to be successful. I found out about this site February of last year and use the advise on hear to do my wife Study Permit and it was successful. I also applied for TRV for me and all my kids separately(even though this site advised against it) and got it. I try to ensure my application is extremely clear and precise(not too much information, however, enough to answer questions for the Visa Officer).

I have Express Entry or Nomination as my two options. If I am unable to get a Noc O, A or B job, then my wife will need to go through Nomination Program. That would be Post Graduate Work Permit AINP. This is the fastest in Alberta based off number of applicants and success story(researched that as well). Say my wife cant get an O,A or B job, then I cannot get an open work permit, but kids will still be able to get an extension on their Visitor Record(So they are good). For me, I would just apply for a study Permit in Canada, hence, I will have my legal status and be able to upgrade my education to increase my chances as well in Express Entry and even get access to AINP. Therefore, I have put alot of thought into this. Horror stories is not for me, it is for people who think they are better than certain types of work. I will do two low paying jobs if I have to :) :). No Issues with that trust me. The truth is after that I will then have access to PGWP afterwards as well. So we are looking at about 7 years in Canada for me and my family to get our PR. If we cannot figure it out by then, we should pack our bags and go home :):).

I love these forums because we are able to find a legal way to achieve success in Canada. Thanks again FKL. I am from Jamaica so my English is extremely good so I will do well in my IELTS.

Thanks again.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
sqid.madoma said:
Just wanted to say that two weeks ago someone here made me realized; after my spouse applied for SOWP that I had to upload the declaration of common law with proof of our union.

I thus raised a case specific enquiry with the additional documents.

We received a mail today from CIC saying that they added the documents to the application.

So do not hesitate to do a CSE if you realize that you forgot something.

Cheers.
Good news buddy!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
viprewind said:
Fkl,

You will never scare me lol lol. You are truthful hence, I need that to be successful. I found out about this site February of last year and use the advise on hear to do my wife Study Permit and it was successful. I also applied for TRV for me and all my kids separately(even though this site advised against it) and got it. I try to ensure my application is extremely clear and precise(not too much information, however, enough to answer questions for the Visa Officer).

I have Express Entry or Nomination as my two options. If I am unable to get a Noc O, A or B job, then my wife will need to go through Nomination Program. That would be Post Graduate Work Permit AINP. This is the fastest in Alberta based off number of applicants and success story(researched that as well). Say my wife cant get an O,A or B job, then I cannot get an open work permit, but kids will still be able to get an extension on their Visitor Record(So they are good). For me, I would just apply for a study Permit in Canada, hence, I will have my legal status and be able to upgrade my education to increase my chances as well in Express Entry and even get access to AINP. Therefore, I have put alot of thought into this. Horror stories is not for me, it is for people who think they are better than certain types of work. I will do two low paying jobs if I have to :) :). No Issues with that trust me. The truth is after that I will then have access to PGWP afterwards as well. So we are looking at about 7 years in Canada for me and my family to get our PR. If we cannot figure it out by then, we should pack our bags and go home :):).

I love these forums because we are able to find a legal way to achieve success in Canada. Thanks again FKL. I am from Jamaica so my English is extremely good so I will do well in my IELTS.

Thanks again.
Glad to hear that and all the very best. One needs this level of commitment, motivation and intent to start over a new life and eventually things turn positive.

Stay put and you will find your way. Good luck