VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hi xi,

1. You should see the checklist when you apply online. Generally speaking it is proof of relationship, principal applicant's qualification proof (work permit, Skilled job evidence) in addition to the applicant's own docs.
2. Since you had a gap in between it's better that you do submit every thing in detail. YES JOB PROFILE with detail is necessary to prove you have a NOC B (skilled job) and hence are eligible for SOWP.
3. I don't think so - as long as your current job is NOC B and your permit is valid for a good length of time (if less than six months remaining, then probably it's not a good situation).
4. Yes
5. If your spouse never lived in Canada for more than six months in a single visit, he doesn't need one from here. From US, yes since he has been living there for more than six months.
6. If your job is skilled (and your income is enough to support two people), then he does not require any proof of funds, though having some would have a positive contribution.
7. No funds needed if your job letter and duties clearly prove it's NOC B job and shows a reasonable wage according to your profession's average in your province. Still if you do show some that's okay.
8. If you have been married for a long time and have kids etc. probably nothing else is needed. If you are recently married and haven't lived together in a while, then probably you should attach further proof.

xi said:
Hi Fk;

I am new to this forum. I need some expert advise regarding filing sowp. I am on post graduate work permit status in canada and my spouse is working in USA on work visa. I have a NOC B category since last june which I quit in nov and went for break for two months and now again I am joining new company with same job profile from Feb. I have few quick questions regarding filing SOWP.
1. What is the detailed checklist of documents required for filing SOWP.
2. Do i have to show information (like pay stub, job profile) from both of my employers previous and current.
3. Would my 2 months layoff affect the Sowp.
4. Should i file SOWP asa i recieve my two paychecks from the new job.
5. Do we require PCC for filing SOWP. My spouse already has canadian visitor visa since last 3 years.
6. Does my spouse has to show funds and if yes how much and does she has to provide any letter of intent regarding current job profile.
7. Do i have to provide any letter of intent regarding my job profile and what amount of funds do i need to show.
8. Apart from marriage certificate and some photographs do we need to show any other document justifying our marriage.
Experts kindly give your inputs. Thank you in advance!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
priyankaj said:
I'll explain my situation.

I have graduated Aug2014 and got my 3 years PGWP in November. I am working full time, permanent job on NOC level B. My boyfriend came on Student Visa in Jan 2015.
Now we are thinking to get married.
So my question is once we get married, can he apply SOWP within the Canada as my husband based on my work permit.

Please help,
Provided you can prove that your job is NOC B and have wages matching the jobs average in your province, yes you can apply for SOWP once you get married. However, i would add that they would probe this kind of marriage quite a lot (recent marriage in Canada and one of the applicants is going to live/work here based upon the status of other). So you would probably need to attach lots of proof for this being a genuine marriage. All the best

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@daddypogz1211 sorry to hear about your situation.

The first thing you need to do is apply for GCMS notes for your profile so you would be able to see in detail what they objected in your case.

Since your spouse is in Canada you should be able to get those with in a month. Address the reasons mentioned and indicate it clearly in the application when applying again. If you have doubts, ask here. Good luck.

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hello,

I came to canada in Jan 2013 as an internatinal student , I did my post grad program (8 months) and obtained PGWP for one year.I started working (NOC B) in october 2013 and now I have earned one year of work experience in canada, my work permit expired in october 2014 and I was working on implied status until dec 2014. My restoration period is gonna end by the beginning of march. My employer applied an LMIA for me and i am very sure that I will not get my decision on LMIA before my status expires. Now to extend my status I planned to marry my girl friend, who is living with me for the past 6 months. I am planning to apply for a spouse open workpermit, my girl friend has a study permit and it is valid until end of 2016.

My queries are,

1. Will I get a open work permit ?

2. What is the current processing time for spouse work permit ?

3. What are the forms & documents need to be attached ?

4. Is there any chance of rejection of my application ?

Please help! Thanks in advance!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Nis918921 said:
Applied online.....
That doesn't make a difference. What is the country of residence of applicant? The embassy that caters it would normally process the application. And processing time of the same embassy applies.

Nis918921

Jan 19, 2015
fkl said:
That doesn't make a difference. What is the country of residence of applicant? The embassy that caters it would normally process the application. And processing time of the same embassy applies.
H
She is from India....so probably new delhi

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
Applied on November 4th online (Chandigarh Consulate) still no reply..

TARU

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
EEapplicant said:
it's more than three months?

send them email they are taking time more than procesing time.

Taru

Nis918921

Jan 19, 2015
EEapplicant said:
hello

Guys good news for me...
my wife got open work permit in 36 days

Timeline here:
Application : online on jan 3rd jan(with upfront medical)
Medical status changed to.passed on 5th jan
passport request jan 9th
it wil come in 7 business days.
i have noc c category job.
this is online..it works..i applied by myself.
before that my wife rejected 2 times and those are done by agent. Those are not.prper explained.
so guys dont waste your money. I spent 65000 rs around. And waste my time..
so i m.suggesting ..applied online..it will work for sure
thanks
cheers

med

sanybhai

Feb 21, 2014
Hi Experts plz help..
Do i have to submit imm5257 for applying sowp. I know i have to submit imm5257 shed-1.
Also, can you suggest of some good points for my invitation letter?

Are spouse's of PGWP skilled worker getting owp nowadays? what are your thoughts?

thanks in advance :D

Nis918921

Jan 19, 2015
sanybhai said:
Hi Experts plz help..
Do i have to submit imm5257 for applying sowp. I know i have to submit imm5257 shed-1.
Also, can you suggest of some good points for my invitation letter?

Are spouse's of PGWP skilled worker getting owp nowadays? what are your thoughts?

thanks in advance :D
Yup...just applied n see what they will do with ur application