+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

ayeshak

Aug 17, 2014
Hi. My fiance is a Canadian PR, waiting for his citizenship. Currently he is pursuing hid MBA in Canada. We are to be married in December 2014. Am i eligible to apply for an open work permit to go live with him after marriage and hopefully find a job?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ayeshak said:
Hi. My fiance is a Canadian PR, waiting for his citizenship. Currently he is pursuing hid MBA in Canada. We are to be married in December 2014. Am i eligible to apply for an open work permit to go live with him after marriage and hopefully find a job?
No. He is a PR, you aren't eligible for a SOWP. He will have to sponsor you as a PR.

ayeshak

Aug 17, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

No. He is a PR, you aren't eligible for a SOWP. He will have to sponsor you as a PR.
Thanks. Unfortunately a spouse visa takes too long to process. makes more sense to apply for a work visa. Does it help your job and/or work visa application to show that your spouse is a PR?

vijayanand

Apr 11, 2014
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
I have collect all necessary documents for FSW14 in NOC 2173.

Should i submit the application now or should i wait for EE 2015.

Also I have applied for spouse OWP online, and the processing time is 4 months.

Please suggest, what should i do now

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
vijayanand said:
I have collect all necessary documents for FSW14 in NOC 2173.

Should i submit the application now or should i wait for EE 2015.

Also I have applied for spouse OWP online, and the processing time is 4 months.

Please suggest, what should i do now

Why wait? If you have everything them you should definitely go ahead and apply. Express entry is still a big mystery at this point but it seems as though it will favor those persons with job offers and perhaps those already working. Who knows? I'd apply now because at least the rules in place now are clear.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Even with what details are currently clear, there are no promises for regular applicants (i.e. those without job offers from Canada). So if any thing regular applicants might face delays or at least uncertainty while going for express entry.

Only some one already working in Canada should be considering whether to wait for express entry or not. Those applying from outside should definitely apply prior to that, IMHO.

wreckitralph

Dec 24, 2012
Hello everyone,

I applied for the federal application under provincial nominee in November beginning, got married in December end.
Got the medicals for only myself in January, after coming back to canada in January, I included my wife with my application in February end, submitted all the documents for her as well, such as gave her police cert. and upfront medicals. My medicals results reach the embassy in February end as well. Got the RRPF request to submit the money online on 10th July for both me and my wife. Submitted it online on the same day. They assigned the Client ID number as well for my wife. I am planing to go back to India in October to bring my wife here to Canada. I am still waiting for the PPR request now.

I am planning to go back to India in October and want to bring her here with me, should I go ahead and apply for Open work permit or visitor visa for my wife?, I am working on PGWP here in Canada.

Pls help in clearing these doubts.
Thanks

msayed11

Aug 19, 2014
Hi Puttu,

Regarding the question you had asked about "Purpose of Travel - Other" document. Did you get an answer. IF you did, I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm not sure what this is and I am wanting to apply work permit for my spouse.

Thanks in Advnace.

iceprincess

Dec 24, 2013
Is it possible to apply for a Canadian PR and a tourist/ Spouse OWP while my PR application file is in process? Is there a delay/risk attached in my PR applications and/or TRV/SOWP application in doing so???? Also any impact if I apply for PR solo than with a partner? Since my spouse is already holding Canadian work permit!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
iceprincess said:
Is it possible to apply for a Canadian PR and a tourist/ Spouse OWP while my PR application file is in process? If so, why so? Is there a delay/risk attached to doing so????
You can apply for trv any time. But chances of success with a PR in process would depend upon whether they see your over all profile as credible enough to come and leave the country if you have to or not.

For a SOWP only if you had applied IN LAND for PR, you are eligible to apply. This basically means you were already in Canada on some legal status and applied for Spousal sponsorship while being here. In land sponsorship processes slower than out land one though but you have the advantage of being able to work here mean while if you get an OWP.

As such there is no risk to the PR application. The worst that could happen is being denied trv or work permit.

avsa

Aug 26, 2014
my husband is in canada he is a skilled worker there.... i m planning to apply OPW in next month... pls help me which document required from his side.....and pls tell me we hv 10 years old daughter and 5 year old son which type of visa we can apply ... visitor visa or open student visa i m very confused pls help me n pls tell me which document are requir plz help me can i apply open work permit .I am indian and live in Italy my husband Italan
pls help me
Thanx,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@ avsa you would need his work permit, copy of job offer and LMO showing his NOC.

Then you would need your own docs, educational and work if any along with proof of relationship.

For your older kid you should apply for "Open study permit" (A regular study permit application but without specifying any admission acceptance
For the younger one you should apply for TRV. Purpose of visit is "accompanying mother"

farwa ff

Jul 31, 2013
Spouse Open Work permit

Hello ALL :)
Just to share with everyone that atlast my spouse open work permit got Approved today..
so happy... :)

My timeline
Applied: May 3rd
Medical request : 24th July
Medical submitted : 11th August
Med approved :18th August
Finally Visa Approved : 27th August

Best of Luck to All :)

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
farwa ff said:
Hello ALL :)
Just to share with everyone that atlast my spouse open work permit got Approved today..
so happy... :)

My timeline
Applied: May 3rd
Medical request : 24th July
Medical submitted : 11th August
Med approved :18th August
Finally Visa Approved : 27th August

Best of Luck to All :)
Congratulations Farwa ff, shall very much appreciate if you kindly share with us what documents did you submit with your application and was it online or paper based?

farwa ff

Jul 31, 2013
alijumani said:
Congratulations Farwa ff, shall very much appreciate if you kindly share with us what documents did you submit with your application and was it online or paper based?

my documents included the following and I applied online as it is more faster and you can track ur status easily ..
-my sop
-invitation letter of my husband and also showing proof of his full-time international student
-proof of my financial support which includes :
-funds in my husbands Canadian account
-his employment letter and slips
- his credit score from equifax Canada
- affidavit of support from my father in law and his bank statement
- my employment letter, pay slips, bank statement
- my assets( house / car / life insurance of me and husband from sate life Pakistan )
-police clearance certificate.
-my highest degree
-husbands study details